Latest Blog Posts »
- Back to school book selections 1 day ago There’s some articles I’ve come across recently that state that there’s been 74 school shootings in the US over the last 18 months. With such depressing numbers I’m unsure whether this back to school display at my local Barnes & Noble is intended as darkly satricial or cynically practical.
- Seattle 1 week ago I’d like to claim that my perception of America is borne out of a lifetime’s close reading of the country’s literature and history, but the truth is that the America pottering about in my subconscious has been mostly formed by pop-culture guff (if that isn’t considered too harsh in these...
- O Canada, you are silly 3 weeks ago
- Desultory thoughts #117 3 weeks ago Just as I begin to feel America is less foreign, less other, I remind myself that this is a society that considers “Chad” an acceptable name for a man.
- My struggle 2 months ago Conversation overheard while browsing the local secondhand bookstore Woman 1: Hi, I was looking for . . . well, actually I don’t think you’ll have it in stock, though my husband said you would, but I really doubt it. So I need to get . . . But I really don’t think you’d . . […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Culturally Discombobulated has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!