Bringing Up Brits
Latest Blog Posts »
- Yo-gurt or Yog-urt? 1 day ago Had a very enjoyable and, at times, hilarious dinner last night with a wonderful American mummy blogger and expat from California. I was on my way back down south after a day in London for work and thought it would be a great opportunity to meet Elfa of Californian Mum In London in person. We’d...
- What I've learned about living in Britain from Downton Abbey 3 weeks ago As we say farewell to Downton Abbey for forever (one small indirect spoiler for USA readership – Do not read further!), I reflect on all that it has taught me as a non British person living in Britain. I’ve laughed, cried, guffawed and cheered with the Crawley family and their jolly servants...
- Christmas 2015 in pictures 3 months ago As we bring in the new year, I’m so thankful for my husband, my children and my family. Globally, 2015 has been a year of tragedy and terror for so many. Let’s hope 2016 brings rest and hope to those who need it most. Here’s our Christmas in pictures. Happy New Year everyone! ...
- Cross-cultural kids 3 months ago We spent Thanksgiving with about 40 American expats who are living in East Sussex, only one of them I had actually met before. I was near to tears at how welcoming and friendly they all were. People were saying similar things about their experience living in England and suddenly I felt like all my...
- Thanksgiving in the UK with Americans 4 months ago What a special day, hope everyone is having a wonderful time and has lots to be thankful for. We are breaking tradition and having an American Thanksgiving dinner with American expats in Brighton and Hove. So, a VERY special celebration this year! Plus, it’s my birthday today And… Happy...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Differences Between Parenting in America vs. Parenting in Britain Expat Blog Awards 2013 Written from the point of view of an American mother raising British born children in England1. Children’s birthday parties: In Britain, don’t make your children open their presents in front of their friends at the party. Don’t serve the cake...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: England Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in England!Copy and paste code to display the England Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Bringing Up Brits
16:31 PM November 09, 2012
I love Meghan's Bringing Up Brits Blog, always relevant, honest and thought provoking posts! Meghan got the conversation going on the topic of raising your children in a country that is not your own, this topic is relevant wherever you are doing this which is why her blog is so impactful. Meghan has created a community through her book and blog and that makes a lot of people feel more at home in their adopted country, the UK.
16:10 PM November 13, 2012
I love reading Meg's blog! It is witty, funny and it makes me feel far less isolated living in England. Her blog is very relevant to me even though I do not raise my kids in England, I get great comfort from the feeling I am not alone out there. She has really built a name for herself as an expert with her blog, book and TV guest appearances! You really deserve to win Meg - good luck!
19:09 PM November 16, 2012
I love the discussion about raising your kids in a different country than the one you were born in yourself. I'm a Brit in the Netherlands essentially raising Dutch kids and Meghan's blog about raising her kids as an American in Britain is eye opening and entertaining. Great insights into parenting in a foreign country.
14:57 PM November 19, 2012
Great writing by Meg and a great and am sure, very well needed, blog. For those who move to the UK, this must be a really helpful and supportive read. Likewise, for those who are born and bred in the UK, it most certainly creates a whole new perspective around the difficulties people face when moving here. Great stuff.
17:23 PM November 19, 2012
This blog is really well-written and always interesting. I am not an expat but I enjoy reading about life in this country from another perspective.