Bringing Up Brits
Latest Blog Posts »
- Oh so very British 1 day ago One thing that I have learned while living in Britain is that British people love big but show it in a very British way meaning a very reserved way, which I have grown to appreciate and understand. I grew up in a culture where outward effusiveness was the norm. Clapping loudly and at length,...
- American snacks and drinks 1 week ago I have discovered that my oldest son shares my passion and craving for American snacks. The salty, savory kind that is pretty repulsive but Oh so tasty and very unhealthy! Sam has always been more of a savory over sweet type of boy in his preference for junk food and over the years I have […]The...
- Word of the week #1 1 week ago Just discovered a fun blog linky that I saw on Twitter called Word of the week on The Reading Residence blog and am inspired to take part. So my word of this week is: And perhaps ‘don’t forget’ as well. “Remember, you have to get up early this week. So start going to bed earlier.”...
- Experiencing Britain again through the eyes of American tourists 2 weeks ago This summer we had visitors from the States who experienced London and the UK for the first time. How fun for them! I got the feeling they absolutely loved it as they were up early each day seeing the sights and talking to (nearly) everyone they saw. They stayed with us for part of the […]The...
- Settling In - A research project 3 weeks ago I find this research project very interesting and wish I could be interviewed, but I’ve been here in the UK for too long! I’m sure there are lots of women who do qualify so please spread the word. Here are the details: (and there are links to PDF docs below) Run by Eaves charity, Settling...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Differences Between Parenting in America vs. Parenting in Britain Expat Blog Awards 2013 Written from the point of view of an American mother raising British born children in England1. Children’s birthday parties: In Britain, don’t make your children open their presents in front of their friends at the party. Don’t serve the cake...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: England Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in England!Copy and paste code to display the England Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Bringing Up Brits
16:31 PM November 09, 2012
I love Meghan's Bringing Up Brits Blog, always relevant, honest and thought provoking posts! Meghan got the conversation going on the topic of raising your children in a country that is not your own, this topic is relevant wherever you are doing this which is why her blog is so impactful. Meghan has created a community through her book and blog and that makes a lot of people feel more at home in their adopted country, the UK.
16:10 PM November 13, 2012
I love reading Meg's blog! It is witty, funny and it makes me feel far less isolated living in England. Her blog is very relevant to me even though I do not raise my kids in England, I get great comfort from the feeling I am not alone out there. She has really built a name for herself as an expert with her blog, book and TV guest appearances! You really deserve to win Meg - good luck!
19:09 PM November 16, 2012
I love the discussion about raising your kids in a different country than the one you were born in yourself. I'm a Brit in the Netherlands essentially raising Dutch kids and Meghan's blog about raising her kids as an American in Britain is eye opening and entertaining. Great insights into parenting in a foreign country.
14:57 PM November 19, 2012
Great writing by Meg and a great and am sure, very well needed, blog. For those who move to the UK, this must be a really helpful and supportive read. Likewise, for those who are born and bred in the UK, it most certainly creates a whole new perspective around the difficulties people face when moving here. Great stuff.
17:23 PM November 19, 2012
This blog is really well-written and always interesting. I am not an expat but I enjoy reading about life in this country from another perspective.