Latest Blog Posts »
- Austin's South Congress Street Art 3 weeks ago Forget about Donald or HillarySouth Congress Avenue, also known as SoCo, in Austin, Texas is an extremely walkable street full of stores and restaurants. Another great draw is the cluster of fantastic street art. This summer, I took my daughter and her friends down to explore the area by foot, and...
- 5 Things to Do in Austin other than Austin City Limits or SXSW 3 weeks ago The often photographed mural on the side of a building of West Annie Street at South 1st Street Hordes of festival goers descend upon Austin, Texas this week to attend the Austin City Limits Festival. Locals like me have two choices — either join the crowds to enjoy one live music concert after...
- In Shambles on Britain's Most Picturesque Street 2 months ago You can't tell from the photo above, but in the middle of the day, this cobblestone street is packed. Throngs of tourists peer into store windows and pop into shops to buy picture postcards, jewelry or slabs of fudge. Walking tours wind through the crowds valiantly attempting to keep their group...
- Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory Tour 2 months ago Tons of photo ops at the Ben & Jerry's factoryVisiting the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream factory has been at the top of my list of must-see food factory tours. Available in 35 countries, I hope that you've been one of the many folks around the world to enjoy their frozen delights with the catchy names....
- 6 National Parks in the middle of Big Cities 2 months ago Kids can earn a Junior Ranger badge during a trip to the big city.This week, America is wishing Happy 100th Birthday to the US National Park Service. A century ago, President Woodrow Wilson signed the act that created the agency “to conserve the scenery and the natural and historic objects and...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Malaysia Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Malaysia!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 31 reviews on Malaysian Meanders
05:26 AM November 18, 2012
Michele's blog is a fantastic combination of expat and travel blog. She has amazing travel tips and stories and shares the ups and downs of expat life with humor and heart. I always look forward to her next post.
11:47 AM November 21, 2012
Love this blog. The witty humor keeps me entertained, and the useful information keeps me coming back for more!
12:21 PM November 21, 2012
I love reading and always look forward to the next one. Theyre funny, entertaining and educational!
13:48 PM November 21, 2012
Very entertaining, funny, and informative. I feel like I'm experiencing all the adventures described!
01:09 AM November 22, 2012
I look forward to Michele's blogs as well as her great photos!!! I used to live in Malaysia so reading her blog has brought up some great memories but also made me discover a new part of the country that I had not gotten to see fully. I am now using her blog to plan my next trip there!!
01:10 AM November 22, 2012
Very helpful, funny, and down to earth blog!
05:45 AM November 22, 2012
Very useful and entertaining blog! I have often used her advice when planning upcoming travels and appreciate the time she has dedicated to researching accurate local information for Penang. She shares her experiences with honesty and wit, and I enjoy "traveling" along with her!
16:56 PM November 22, 2012
Love seeing Malaysia through a fellow Texan's eyes.
15:22 PM November 25, 2012
Michele always includes the little details, sometimes humorous, sometimes beautiful, from crazy signs and food labels to legoland, religious rites and temples, and modes of transportation, that keep the blog entertaining and really give you a feeling of what it's like for an expat to live in Malaysia day to day. Definitely recommended reading for anyone thinking of going, or looking for ideas or inspiration for a trip.
17:40 PM November 25, 2012
Always a fascinating read. I constantly look forward to her latest adventure experiences and love living vicariously through her words.
20:24 PM November 25, 2012
I've had a fantastic time reading Michele's blog. Her adventures in Malaysia are wonderful to experience through her words and wonderful personality.
20:59 PM November 25, 2012
I really enjoy this blog. Always look forward to the adventures Michele and her family are experiencing.
23:28 PM November 25, 2012
Love this blog, look forward to reading it!
01:24 AM November 26, 2012
The best travel blogs are those with the fine details that bring you there. Michele's blogs are always like that. Truly entertaining and often fascinating! 'can't wait until the next one!!
03:13 AM November 26, 2012
An excellent blog that I enjoy reading! Full of humor as well as learning about a culture outside of the USA.
07:43 AM November 26, 2012
I love reading Michele's adventures with her family in Malaysia and their travels all over Asia. She keeps me entertained with her wit, humor and great writing. There's always a variety of stories that will have you smiling or wishing you were traveling with them. So glad to have virtually met her.
13:31 PM November 26, 2012
great resource and fun to read,verry addictive blog, can't get enough of it.
19:09 PM November 26, 2012
I have always enjoyed reading Michelle's blog posts. Each update gives me a glimpse of a Malaysia that only someone like her and her family could give her readers!
00:19 AM November 27, 2012
Since my family and I are moving to Malaysia next month, I have been regularly reading her blog to get insight on how an American family is living there. It is a great blog!
20:35 PM November 27, 2012
Michele's Malaysian Meanders blog is a lot of fun to read and also very informative. Michele includes her family's personal experiences along with pictures and lots of practical information in case you are thinking of embarking upon the same activity. And always a little bit of humor. I have not visited Malaysia yet, but feel like I have a good flavor of what it's like from reading the blog.
23:52 PM November 27, 2012
As I prepared for our move from the U.S. to Penang I discovered this wonderful blog. I always look forward to Michele's new posts. There is a wealth of information that has proven very helpful for this new expat. I feel like I am reading a note from a friend when actually we have never met.
12:03 PM November 28, 2012
Entertaining, informative - this blog has it all.
18:20 PM November 29, 2012
I read it every week - at least. Brings back wonderful memories of our travels through Southeast Asia.
00:07 AM November 30, 2012
I read Malaysian Meanders weekly. The information is great and child friendly. Congratulations on your nomination Michelle!
16:26 PM November 30, 2012
Fantastic! Reading Michele's blog brings me right into her adventures.
04:53 AM December 01, 2012
I enjoy reading this blog and get great travel ideas from it. I feel like I am part of the adventure as I read. It makes me laugh and I can relate to the experiences.
13:21 PM December 01, 2012
So fun to read - thanks Michele!
00:22 AM December 03, 2012
Michelle's blog is fun to read. I love reading about her adventures with her family and unique insights into Malaysia as an expat.
01:24 AM December 03, 2012
fascinating blog. reading Michelle's story makes you feel like you're there too.
11:13 AM December 04, 2012
I love reading Malaysian Meanders! It captures a distant land in an accessible format and provides insight to any who enjoy travel and other cultures. So far, my favorite is about the Loy Krathong Festival. I can't wait to read more about their adventures :)
03:12 AM December 19, 2012
Start reading the blog today and I began to love Michele's humorous adventures. Have not been to Malaysia but can picture in my mind what a beautiful place to visit.