Latest Blog Posts »
- Christmas fair as unconvincing simulacrum of Dickensian London 1 week ago The Wapping that Kerwin Matthews’ Lemuel Gulliver sails from in The Three Worlds of Gulliver is notable for a cloudless, cobalt blue sky that only the laziest or desperate of Hollywood producers would try and pass off as East London. I was thinking of that film and its perfunctory attempt at...
- Political Coloring 1 week ago America’s inability to align their political coloring with established global conventions often causes me problems. For example, today I can’t decide whether “REDSTEVE” (a nom de license plate I just spotted) is a dyed-in-the-wool Republican or a committed communist.
- America Comprehended: Thanksgiving 3 weeks ago THANKSGIVING: A loggerhead sea turtle will diligently traverse thousands upon thousands of miles of ocean in order to return to her natal beach to lay her eggs. Likewise, a bluefin tuna will cross the full length of the Atlantic to ensure she spawns her fishy brood in her natal region. And yet...
- Loren ipsum pro patria mori 2 months ago Like a BNP tweet, I am a day late in posting something about Remembrance Day. As what passes here for the biting cold begins, I found myself rummaging through the coat closet over the weekend for something seasonally appropriate to wear. Hanging in there are all our winter overcoats. They’re are...
- Hallo-bloody-ween 2 months ago I hate Halloween. Greedy little bastards in shitty costumes demanding their candy fix or else something nasty might just happen. At heart, it’s a ridiculously low stakes protection racket.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Culturally Discombobulated has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!