Brave, or just crazy?
Latest Blog Posts »
- They were right...it does go too fast. 6 months ago People told me to enjoy each moment, because they would be gone before I knew it. I remember outwardly nodding and agreeing that it was, indeed, going too quickly. On the inside, however, I was doubtful. I mean, seriously, how could time possibly be going by quickly when there were days that felt...
- Hello old friend! 6 months ago Logging into the blog after a long hiatus is like bumping into an old friend you haven’t seen in ages. I want to say “hi” and catch you up on life, but I’m not really sure where to start. So much has happened since my last post, some of it exciting, but most of it […]
- Cambodia Photo Tour 1 year ago In a word, Cambodia was… Amazing! Striking! Eye-opening! Thought provoking… OK, so that was five words, but all are true. In Singapore, Cambodia is a very popular place for charities to focus on. Caring for Cambodia and Tabitha are two of the largest organizations and, if you are interested,...
- Weird thoughts 2 years ago You know, sometimes my mind works in weird ways. For example, as I was standing at the stove this evening, browning some bacon for a Caesar salad, I started watching a particular piece as it was rendering down. Have you ever really watched bacon cook? As the pan heats up, the fat in the bacon […]
- Countdown to Cambodia 2 years ago Those of you who know me well, know that I love photography. I received my first camera, a KODAK Disc, when I was in junior high, but it wasn’t until our boys were born that I really got into it. We used to joke that the boys were so used to having their pictures taken […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Singapore Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Singapore!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 32 reviews on Brave, or just crazy?
23:26 PM November 15, 2012
So funny! Love reading this, cannot wait for each posting!!! Please more!
00:42 AM November 16, 2012
Great blog with some really excellent photography to boot! Written by someone with great sense of humor about all of the trials and tribulations of raising teen boys and all of the gritty, smelly, rough and tumble things that entails. Great travel tips as well, as the writer obviously enjoys learning about her local surroundings, and nearby vacation spots, and shares her enthusiasm with the reader. Really not just for expats, but expats will find a kindred spirit in it.
00:46 AM November 16, 2012
Niki is a very talented writer. Although she lives halfway across the world, I feel like I am experiencing her travels alongside her through her writing and her photography. I am so happy for her and her family that they are enjoying their new life in Singapore and I look forward to their next visit home, in Montreal.
01:17 AM November 16, 2012
Really well written....funny....touching....revealing.
01:26 AM November 16, 2012
I have always appreciated you humor, gift of words that make me smile, and beautiful pictures. Please keep writing and sharing.
08:06 AM November 16, 2012
This was the first blog I discovered when I first learned I was moving to Singapore. It is interesting and well written. I am so happy to have found a fellow expat so willing to share her experiences!
07:25 AM November 17, 2012
I really enjoy Niki's posts - and her photos are great.
09:05 AM November 18, 2012
I love reading of her adventures. Her sense of humor keeps things interesting and entertaining. Her beautiful photographs also bring so much to the experience. She IS Brave for taking this huge step in her family's life and I love the way she shares her adventures with us.
18:51 PM November 19, 2012
Your photos make me add all the places youvhave been to my bucket list. The stories make me laugh, thanks for sharing!
03:10 AM November 20, 2012
Too funny and full of adventure!
03:23 AM November 20, 2012
I miss the Goldwax's... We all do. Niki's blog has become something we look forward to reading, it's a conversation piece at the dinner table. We know Niki just well enough to hear her voice as we read the blog posts. Her humor shines thru in a great way. I'm not surprised her blog is considered "one of the best". I hope she wins a prize, bust mostly I hope she keeps on posting.
04:22 AM November 20, 2012
Amazing blog!!! So wonderfully written!! Amazing!! I'm discovering Singapore thru her words and her photography! Love it!!
12:13 PM November 20, 2012
Vivid, engaging, and totally relatable, Niki takes us all along on her adventures through her well-crafted words and her breathtaking photos. Love this blog!
09:23 AM November 21, 2012
Brave or just crazy always has me daydreaming about where to visit. After reading her incredible post about Kangaroo Island, I ended up booking my family there for part of our January vacation. I love her photography and her positive, humorous outlook.
14:16 PM November 21, 2012
Love it! So well written - looking forward to more great posts.
08:36 AM November 22, 2012
Very nice blog! You should be a published writer!
12:33 PM November 22, 2012
I always get excited when I see you have a new post. Your blogs are fun, honest and entertaining.
00:33 AM November 28, 2012
Love Niki's wit and way of putting things in perspective. Very entertaining and down to earth.
01:34 AM November 28, 2012
Niki's blog is amazing, funny, and insightful. She's obviously an intelligent and thoughtful blogger with an extraordinary brother. Hey, I'm just say'en.
00:44 AM November 30, 2012
Love it! Quirky and insightful
04:35 AM November 30, 2012
A refreshing and wonderfully written blog.
05:14 AM November 30, 2012
Your adventures sound amazing. I'm living my life vicariously through your writing!
13:20 PM November 30, 2012
13:07 PM December 03, 2012
I know that when I see a new post for Brave, or Just Crazy I'm going to laugh, see some terrific photography and learn something about a place I've never visited. Love Niki's posts and her sense of humor!
14:36 PM December 03, 2012
Funny & well produced.
01:46 AM December 04, 2012
Love this blog. Well written, witty and informative. Definitely deserves an award!!
06:21 AM December 04, 2012
Niki's blog is always entertaining and delightful and I love her photography. She has such a nice way with words and has a marvelous sense of humor. When I see her blog plop into to my mailbox I drop everything to see what's new with Niki and her family.
12:28 PM December 04, 2012
Lovely and touching. Beautiful insights.
15:18 PM December 04, 2012
Niki's ability to explain her adventures to the reader is extremely insightful and entertaining. She is an accomplished writer and photographer. I feel like I am traveling with her and her family and getting a birds-eye view of the the boys growing up through the eyes of their mother. Just a great blog which I always look forward to reading.
15:41 PM December 04, 2012
Niki writes beautifully and with great insights. I always enjoy reading this blog!
17:12 PM December 05, 2012
You are such an awesome writer!
09:29 AM February 06, 2013
Funny blog! Love a Canadian view of Singapore, eh...