Views From My Hammock
Latest Blog Posts »
- Variations on a Theme 10 months ago Occasionally I get too lazy to wash my laundry by hand. This has happened more and more frequently as the weather has gotten hotter and hotter. Not to mention we are now in the throes of wet season…which (surprise, this is NOT a misnomer!) is very wet. Thus, I have gotten to know the laundry […]
- Vela time! 11 months ago This past weekend I went to a traditional ‘vela’ in the middle of Tehuantepec. The word ‘vela’ comes from the Spanish ‘to watch over’ or ‘to stay up’ – a rather appropriate name, considering this party started at 10 pm Saturday and ended around 6 am Sunday morning. The party was...
- UGH. 11 months ago Can you see what it says – 98 degrees, RealFeel 111!! Which would explain why it’s 9 am and everyone is already in a disgustingly bad mood. It’s gonna be a hot one…
- Flash Flood 11 months ago I have been trying to be a consistent exerciser, which means when I get home from work I lace up my shoes and go for a run. Depending on my ambition level, I have a short route and a long route that I lap a few times before happily passing out under the shower. Last […]
- "Lenguas" (Languages...or tongues?) 11 months ago At the end of class the other day, my intermediate students (nosy as they are) asked me what I studied in college. I told them, “Spanish and English.” They replied, “Teacher, but how can you study English if you already speak English?” I said (in Spanish), “Estudié lenguas.” [I studied...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Views From My Hammock has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!