Bringing Up Brits
Latest Blog Posts »
- Grandir avec trois nationalités 2 months ago Je ne suis pas Anglais, mais Français. Je n’ai pas célébré la bataille d’Azincourt, mais la victoire d’Orléans. J’étais bien meilleur en Allemand qu’en Anglais à l’école. Je suis derrière l’Irlande, l’Ecosse, les Gallois et même l’Italie dans le tournoi des six nations,...
- How about living with three nationalities? 2 months ago I am not English, but French. I do not celebrate the Battle of Agincourt, but the victory of Orleans. At school, I was good at German, not at English. I support Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Italy as long as England does not win the Six Nations Championship. Yet I am bound to my best enemy […] The...
- Racism for us happened long before Brexit 2 months ago So this happened during transfer day. In my girl’s form group at high school the new kids did a bingo game that consisted of answering questions/inputting info and to answer those questions/find the info they had to find stuff or ask the current high schoolers questions. One of the tasks was to...
- Festival season and 4th of July in the UK 2 months ago Happy 4th of July! Wishing everyone in the USA a fun and safe celebration and all expats who are living elsewhere, hope you’re able to celebrate too! In the UK, it’s music festival season and we’ve just spent the weekend funking it up at the Love Supreme music festival at Glynde, Sussex....
- How to learn about the history of an English Castle? Horrible Histories! 3 months ago What’s the best way to learn about the history of an English castle when you have children? Why, Horrible Histories of course! Some of the best family days out are those spur of the moment, grab that opportunity and run with it type of days out and that’s exactly what we had last weekend while...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Differences Between Parenting in America vs. Parenting in Britain Expat Blog Awards 2013 Written from the point of view of an American mother raising British born children in England1. Children’s birthday parties: In Britain, don’t make your children open their presents in front of their friends at the party. Don’t serve the cake...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: England Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in England!Copy and paste code to display the England Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Bringing Up Brits
16:31 PM November 09, 2012
I love Meghan's Bringing Up Brits Blog, always relevant, honest and thought provoking posts! Meghan got the conversation going on the topic of raising your children in a country that is not your own, this topic is relevant wherever you are doing this which is why her blog is so impactful. Meghan has created a community through her book and blog and that makes a lot of people feel more at home in their adopted country, the UK.
16:10 PM November 13, 2012
I love reading Meg's blog! It is witty, funny and it makes me feel far less isolated living in England. Her blog is very relevant to me even though I do not raise my kids in England, I get great comfort from the feeling I am not alone out there. She has really built a name for herself as an expert with her blog, book and TV guest appearances! You really deserve to win Meg - good luck!
19:09 PM November 16, 2012
I love the discussion about raising your kids in a different country than the one you were born in yourself. I'm a Brit in the Netherlands essentially raising Dutch kids and Meghan's blog about raising her kids as an American in Britain is eye opening and entertaining. Great insights into parenting in a foreign country.
14:57 PM November 19, 2012
Great writing by Meg and a great and am sure, very well needed, blog. For those who move to the UK, this must be a really helpful and supportive read. Likewise, for those who are born and bred in the UK, it most certainly creates a whole new perspective around the difficulties people face when moving here. Great stuff.
17:23 PM November 19, 2012
This blog is really well-written and always interesting. I am not an expat but I enjoy reading about life in this country from another perspective.