Andrew Downie's Brazil Blog
Latest Blog Posts »
- Cup's Success Down To Reduced Expectations 2 weeks ago If you invite people to a party and tell them there will be champagne, caviar, limousines to take them there and back, and a pool in which to frolic, you can’t celebrate how great the party was if you make them take the bus and then offer them warm Coke and a bag of crisps. […]
- We Lose, Therefore We Are 3 weeks ago More than a day later and the overpowering sense is still one of disbelief. Marcelo and Maicon looked lost on the flanks, David Luiz’s inability to concentrate was so bad it was almost laughable, Dante was a boy against men, and midfielder Fernandinho, the worst of the lot, put in one of the...
- An Ode To David Luiz 3 weeks ago This is an ode to David Luiz. I’ve interviewed a few footballers in my time and even the polite ones can’t hide the fact that they’d rather be somewhere else. Sometimes, when they’re faced with a scrum of reporters asking stupid questions and quite literally fighting for every inch of...
- My World Cup Memories, Part 6 (1994) 2 months ago The 1994 World Cup was strange for many reasons. It was the first without Scotland for 20 years. (Seems strange nowadays, but true back then.) And I was living in Haiti. (Which was strange. Period.) Living in Haiti was always exciting but it was never easy. Normally we got about eight hours of...
- My World Cup Memories, Part 5 (1990) 2 months ago In May 1990 I gave up my job to travel around the world. But before I even started, I put on my kilt, strapped on my backpack, bought a Eurorail ticket and went to the World Cup. I spent three weeks traveling about Italy, watching games, eating and drinking well, and meeting people from all […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Andrew Downie's Brazil Blog has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!