Latest Blog Posts »
- America Comprehended: Puppy Bowl 3 weeks ago PUPPY BOWL: White America’s Saturnalia and a cultural anthropologist’s wet dream
- America Comprehended: Super Bowl 3 weeks ago SUPER BOWL: White America’s Saturnalia and a cultural anthropologist’s wet dream.
- American Notes: A Man Called EW 3 weeks ago I met a man called EW. He helped take my bags to my hotel room. I assumed, at first, that his name-tag showed his initials, but no, EW was his full name; it initialized nothing, though the name EW is pronounced E.W. and not, unfortunately, Ewwwww which I would have taken great pleasure in saying....
- Christmas fair as unconvincing simulacrum of Dickensian London 2 months ago The Wapping that Kerwin Matthews’ Lemuel Gulliver sails from in The Three Worlds of Gulliver is notable for a cloudless, cobalt blue sky that only the laziest or desperate of Hollywood producers would try and pass off as East London. I was thinking of that film and its perfunctory attempt at...
- Political Coloring 3 months ago America’s inability to align their political coloring with established global conventions often causes me problems. For example, today I can’t decide whether “REDSTEVE” (a nom de license plate I just spotted) is a dyed-in-the-wool Republican or a committed communist.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Culturally Discombobulated has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!