Donuts to Dumplings
Latest Blog Posts »
- Guangxi: Longji Rice Terraces 1 day ago In April, two of my college besties, The Blondes, came to visit. Within 24 hours of landing in Shanghai, we had boarded a plane and jetted off to Guilin, in the southern province of Guangxi.
- Zhujiajiao 3 days ago When my friend K was visiting in March, we
- DIY Chair 1 week ago Do it yourself tutorials are all the rage these days. I constantly see headlines and blog titles that apparently will tell me how to make a pillow out of my favorite
- Napping 4.0 1 week ago Napping was one of my favorite things to do in college. I would sit in class, counting down the minutes until I could go home and snuggle under my plush comforter. In Shanghai, I inevitably
- Panda Loving 2 weeks ago While visiting the Panda
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in China!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on Donuts to Dumplings
01:37 AM November 02, 2012
Your adventures make me want to go to China. Love your unabashedly American take on another culture!
02:25 AM November 02, 2012
I love catching up weekly on Donuts to Dumplings' hilarious adventures. She has a true gift of being able to paint a vivid picture of her experience for the readers, but still tells it in a concise way to not bore her audience.
05:45 AM November 22, 2012
I love this blog! Makes me wish I lived in Shanghai!
15:45 PM November 22, 2012
Donuts to Dumplings encapsulates what I imagine the true expat experience to be like. She explains the cultural differences with a perfect mix of both humor and reverence. Reading the posts make me wish I was traveling and laughing alongside her.
16:50 PM November 22, 2012
Love this blog! I always look forward to the next adventure. Hopefully one day I can see some of these sites for myself.
23:35 PM November 22, 2012
Donuts to Dumplings makes me wish I were an expat! I really enjoy reading about their crazy experiences in Shanghai, and learning about how different everyday life is in another part of the world.
03:07 AM November 30, 2012
Kristin and Matthew have a beautiful blog. It's funny, compelling and full of stunning pictures. I believe what's best about it though is the true-to-life aspects of it. I feel their pain over pork floss. I see their joy at the reunion with Snowball. I understand their longing for things American while working to become citizens of Shanghai, too. It's beautiful and bittersweet. It makes me want to venture out and be a citizen of the world as well.
03:24 AM November 30, 2012
I love how she introduces the quirks of Shanghai culture. It would be easy to complain about questionable meat and bathroom facilities that would make most Americans hold it for a week. But her positive attitude and curiosity educates readers in a fascinating way.
13:15 PM December 26, 2012
Bravo Kristin! I love reading about your adventures!