Donuts to Dumplings
Latest Blog Posts »
- My Strange Addiction 2 days ago I have a confession to make. I've been harboring a secret from all of you. Something that I have been too ashamed to share with you until now. My name is Kristin and I am an addict.What kind of addiction do I have? Well, that's the shameful part.It's to cat shirts.I've hinted at my little habit in...
- Shanghai Eats: Bellagio 1 week ago I'm just going to say it, the Taiwanese could teach Mainlanders a thing or two about sweets. One such example is in the delectable desserts offered at the Taiwanese restaurant chain, Bellagio.While I've come here numerous times for my main meal (I recommend the three cup chicken, sānbēijī), it's...
- Roofied in Cambodia 2 weeks ago As you are probably able to deduce from the title of this post, I was drugged in Siem Reap. But before you get too concerned for my well being, you should know that I know the person who did it.It was my husband. Ok, maybe that doesn't make you feel any better. How about if I told you it was an...
- How to: Watch Foreign TV in China 2 weeks ago I enjoy watching TV. Probably a little too much. The hours (and brain cells) I lost while watching The Real Housewives series will never come back. Which is why I was worried about how I would be able to watch my favorite TV shows from abroad. So what are your options if you want to watch...
- In my DNA 4 weeks ago I come from a family of travelers. My grandparents have circled the globe. I have an uncle who completed his graduate work in London and a cousin who worked on a baboon refuge in Africa. But I thought for sure I was the first of my family to live in Asia.Wrong.A few months after moving here, my...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: China Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in China!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on Donuts to Dumplings
01:37 AM November 02, 2012
Your adventures make me want to go to China. Love your unabashedly American take on another culture!
02:25 AM November 02, 2012
I love catching up weekly on Donuts to Dumplings' hilarious adventures. She has a true gift of being able to paint a vivid picture of her experience for the readers, but still tells it in a concise way to not bore her audience.
05:45 AM November 22, 2012
I love this blog! Makes me wish I lived in Shanghai!
15:45 PM November 22, 2012
Donuts to Dumplings encapsulates what I imagine the true expat experience to be like. She explains the cultural differences with a perfect mix of both humor and reverence. Reading the posts make me wish I was traveling and laughing alongside her.
16:50 PM November 22, 2012
Love this blog! I always look forward to the next adventure. Hopefully one day I can see some of these sites for myself.
23:35 PM November 22, 2012
Donuts to Dumplings makes me wish I were an expat! I really enjoy reading about their crazy experiences in Shanghai, and learning about how different everyday life is in another part of the world.
03:07 AM November 30, 2012
Kristin and Matthew have a beautiful blog. It's funny, compelling and full of stunning pictures. I believe what's best about it though is the true-to-life aspects of it. I feel their pain over pork floss. I see their joy at the reunion with Snowball. I understand their longing for things American while working to become citizens of Shanghai, too. It's beautiful and bittersweet. It makes me want to venture out and be a citizen of the world as well.
03:24 AM November 30, 2012
I love how she introduces the quirks of Shanghai culture. It would be easy to complain about questionable meat and bathroom facilities that would make most Americans hold it for a week. But her positive attitude and curiosity educates readers in a fascinating way.
13:15 PM December 26, 2012
Bravo Kristin! I love reading about your adventures!