Two Americans in China
Latest Blog Posts »
- Finally, A Full Interview With Tang Hui 4 days ago Interviewing Tang Hui is something I have been wanting to do for months but my translator isn't around right now. So I'm glad somebody at AFP finally saw the value in interviewing Tang Hui and getting her story out there. I've been writing about her for months, trying to get more attention on her....
- Changsha - An International Tourist Destination? 6 days ago A cool statue on Changsha's Buxing JieChangsha's government is hoping to see Changsha as an international vacation destination by 2020. The local officials here feel this lofty goal is reasonable after it hit 1,000,000 tourists in 2013 (whether that is so far or a projection for the year is...
- It's Really Happening! World's Tallest Building Given Safety Clearance 1 week ago I've been talking about Changsha being home to the world's tallest building since last June. Originally the building was supposed to have been finished in January of this year. Then April. Then it was just plain stalled because Broad Corp (the construction company) was unable to procure the safety...
- In Honor of Mother's Day - How I Learned to Love My Daughter's Mother 1 week ago I did something different with my book review this week. I decided to write about Xinran's Message from an Unknown Chinese Mother: Stories of Loss and Love, but instead of a typical review, I talked about how this book touched me personally. You can read my article "How I Learned to Love My...
- Ugly Foreigners Hits Home: The Changsha Griefer 2 weeks ago I actually first heard about this guy a few month ago, but it came across as an isolated incident and everyone seemed to think he would just move on so I pretty much ignored it. What happened was a tall, blond Westerner was caught asking people for money. He even had the gall to ask for money from...
Contest Entries »
- Ten Things to Bring With You for Cooking in China Writing Contest March 2013 Food is cultural. When living in a new country it is great to experience their culture through their food. But what about your own culture’s food? Don’t be so quick to abandon it for something new. In America, we have an abundance of foods from...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in China!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Two Americans in China
05:19 AM November 06, 2012
I've been an avid reader of "Two Americans in China" almost as long as I've been in China itself. Amanda covers everything from breaking news to events in Changsha to book reviews, calling out "ugly foreigners," and more. It's a really interesting and informative read every time!
10:39 AM November 15, 2012
Absolutely top notch. Have been reading it ever since she started it. Informative and entertaining. Ugly forigners is entertaining, while at the same time disturbing. Never thought that visitors (americans and others)could act in such a wierd way in a foreign country. Hopefully, more will read it and learn to watch their behavior when visiting a foreign country.
18:34 PM November 27, 2012
Im so excited for amanda she is an amazing person and her doing this is a dream you go girl luv u
23:27 PM December 20, 2012
I find Amandas' blog interesting and I admire her for following her dreams. I do have to say that there are ugly foreigners in all countries. I do not believe the Chinese are the only ones who have this experience, but she is correct in pointing out such things. There are good and bad people of every nationality and they will be good or bad wherever they may travel or live. Other than that, I am always interested in the first hand experiences of those who travel or live abroad, and I was lucky enough to "find" her blog and wish her luck!!!