Bringing Up Brits
Latest Blog Posts »
- When Women Are Educated - International Women's Day 2014 5 hours ago Please watch this video and share this post. What education truly means and how we can use it to “contribute to the betterment of humankind”. Awesome. Today is International Women’s Day 2014. I am a woman and I am bringing up a young woman in the world today. Let’s celebrate women all over...
- Happy Birthday Daughter 1 day ago Happy Birthday to my one and only daughter Anna Grace who is turning 11 today. I remember when she was born, I was only semi-compos mentis when my husband exclaimed “it’s a girl! We have a girl!” Already having had a boy, I was thrilled, exhausted, relieved and utterly pleased. 11 years later...
- World Book Day in the UK 2 days ago Today is World Book Day and over the years my two older children have gone as Harry Potter, Robin Hood, Lucy Pevensie, Reepacheep, Nancy Drew, Heidi, Tinkerbell and Michelangelo. I’m sure there were more but I can’t recall off the top of my head. My daughter Anna Grace loves books more than...
- 5 Things I Love About My Expat Life 3 days ago 1. All the wonderful people I’ve met who I never would have met if I didn’t live abroad. 2. The fact that I’ve learned so much by living life as an expat and have truly lived a rich life with amazing and quirky experiences. 3. My children who are growing up British and my husband [...]The...
- Blog Hop: Why Do I Write? 5 days ago One thing that I love about being a blogger is that there’s a sense of community amongst some of the other parent and expat bloggers. We support each other by raising their profiles on our own blogs, via Twitter and FB and on other social media and we include each other in things that are...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Differences Between Parenting in America vs. Parenting in Britain Expat Blog Awards 2013 Written from the point of view of an American mother raising British born children in England1. Children’s birthday parties: In Britain, don’t make your children open their presents in front of their friends at the party. Don’t serve the cake...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: England Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in England!Copy and paste code to display the England Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Bringing Up Brits
16:31 PM November 09, 2012
I love Meghan's Bringing Up Brits Blog, always relevant, honest and thought provoking posts! Meghan got the conversation going on the topic of raising your children in a country that is not your own, this topic is relevant wherever you are doing this which is why her blog is so impactful. Meghan has created a community through her book and blog and that makes a lot of people feel more at home in their adopted country, the UK.
16:10 PM November 13, 2012
I love reading Meg's blog! It is witty, funny and it makes me feel far less isolated living in England. Her blog is very relevant to me even though I do not raise my kids in England, I get great comfort from the feeling I am not alone out there. She has really built a name for herself as an expert with her blog, book and TV guest appearances! You really deserve to win Meg - good luck!
19:09 PM November 16, 2012
I love the discussion about raising your kids in a different country than the one you were born in yourself. I'm a Brit in the Netherlands essentially raising Dutch kids and Meghan's blog about raising her kids as an American in Britain is eye opening and entertaining. Great insights into parenting in a foreign country.
14:57 PM November 19, 2012
Great writing by Meg and a great and am sure, very well needed, blog. For those who move to the UK, this must be a really helpful and supportive read. Likewise, for those who are born and bred in the UK, it most certainly creates a whole new perspective around the difficulties people face when moving here. Great stuff.
17:23 PM November 19, 2012
This blog is really well-written and always interesting. I am not an expat but I enjoy reading about life in this country from another perspective.