Views From My Hammock
Latest Blog Posts »
- UGH. 17 hours ago Can you see what it says – 98 degrees, RealFeel 111!! Which would explain why it’s 9 am and everyone is already in a disgustingly bad mood. It’s gonna be a hot one…
- Flash Flood 2 months ago I have been trying to be a consistent exerciser, which means when I get home from work I lace up my shoes and go for a run. Depending on my ambition level, I have a short route and a long route that I lap a few times before happily passing out under the shower. Last [...]
- "Lenguas" (Languages...or tongues?) 2 months ago At the end of class the other day, my intermediate students (nosy as they are) asked me what I studied in college. I told them, “Spanish and English.” They replied, “Teacher, but how can you study English if you already speak English?” I said (in Spanish), “Estudi
- "El calor está bueno..." 1 month ago This morning I went to pick up my renewed visa (after almost TWO MONTHS – thank you, ever efficient Mexican government). It was seriously roasting outside, so on the way back to work I decided to take the (somewhat more efficient)
- New semester, new class dunces 2 months ago We’re about three weeks into a new semester. I have a heavier load this semester, but the classes are a bit smaller. I am teaching one section of beginners, two sections of intermediate learners, and one section of advanced students. The intermediate kids had their first quiz this week...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Views From My Hammock has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!