Latest Blog Posts »
- The Night The Lights Went Out 2 days ago The following is a short story inspired by the spat of recent earthquakes. It is fictional and pretty darn one-dimensional but it has been a long time since I´ve written a story – I´m rusty!! Present Day Santiago At 11:05pm on Tuesday 22nd, every single light in the city went out. The...
- How to be Earthquake Savvy 1 week ago Chile has a lot of earthquakes. Science tells us we can to thank the subduction fault off of Chile´s coast that is constantly busy. This sees the Nazca plate pushing against the South American plate, causing wonders (like the Andes mountain range) and unpredictable conditions such as...
- Supporting Small: Business Directory 1 week ago The magazine Forbes writes that small businesses are impressive when you think ¨about the time, commitment and labour these hard working individuals contribute to make their business both come to life and stay alive¨ (Sep 2 2014). Many of us do not think consciously about where we shop, but it...
- Being An Expat Means Saying Goodbye 1 week ago ¨A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles¨ Tim Cahill When I left my home country in 2012 to make a new one in Chile, I took with me a suitcase that struggled to stay shut. And yet I realize, all these years later, that none of the things I´d packed I wouldContinue reading
- Mummy Diaries: Love 1 week ago Sometimes I wonder – what is love? When I think about it I don´t find the answer in a single word. When I grasp its depths I find everything but also nothing; its explanation always eludes me. Love is a smile, a laugh, a look, your child´s hand in yours and the feeling of thoseContinue reading
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Querida Recoleta has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!