Bringing Up Brits
Latest Blog Posts »
- Memories of spring time in Tokyo 2 days ago I’m a Google+ user and with all the recent photos of cherry blossoms in Japan, my thoughts turn to the two and a half years I spent in Tokyo, living and working as an English teacher. Oh how they loved their cherry blossoms, they were so proud of them. We went on many ‘Hanami’ picnics...
- Silent Sunday 3 days ago The post Silent Sunday appeared first on Bringing Up Brits.
- Does 'Britishness' affect you? 5 days ago I follow a coaching/business/life blog by Claire Bradford of Straightforward coaching (she always writes interesting and thought provoking stuff!!) and the other day she wrote a post that made me sit up straight and say YES YES!! Claire wrote about how British culture influences our attitudes...
- Hope Academy for Girls in Sierra Leone 1 week ago Just got these fabulous photos from the Hope Academy for Girls in Sierra Leone London charity dinner that I attended a few weeks ago. It was a wonderful evening and although I had to leave before the dancing started to catch my train home, I had a fun time and met some incredible people. Hope...
- Easter Holidays in the UK 1 week ago My kids think Easter in America is amazing. They experienced it two years ago in Florida with their American grandparents, one of their American Aunts and one of their American Uncles. The weather was hot, the food was amazing and the Easter eggs and candy were never ending. It was an amazing time...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Differences Between Parenting in America vs. Parenting in Britain Expat Blog Awards 2013 Written from the point of view of an American mother raising British born children in England1. Children’s birthday parties: In Britain, don’t make your children open their presents in front of their friends at the party. Don’t serve the cake...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: England Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in England!Copy and paste code to display the England Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Bringing Up Brits
16:31 PM November 09, 2012
I love Meghan's Bringing Up Brits Blog, always relevant, honest and thought provoking posts! Meghan got the conversation going on the topic of raising your children in a country that is not your own, this topic is relevant wherever you are doing this which is why her blog is so impactful. Meghan has created a community through her book and blog and that makes a lot of people feel more at home in their adopted country, the UK.
16:10 PM November 13, 2012
I love reading Meg's blog! It is witty, funny and it makes me feel far less isolated living in England. Her blog is very relevant to me even though I do not raise my kids in England, I get great comfort from the feeling I am not alone out there. She has really built a name for herself as an expert with her blog, book and TV guest appearances! You really deserve to win Meg - good luck!
19:09 PM November 16, 2012
I love the discussion about raising your kids in a different country than the one you were born in yourself. I'm a Brit in the Netherlands essentially raising Dutch kids and Meghan's blog about raising her kids as an American in Britain is eye opening and entertaining. Great insights into parenting in a foreign country.
14:57 PM November 19, 2012
Great writing by Meg and a great and am sure, very well needed, blog. For those who move to the UK, this must be a really helpful and supportive read. Likewise, for those who are born and bred in the UK, it most certainly creates a whole new perspective around the difficulties people face when moving here. Great stuff.
17:23 PM November 19, 2012
This blog is really well-written and always interesting. I am not an expat but I enjoy reading about life in this country from another perspective.