Latest Blog Posts »
- America Comprehended: Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest 3 weeks ago NATHAN’S HOT DOG EATING CONTEST: Held every Independence Day on Coney Island and broadcast on ESPN, Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest is the Wimbledon of gross overconsumption. Great sporting events should move the heart, the only thing moving at this event are the competitors’s bowels.
- America Comprehended: The Liberty Bell (military march) 3 weeks ago THE LIBERTY BELL (MILITARY MARCH): Patriotic American military march now more recognizable as the theme tune to Monty Python’s Flying Circus; British payback for the American appropriation of that paean of British patriotism Pomp and Circumstances being used for American kindergarten graduations.
- America Comprehended: Taco Salad 1 month ago TACO SALAD: Two words that are utterly incompatible with one another (cf. Jello Salad).
- America Comprehended: Check 1 month ago CHECK: A bill of exchange, but more notably in terms of this entry, “check” is the US spelling that I find myself most resistant to. I can now – and just as easily as people who spent each school morning pledging themselves to flags – erase the “u” from color and mold, the “o” from...
- America Comprehended: Flag Day 1 month ago FLAG DAY: Because inanimate objects need their own days too.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Culturally Discombobulated has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!