Latest Blog Posts »
- America Comprehended: Thanksgiving 1 day ago THANKSGIVING: A loggerhead sea turtle will diligently traverse thousands upon thousands of miles of ocean in order to return to her natal beach to lay her eggs. Likewise, a bluefin tuna will cross the full length of the Atlantic to ensure she spawns her fishy brood in her natal region. And yet...
- Loren ipsum pro patria mori 2 weeks ago Like a BNP tweet, I am a day late in posting something about Remembrance Day. As what passes here for the biting cold begins, I found myself rummaging through the coat closet over the weekend for something seasonally appropriate to wear. Hanging in there are all our winter overcoats. They’re are...
- Hallo-bloody-ween 3 weeks ago I hate Halloween. Greedy little bastards in shitty costumes demanding their candy fix or else something nasty might just happen. At heart, it’s a ridiculously low stakes protection racket.
- Upon being mistaken for a Bruce 2 months ago A woman complimented me on my Australian accent today and so I ended up bluffing my way through a five minute conversation about Sydney – it just seemed less awkward than correcting her.
- America Comprehended: Labor Day 3 months ago LABOR DAY: A national holiday marking the last day of the calendar year that Tom Wolfe (a man who lives in perpetual fear of the splashback) can dress in his trademark suit and not be considered gauche.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Culturally Discombobulated has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!