Donuts to Dumplings
Latest Blog Posts »
- How to: Use Didi Dache 2 weeks ago Kristin December 2013: I hate taxi apps. They are ruining my life.Kristin September 2014: I looooove taxi apps. They are the best thing ever.Yes, that's right. I'm totally switched sides and am now addicted to using Didi Dache to get around Shanghai. I'd be hanging my head in shame if it weren't...
- Grasslands Extreme Marathon 3 weeks ago The first weekend in July, fresh off a trip to the US, we boarded a plane with some friends for the Grasslands Extreme Marathon in Xiwuqi, Inner Mongolia.Getting there was a bit of an adventure, so I'll save that for another post. But the half marathon itself? Well, that was also rough.I should...
- Shanghai Supper Club 4 weeks ago Last Saturday, Matthew and I were thrilled to be a part of August's Shanghai Supper Club.What exactly is SSC? You can think of it as an underground foodie group that meets monthly around the city, each time boasting a new location, chef, and group of people. Founder Camden Hague started the club...
- Hua Mulan Temple 3 months ago During my trip to Henan in April, our hosts were kind enough to arrange various activities at night for the volunteers. We ate massive meals, sang karaoke, and were even treated to a visit of the Mulan Temple. While interesting for most members of our group, I was ecstatic. You see, Mulan and I...
- Stepping Stones Rural Volunteering Tour 4 months ago I watched as one boy in my class debated over what to do. I had asked him to draw a picture of what he wanted to be when he grew up. All around him, the other students were busy copying pictures out of their textbooks. Police, teacher, farmer. His brow furrowed, his tongue slowly crept out from...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: China Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in China!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on Donuts to Dumplings
01:37 AM November 02, 2012
Your adventures make me want to go to China. Love your unabashedly American take on another culture!
02:25 AM November 02, 2012
I love catching up weekly on Donuts to Dumplings' hilarious adventures. She has a true gift of being able to paint a vivid picture of her experience for the readers, but still tells it in a concise way to not bore her audience.
05:45 AM November 22, 2012
I love this blog! Makes me wish I lived in Shanghai!
15:45 PM November 22, 2012
Donuts to Dumplings encapsulates what I imagine the true expat experience to be like. She explains the cultural differences with a perfect mix of both humor and reverence. Reading the posts make me wish I was traveling and laughing alongside her.
16:50 PM November 22, 2012
Love this blog! I always look forward to the next adventure. Hopefully one day I can see some of these sites for myself.
23:35 PM November 22, 2012
Donuts to Dumplings makes me wish I were an expat! I really enjoy reading about their crazy experiences in Shanghai, and learning about how different everyday life is in another part of the world.
03:07 AM November 30, 2012
Kristin and Matthew have a beautiful blog. It's funny, compelling and full of stunning pictures. I believe what's best about it though is the true-to-life aspects of it. I feel their pain over pork floss. I see their joy at the reunion with Snowball. I understand their longing for things American while working to become citizens of Shanghai, too. It's beautiful and bittersweet. It makes me want to venture out and be a citizen of the world as well.
03:24 AM November 30, 2012
I love how she introduces the quirks of Shanghai culture. It would be easy to complain about questionable meat and bathroom facilities that would make most Americans hold it for a week. But her positive attitude and curiosity educates readers in a fascinating way.
13:15 PM December 26, 2012
Bravo Kristin! I love reading about your adventures!