Latest Blog Posts »
- Upon being mistaken for a Bruce 1 month ago A woman complimented me on my Australian accent today and so I ended up bluffing my way through a five minute conversation about Sydney – it just seemed less awkward than correcting her.
- America Comprehended: Labor Day 2 months ago LABOR DAY: A national holiday marking the last day of the calendar year that Tom Wolfe (a man who lives in perpetual fear of the splashback) can dress in his trademark suit and not be considered gauche.
- Back to school book selections 2 months ago There’s some articles I’ve come across recently that state that there’s been 74 school shootings in the US over the last 18 months. With such depressing numbers I’m unsure whether this back to school display at my local Barnes & Noble is intended as darkly satricial or cynically practical.
- Seattle 3 months ago I’d like to claim that my perception of America is borne out of a lifetime’s close reading of the country’s literature and history, but the truth is that the America pottering about in my subconscious has been mostly formed by pop-culture guff (if that isn’t considered too harsh in these...
- O Canada, you are silly 3 months ago
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Culturally Discombobulated has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!