Donuts to Dumplings
Latest Blog Posts »
- Happy New Year 3 months ago Hey, remember me? I know it's been quiet around here for the past two months but I thought I would pop back in to wish you a happy New Year and recap the awesomeness that was 2014.JanuaryThe winter in Shanghai is chilly, making it perfect hot pot weather. But Shanghai apparently wasn't cold enough...
- A Love Letter 4 months ago Dear Shanghai,You and me, it was love at first sight. You offered me new opportunities, a new culture, a new country. I had never lived more than 4 hours from where I grew up and frankly, I was scared out of my mind. But you dazzled me from the moment I stepped off the plane. Your beautiful...
- Hiking Huangshan or How I Made Myself Sore For 5 Days 6 months ago When Matthew and I realized that our time left in China was limited, we began scheduling lots of weekend trips. One of those trips was to Yellow Mountain, or Huangshan.Before heading to Huangshan, I wrongly thought that Yellow Mountain was a single mountain. But in reality, Huangshan refers to an...
- 5 Excuses For Being A Bad Blogger 5 months ago I realize I'm been a bad blogger the last few months. When we first moved to China, I was posting 2-3 times a week. I'm lucky if I manage 2-3 posts a month lately. So why the decrease in content? Here are my totally valid but still lame excuses for why I've been absent.1) I got a job. I was...
- How to: Use Didi Dache 7 months ago Kristin December 2013: I hate taxi apps. They are ruining my life.Kristin September 2014: I looooove taxi apps. They are the best thing ever.Yes, that's right. I'm totally switched sides and am now addicted to using Didi Dache to get around Shanghai. I'd be hanging my head in shame if it weren't...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: China Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in China!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on Donuts to Dumplings
01:37 AM November 02, 2012
Your adventures make me want to go to China. Love your unabashedly American take on another culture!
02:25 AM November 02, 2012
I love catching up weekly on Donuts to Dumplings' hilarious adventures. She has a true gift of being able to paint a vivid picture of her experience for the readers, but still tells it in a concise way to not bore her audience.
05:45 AM November 22, 2012
I love this blog! Makes me wish I lived in Shanghai!
15:45 PM November 22, 2012
Donuts to Dumplings encapsulates what I imagine the true expat experience to be like. She explains the cultural differences with a perfect mix of both humor and reverence. Reading the posts make me wish I was traveling and laughing alongside her.
16:50 PM November 22, 2012
Love this blog! I always look forward to the next adventure. Hopefully one day I can see some of these sites for myself.
23:35 PM November 22, 2012
Donuts to Dumplings makes me wish I were an expat! I really enjoy reading about their crazy experiences in Shanghai, and learning about how different everyday life is in another part of the world.
03:07 AM November 30, 2012
Kristin and Matthew have a beautiful blog. It's funny, compelling and full of stunning pictures. I believe what's best about it though is the true-to-life aspects of it. I feel their pain over pork floss. I see their joy at the reunion with Snowball. I understand their longing for things American while working to become citizens of Shanghai, too. It's beautiful and bittersweet. It makes me want to venture out and be a citizen of the world as well.
03:24 AM November 30, 2012
I love how she introduces the quirks of Shanghai culture. It would be easy to complain about questionable meat and bathroom facilities that would make most Americans hold it for a week. But her positive attitude and curiosity educates readers in a fascinating way.
13:15 PM December 26, 2012
Bravo Kristin! I love reading about your adventures!