Bringing Up Brits
Latest Blog Posts »
- English Summers 2 weeks ago As I write this post, the view from my window is very grim indeed. Drizzly rain, dark skies, cool winds. Welcome to summer in England! We have had a good stretch of nice sunny weather which has been great. But the thing about July and August in England is that the weather is incredibly...
- The Fenn/Walker reunion 2 weeks ago So great to see my co-author Heidi Walker and her family who were visiting the UK on holiday. I’ve known Heidi since college, we graduated together from Randolph-Macon Woman’s College (now Randolph-College) in 1994 but it wasn’t until we wrote our book together in 2013 that I realized just...
- One of my favorite places 3 weeks ago One of the great joys of living in England is the setting. Just down the road from us, there is this beautiful little town complete with medieval castle, winding river, historical ruins, museum, riverside walks, ducks and swans. It has something for everyone – playground, walks, shops, cafes, ice...
- Happy 4th of July 3 weeks ago Wishing all Americans near and far a very Happy 4th of July! We are celebrating in Arundel, a beautiful castle town in West Sussex, at The Loft in Sparks Yard where they are putting on an all American weekend. It’s burgers and beer (A&W for the kids), fries and milkshakes. This time last year, my...
- Top Tips on Getting Stuff Done 1 month ago People sometimes ask me “how do you do it?” Meaning, how do I manage to run a design business full-time with three children, blog regularly, keep on top of emails, keep up with social media, manage a household as the main child carer, sell books, and organize fundraising events? Well I thought...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Differences Between Parenting in America vs. Parenting in Britain Expat Blog Awards 2013 Written from the point of view of an American mother raising British born children in England1. Children’s birthday parties: In Britain, don’t make your children open their presents in front of their friends at the party. Don’t serve the cake...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: England Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in England!Copy and paste code to display the England Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Bringing Up Brits
16:31 PM November 09, 2012
I love Meghan's Bringing Up Brits Blog, always relevant, honest and thought provoking posts! Meghan got the conversation going on the topic of raising your children in a country that is not your own, this topic is relevant wherever you are doing this which is why her blog is so impactful. Meghan has created a community through her book and blog and that makes a lot of people feel more at home in their adopted country, the UK.
16:10 PM November 13, 2012
I love reading Meg's blog! It is witty, funny and it makes me feel far less isolated living in England. Her blog is very relevant to me even though I do not raise my kids in England, I get great comfort from the feeling I am not alone out there. She has really built a name for herself as an expert with her blog, book and TV guest appearances! You really deserve to win Meg - good luck!
19:09 PM November 16, 2012
I love the discussion about raising your kids in a different country than the one you were born in yourself. I'm a Brit in the Netherlands essentially raising Dutch kids and Meghan's blog about raising her kids as an American in Britain is eye opening and entertaining. Great insights into parenting in a foreign country.
14:57 PM November 19, 2012
Great writing by Meg and a great and am sure, very well needed, blog. For those who move to the UK, this must be a really helpful and supportive read. Likewise, for those who are born and bred in the UK, it most certainly creates a whole new perspective around the difficulties people face when moving here. Great stuff.
17:23 PM November 19, 2012
This blog is really well-written and always interesting. I am not an expat but I enjoy reading about life in this country from another perspective.