Creelman... does Brazil!
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Last Blog Post! 6 months ago I flirted with the idea of changing this blog a while ago, when it dawned on me my observations on Brazilian culture are mostly filtered through my time here in Latin America’s second largest city, Sao Paulo. So I wanted a name that reflected this.I decided on ‘What About Sao Paulo’ when...
- Encounters In Rio....Of The British Kind! 8 months ago At the end of December last year I took a trip over to Rio, where I spent Christmas day with some friends relaxing on Ipanema beach. With each visit to this beach I find myself in awe of its beauty, and on this day this was further enhanced by a spectacular sunset. As the sun began to dip behind...
- Three Things That Brazilians Can (Probably) Do Better Than You 7 months ago For my first post of 2014 I've decided to write a tongue-in-cheek account of very subtle things Brazilians excel at in comparison to us Brits. Let me know what you think!#1 Queuing “I know what you will say about Brazil when you get back to England” joked my Brazilian friend last year....
- Top 10 Finds In Sao Paulo 2013 8 months ago A couple of months ago I was scanning through my Twitter feed when I came across a ‘Top 10 Must-Visit in Sao Paulo’ list. It was written by one of those international bloggers who seem to travel all over the world with the sole intention of making top 10 lists of absolutely everything. This was...
- Brazilian Women On The Beach: Sexy and They Know It? 9 months ago Last year my Brazilian friends and I took a trip to the beach with one of my friends from back home in tow. After an hour or so of sun bathing in the heat, she told me that she was going to take a dip in the sea to cool off. As soon as she'd walked out of ear-shot, my friend Carlos quickly sat up...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Brazil Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Brazil!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 14 reviews on Creelman... does Brazil!
15:42 PM November 01, 2012
Having followed Creelman's blogged exploits around the world, from Disneyland to Japan, I knew to expect him to get under the skin of whatever culture he threw himself into next. Observing and reporting, with a keen eye and a keener sense of humour; this blog paints a vivid picture of his expat life.
19:09 PM November 01, 2012
A very realistic and at times quite hilarious account of the daily life of a gringo in São Paulo... always with smart illustrations. Love it :)
17:06 PM December 07, 2012
I too have followed Andrews accounts of his travels and have to say they are the most amusing and 'to the point' I have ever read! His sharp humour and honesty make them funny and interesting! Keep them up Andrew! Great work!
17:40 PM December 07, 2012
Having lived in São Paulo for 18 months, Andrew's blog provides a unique perspective of things that I begin to consider a normal daily occurence. Andrew's posts have the ability to turn something from the familiar and ordinary, into something remarkable and hilarious. I get a new appreciation of Brazil whenever I read his posts. The article about the supermarkets is 100% spot-on. I love my weekly shopping trips now as I'm always reminded about Andrew's perspective - which makes the whole experience far more valued and fun :) I love this blog, keep it up and I hope to see many more posts in the future!
18:12 PM December 07, 2012
I love this blog! Creelman manages to see the funny side in almost every situation and he has a remarkable ability of capturing every detail which makes even those of us less well travelled really relate to his experiences :)
18:28 PM December 07, 2012
It is quite interesting the way he compares the different types cultures. Sometimes, when I read Creel's blog, I picture the scene and I keep thinking how weird we are, indeed! But, aren't we all? =) Love this blog!
23:36 PM December 07, 2012
It's impossible not to laugh, learn a new thing or even get moved by reading Creelman's blog. The way he analyses the Brazilian culture is unique! I loved it the first time I read it, and now I just can't wait for his updates! Hope you stay in Brazil for a long time and keep on writing about our culture, which I guess is also yours now, right?
01:00 AM December 10, 2012
It's amazing the experiences that happen in Creelman's brazilian routine! I live in São Paulo since I was born and most of times and I have "no time" to see all these details around this big city... It's fantastic his point of view! Creelman's sense of humor makes living in São Paulo even more interesting and fun. Love this blog!
20:42 PM December 12, 2012
This is a really good blog, well written with a light touch and gives a real flavour of the country. You should really check it out.
13:28 PM December 17, 2012
I have followed your blog Andrew for some time and as someone who also left the bright lights and apparent safe streets of the Uk for foreign turf i frequently can relate to some of your experiences. Your blog never fails to make me laugh out loud (literally). Keep up the great work!! what a great thing to look back on in future years!!
13:35 PM December 17, 2012
Few bloggers manage to keep my attention and continue to be as funny and observant as Creelman does. Always a great read, really well written and keeps me coming back for more. Which is quite an achievement!
13:48 PM December 17, 2012
Awesome blog and awesome guy!!! And thanks to you and your writing I remember every day why my second home-country is Brazil! Travelers, check it out before going in the concrete chaos of Sampa!
14:29 PM December 17, 2012
Awesome! Creelman is funny, ironic and clever, really good blog!
20:44 PM December 17, 2012
Excellent work Good job When I read Andrew's blog I feel like this man used very polite language One loves to read his posts