Bringing Up Brits
Latest Blog Posts »
- Three countries in one day 1 month ago Firstly, I am so sorry about not posting for a while. It’s been hectic and a heartbreaking and tragic time for a while and I’m only just now feeling inspired to write. We have recently returned from a family holiday to Slovenia and Croatia, one week in each, both beautiful places with very...
- The most British of them all 6 months ago My middle child, my one girl, born on March 7th 2003 is without a doubt the most ‘British’ of all my children. She’s quietly beautiful, reserved, wary of foreign places she knows nothing about, doesn’t like to socialize unless it’s with people she already knows, finds going out too much...
- Mince pies - our tradition, always a reminder 8 months ago I have now been living my life and raising my family in England for 18 years; that’s nearly half my life. There are far too many mixed feelings that I could talk about, why I have them and why they will probably never fade. This is one reason I started this blog. A place where […] The post...
- An American in Helsinki 9 months ago For my 45th birthday, my husband whisked me off to Gatwick, sans enfants, walked me blindfolded (not literally) through to the gate where, to my delight, I saw we were about to board a plane set for Helsinki, Finland. Amazing! What a fabulous birthday surprise. I never would have thought I’d...
- An odd feeling this Thanksgiving 10 months ago Happy Thanksgiving everyone from over here in the UK! I can’t help but feel that this year there is an odd feeling surrounding Thanksgiving with a lot of people struggling to find something to give thanks for. It’s been one hell of a year, that’s for sure. I’m thankful for the following: My...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Differences Between Parenting in America vs. Parenting in Britain Expat Blog Awards 2013 Written from the point of view of an American mother raising British born children in England1. Children’s birthday parties: In Britain, don’t make your children open their presents in front of their friends at the party. Don’t serve the cake...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: England Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in England!Copy and paste code to display the England Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Bringing Up Brits
16:31 PM November 09, 2012
I love Meghan's Bringing Up Brits Blog, always relevant, honest and thought provoking posts! Meghan got the conversation going on the topic of raising your children in a country that is not your own, this topic is relevant wherever you are doing this which is why her blog is so impactful. Meghan has created a community through her book and blog and that makes a lot of people feel more at home in their adopted country, the UK.
16:10 PM November 13, 2012
I love reading Meg's blog! It is witty, funny and it makes me feel far less isolated living in England. Her blog is very relevant to me even though I do not raise my kids in England, I get great comfort from the feeling I am not alone out there. She has really built a name for herself as an expert with her blog, book and TV guest appearances! You really deserve to win Meg - good luck!
19:09 PM November 16, 2012
I love the discussion about raising your kids in a different country than the one you were born in yourself. I'm a Brit in the Netherlands essentially raising Dutch kids and Meghan's blog about raising her kids as an American in Britain is eye opening and entertaining. Great insights into parenting in a foreign country.
14:57 PM November 19, 2012
Great writing by Meg and a great and am sure, very well needed, blog. For those who move to the UK, this must be a really helpful and supportive read. Likewise, for those who are born and bred in the UK, it most certainly creates a whole new perspective around the difficulties people face when moving here. Great stuff.
17:23 PM November 19, 2012
This blog is really well-written and always interesting. I am not an expat but I enjoy reading about life in this country from another perspective.