Latest Blog Posts »
- The Ministry of Fear 2 weeks ago As you exit security at Maui airport, when you should be recombobulating yourself and putting back on belts and shoes as well as wondering just how deliciously supple your ass looked on the full body scanner, you are greeted with a wall of photographs depicting amongst other terrorist imagery the...
- America Comprehended: Puppy Bowl 2 months ago PUPPY BOWL: White America’s Saturnalia and a cultural anthropologist’s wet dream
- America Comprehended: Super Bowl 2 months ago SUPER BOWL: White America’s Saturnalia and a cultural anthropologist’s wet dream.
- American Notes: A Man Called EW 1 month ago I met a man called EW. He helped take my bags to my hotel room. I assumed, at first, that his name-tag showed his initials, but no, EW was his full name; it initialized nothing, though the name EW is pronounced E.W. and not, unfortunately, Ewwwww which I would have taken great pleasure in saying....
- Christmas fair as unconvincing simulacrum of Dickensian London 3 months ago The Wapping that Kerwin Matthews’ Lemuel Gulliver sails from in The Three Worlds of Gulliver is notable for a cloudless, cobalt blue sky that only the laziest or desperate of Hollywood producers would try and pass off as East London. I was thinking of that film and its perfunctory attempt at...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Culturally Discombobulated has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!