Latest Blog Posts »
- O Canada, you are silly 1 week ago
- Desultory thoughts #117 1 week ago Just as I begin to feel America is less foreign, less other, I remind myself that this is a society that considers “Chad” an acceptable name for a man.
- My struggle 2 weeks ago Conversation overheard while browsing the local secondhand bookstore Woman 1: Hi, I was looking for . . . well, actually I don’t think you’ll have it in stock, though my husband said you would, but I really doubt it. So I need to get . . . But I really don’t think you’d . . […]
- America Comprehended: Collective nouns and singular verbs 2 months ago COLLECTIVE NOUNS AND SINGULAR VERBS: The last month, for fairly obvious World Cup-related reasons, I have been flicking through the sports pages of American newspapers more often than usual. Reading reports of World Cup games I have been reminded of one of those irritating British-English and...
- The County Fair 2 months ago Does it get more American (real American?) than a County Fair? I went along this past Saturday, looking at livestock, sweating like a pig as the weather hit the 90s and wondering just who in this heat could bring themselves to eat deep fried fair food while dehydrating on lite beers.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Culturally Discombobulated has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!