Latest Blog Posts »
- American Notes: Gopshite 3 weeks ago GOPSHITE: Portmanteau of GOP and gobshite, as in “Hannity is being a right mouthy gopshite tonight.”
- American Notes: Jon Stewart 3 weeks ago JON STEWART: American comedian and satirist. Retires tonight from The Daily Show moments before Donald Trump stands centre-stage at a televised Republican Party presidential debate as the (currently) highest polling GOP candidate, because how can you effectively satirize American politics when it...
- American Notes: Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest 1 month ago NATHAN’S HOT DOG EATING CONTEST: Held every Independence Day on Coney Island and broadcast on ESPN, Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest is the Wimbledon of gross overconsumption. Great sporting events should move the heart, the only thing moving at this event are the competitors’s bowels.
- American Notes: The Liberty Bell (military march) 1 month ago THE LIBERTY BELL (MILITARY MARCH): Patriotic American military march now more recognizable as the theme tune to Monty Python’s Flying Circus; British payback for the American appropriation of that paean of British patriotism Pomp and Circumstances being used for American kindergarten graduations.
- American Notes: Taco Salad 2 months ago TACO SALAD: Two words that are utterly incompatible with one another (cf. Jello Salad).
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Culturally Discombobulated has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!