Bringing Up Brits
Latest Blog Posts »
- Winner of Expat Star Awards 2014 2 days ago It’s been a reasonably uneventful summer so far (apart from our trip to Spain which was wonderful and friends visiting the UK from America!) until yesterday when I was notified that Bringing Up Brits had won an Expat Star Award. So excited!! I’m right up there with the Gold, Silver and Bronze...
- A little tea break 1 month ago As we approach our annual family holiday, now seems like a good time to break for tea (so say the English) and to regroup (so say the Americans). I will be sure to post if anything significant happens with my bid to become a British citizen or if I come across a guest post that […]The post A...
- Thank You Teacher 1 month ago It’s that time of year when school children break up for summer and say farewell to their teachers. It’s a sad and happy time – sad to say goodbye and happy to be on holiday. Teachers can make or break our children’s school experience and they play a vital role in our children’s every day...
- Silent Sunday 1 month ago The post Silent Sunday appeared first on Bringing Up Brits.
- Happy 4th of July 2014 1 month ago Wishing everyone a very happy 4th of July today! If you live in the USA, then I’m sure you’re gonna have a great day. If you’re living outside the USA, I hope you get to celebrate in some way – even if just a little bit. Today is the 3rd anniversary of the publication of […]The post Happy...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Differences Between Parenting in America vs. Parenting in Britain Expat Blog Awards 2013 Written from the point of view of an American mother raising British born children in England1. Children’s birthday parties: In Britain, don’t make your children open their presents in front of their friends at the party. Don’t serve the cake...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: England Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in England!Copy and paste code to display the England Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Bringing Up Brits
16:31 PM November 09, 2012
I love Meghan's Bringing Up Brits Blog, always relevant, honest and thought provoking posts! Meghan got the conversation going on the topic of raising your children in a country that is not your own, this topic is relevant wherever you are doing this which is why her blog is so impactful. Meghan has created a community through her book and blog and that makes a lot of people feel more at home in their adopted country, the UK.
16:10 PM November 13, 2012
I love reading Meg's blog! It is witty, funny and it makes me feel far less isolated living in England. Her blog is very relevant to me even though I do not raise my kids in England, I get great comfort from the feeling I am not alone out there. She has really built a name for herself as an expert with her blog, book and TV guest appearances! You really deserve to win Meg - good luck!
19:09 PM November 16, 2012
I love the discussion about raising your kids in a different country than the one you were born in yourself. I'm a Brit in the Netherlands essentially raising Dutch kids and Meghan's blog about raising her kids as an American in Britain is eye opening and entertaining. Great insights into parenting in a foreign country.
14:57 PM November 19, 2012
Great writing by Meg and a great and am sure, very well needed, blog. For those who move to the UK, this must be a really helpful and supportive read. Likewise, for those who are born and bred in the UK, it most certainly creates a whole new perspective around the difficulties people face when moving here. Great stuff.
17:23 PM November 19, 2012
This blog is really well-written and always interesting. I am not an expat but I enjoy reading about life in this country from another perspective.