Bringing Up Brits
Latest Blog Posts »
- School uniform - a life saver or a no no? 1 day ago Here in England, most State schools require pupils to where a uniform or at least a ‘jumper’ with the school’s logo or emblem. The standard school uniform for first and middle schools normally consists of black or grey trousers (I usually forget and call them pants) or skirts, a white polo...
- A little show called 'Friends' 1 week ago Many British people have told me how much they loathe ‘Friends’ one of the most successful television shows ever because it’s either too loud, too stupid, too American, not funny enough or the actors are just annoying. Thankfully, my British husband is not amongst those who don’t like it...
- Happy Mother's Day to American Moms 2 weeks ago I’m not a Mom, I’m a Mum. But I am from America and my own mother is a Mom. So happy Mother’s Day to my Mom and to all Moms today whether you are in the States or elsewhere! Have a wonderful day! I’ve already celebrated Mother’s Day here in England back in March, although […] The post...
- UK election 2015, an American parent's view 2 weeks ago My Bringing Up Brits blog has never been political nor do I wish it to be, but how can one escape a national election? And as someone who is raising children in the UK, why wouldn’t I be interested? It has been exceptionally captivating with a disappointing outcome. My British husband stayed up...
- Daughter swap 3 weeks ago I had a great conversation a few days ago with Jenny Rutterford a British mum who spent several years in Miami, Florida. We were talking about our daughters who are of a similar age; however, her daughter’s first school experience was in the US and my daughter’s of course was here in the UK....
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Differences Between Parenting in America vs. Parenting in Britain Expat Blog Awards 2013 Written from the point of view of an American mother raising British born children in England1. Children’s birthday parties: In Britain, don’t make your children open their presents in front of their friends at the party. Don’t serve the cake...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: England Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in England!Copy and paste code to display the England Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Bringing Up Brits
16:31 PM November 09, 2012
I love Meghan's Bringing Up Brits Blog, always relevant, honest and thought provoking posts! Meghan got the conversation going on the topic of raising your children in a country that is not your own, this topic is relevant wherever you are doing this which is why her blog is so impactful. Meghan has created a community through her book and blog and that makes a lot of people feel more at home in their adopted country, the UK.
16:10 PM November 13, 2012
I love reading Meg's blog! It is witty, funny and it makes me feel far less isolated living in England. Her blog is very relevant to me even though I do not raise my kids in England, I get great comfort from the feeling I am not alone out there. She has really built a name for herself as an expert with her blog, book and TV guest appearances! You really deserve to win Meg - good luck!
19:09 PM November 16, 2012
I love the discussion about raising your kids in a different country than the one you were born in yourself. I'm a Brit in the Netherlands essentially raising Dutch kids and Meghan's blog about raising her kids as an American in Britain is eye opening and entertaining. Great insights into parenting in a foreign country.
14:57 PM November 19, 2012
Great writing by Meg and a great and am sure, very well needed, blog. For those who move to the UK, this must be a really helpful and supportive read. Likewise, for those who are born and bred in the UK, it most certainly creates a whole new perspective around the difficulties people face when moving here. Great stuff.
17:23 PM November 19, 2012
This blog is really well-written and always interesting. I am not an expat but I enjoy reading about life in this country from another perspective.