Two Americans in China
Latest Blog Posts »
- Link Round-Up, December 20th, 2013 9 hours ago I'm not sure why I got out of the habit of doing these. I have taken on more teaching jobs and need to focus on my creative writing, though, so I haven't been posting to the blog as much as I should. So I will start posting weekly links more regularly again so you will still have plenty of China...
- It's Not OK To Let Your Kid Poop in Public 1 week ago Child defecating in Changsha statues with help from his fatherI've been wanting to write about this for a while, but didn't come across the right opportunity until now. I received a notice overnight about a child caught pooping in one of the bronze bowls on Changsha's Walking Street with help from...
- Today in Whaaaa? News - China Announces Multiple Reforms 2 months ago I had to do a double-take when I saw the headline "China to relax one-child policy" since there wasn't much hint that any changes were coming anytime soon. However, the sensational headlines are just a bid to grab readers; the "relaxing" the trending headlines speak of is really just a pittance...
- Beijing College Students Advertise The Vagina Monologues With Their Vaginas 2 months ago What the Vagina say? According to female students from Beijing Foreign Studies University, many things. To promote their upcoming performance of The Vagina Monologues (which EVERYONE should see!), the girls took pictures of themselves holding signs with phrases like "my vagina says: I can be...
- Female Students in China Penalized for Having Breasts 3 months ago At a technical school in Zhongshan, Guangdong, China, administrators have begun inspecting female student’s bras and penalizing them if the bras are any color other than flesh-toned. Any errant student could have anywhere from 2-4 points deducted from her final grade. In a culture where students...
Contest Entries »
- Ten Things to Bring With You for Cooking in China Writing Contest March 2013 Food is cultural. When living in a new country it is great to experience their culture through their food. But what about your own culture’s food? Don’t be so quick to abandon it for something new. In America, we have an abundance of foods from...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: China Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in China!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 4 reviews on Two Americans in China
05:19 AM November 06, 2012
I've been an avid reader of "Two Americans in China" almost as long as I've been in China itself. Amanda covers everything from breaking news to events in Changsha to book reviews, calling out "ugly foreigners," and more. It's a really interesting and informative read every time!
10:39 AM November 15, 2012
Absolutely top notch. Have been reading it ever since she started it. Informative and entertaining. Ugly forigners is entertaining, while at the same time disturbing. Never thought that visitors (americans and others)could act in such a wierd way in a foreign country. Hopefully, more will read it and learn to watch their behavior when visiting a foreign country.
18:34 PM November 27, 2012
Im so excited for amanda she is an amazing person and her doing this is a dream you go girl luv u
23:27 PM December 20, 2012
I find Amandas' blog interesting and I admire her for following her dreams. I do have to say that there are ugly foreigners in all countries. I do not believe the Chinese are the only ones who have this experience, but she is correct in pointing out such things. There are good and bad people of every nationality and they will be good or bad wherever they may travel or live. Other than that, I am always interested in the first hand experiences of those who travel or live abroad, and I was lucky enough to "find" her blog and wish her luck!!!