Bringing Up Brits
Latest Blog Posts »
- Mince pies - our tradition, always a reminder 3 weeks ago I have now been living my life and raising my family in England for 18 years; that’s nearly half my life. There are far too many mixed feelings that I could talk about, why I have them and why they will probably never fade. This is one reason I started this blog. A place where […] The post...
- An American in Helsinki 3 months ago For my 45th birthday, my husband whisked me off to Gatwick, sans enfants, walked me blindfolded (not literally) through to the gate where, to my delight, I saw we were about to board a plane set for Helsinki, Finland. Amazing! What a fabulous birthday surprise. I never would have thought I’d...
- An odd feeling this Thanksgiving 4 months ago Happy Thanksgiving everyone from over here in the UK! I can’t help but feel that this year there is an odd feeling surrounding Thanksgiving with a lot of people struggling to find something to give thanks for. It’s been one hell of a year, that’s for sure. I’m thankful for the following: My...
- Halloween in the UK 4 months ago Well, my work is done. You are welcome. Tee hee. Halloween is an established holiday (not an actual holiday) now in the UK and I’m thrilled to report that more people than ever are taking part in Halloween celebrations across the country! Over 10 years ago, I introduced Halloween and...
- Mum Hacks 6 months ago Book review: Mum Hacks – Time-saving tips to calm the chaos of family life by Tanith Carey Best bits Covers all age ranges from babies to young teens Covers cooking to parenting to taking care of yourself, jam packed with time saving tips! Excellent swapping ideas for toys for younger children...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Differences Between Parenting in America vs. Parenting in Britain Expat Blog Awards 2013 Written from the point of view of an American mother raising British born children in England1. Children’s birthday parties: In Britain, don’t make your children open their presents in front of their friends at the party. Don’t serve the cake...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: England Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in England!Copy and paste code to display the England Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Bringing Up Brits
16:31 PM November 09, 2012
I love Meghan's Bringing Up Brits Blog, always relevant, honest and thought provoking posts! Meghan got the conversation going on the topic of raising your children in a country that is not your own, this topic is relevant wherever you are doing this which is why her blog is so impactful. Meghan has created a community through her book and blog and that makes a lot of people feel more at home in their adopted country, the UK.
16:10 PM November 13, 2012
I love reading Meg's blog! It is witty, funny and it makes me feel far less isolated living in England. Her blog is very relevant to me even though I do not raise my kids in England, I get great comfort from the feeling I am not alone out there. She has really built a name for herself as an expert with her blog, book and TV guest appearances! You really deserve to win Meg - good luck!
19:09 PM November 16, 2012
I love the discussion about raising your kids in a different country than the one you were born in yourself. I'm a Brit in the Netherlands essentially raising Dutch kids and Meghan's blog about raising her kids as an American in Britain is eye opening and entertaining. Great insights into parenting in a foreign country.
14:57 PM November 19, 2012
Great writing by Meg and a great and am sure, very well needed, blog. For those who move to the UK, this must be a really helpful and supportive read. Likewise, for those who are born and bred in the UK, it most certainly creates a whole new perspective around the difficulties people face when moving here. Great stuff.
17:23 PM November 19, 2012
This blog is really well-written and always interesting. I am not an expat but I enjoy reading about life in this country from another perspective.