Bringing Up Brits
Latest Blog Posts »
- Guest post on Multicultural Kid Blogs on the Royal Wedding 6 days ago Happy New Year all. Welcome to 2018, here’s hoping this year is a great one for us all. I recently wrote a guest blog post for Multicultural Kid Blogs on the Royal Wedding – something we’re all looking forward to which is uplifting and positive in this time of uncertainty and unrest (ahem…...
- Raising cross-cultural kids in Britain 3 months ago Only by chance, very recently, I have learnt about the existence of Meghan Peterson Fenn’s book Bringing Up Brits, and I’m glad I did! As an expat and mother myself, I’m almost relieved that someone has been brave enough and passionate enough to examine the difficulties that come with raising...
- Consolidation Plus Gives 7 Financial Mistakes to Avoid in Your 20s 4 months ago Here is a sponsored blog post for our former selves (LOL) and for twenty somethings or even thirty somethings. I’m afraid it may be a bit too late for us forty somethings! But I enjoyed checking it to see what I had done, if anything. One thing that is also good to keep in mind […] The post...
- How to move to England infographic 5 months ago Not sure infographics as we know and use them now in blogs and social media existed when I moved to England, I certainly never saw any nor were any brought to my attention. My move was only supposed to be temporary and because I was already living outside my home country, I didn’t do much...
- Three countries in one day 5 months ago Firstly, I am so sorry about not posting for a while. It’s been hectic and a heartbreaking and tragic time for a while and I’m only just now feeling inspired to write. We have recently returned from a family holiday to Slovenia and Croatia, one week in each, both beautiful places with very...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Differences Between Parenting in America vs. Parenting in Britain Expat Blog Awards 2013 Written from the point of view of an American mother raising British born children in England1. Children’s birthday parties: In Britain, don’t make your children open their presents in front of their friends at the party. Don’t serve the cake...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: England Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in England!Copy and paste code to display the England Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Bringing Up Brits
16:31 PM November 09, 2012
I love Meghan's Bringing Up Brits Blog, always relevant, honest and thought provoking posts! Meghan got the conversation going on the topic of raising your children in a country that is not your own, this topic is relevant wherever you are doing this which is why her blog is so impactful. Meghan has created a community through her book and blog and that makes a lot of people feel more at home in their adopted country, the UK.
16:10 PM November 13, 2012
I love reading Meg's blog! It is witty, funny and it makes me feel far less isolated living in England. Her blog is very relevant to me even though I do not raise my kids in England, I get great comfort from the feeling I am not alone out there. She has really built a name for herself as an expert with her blog, book and TV guest appearances! You really deserve to win Meg - good luck!
19:09 PM November 16, 2012
I love the discussion about raising your kids in a different country than the one you were born in yourself. I'm a Brit in the Netherlands essentially raising Dutch kids and Meghan's blog about raising her kids as an American in Britain is eye opening and entertaining. Great insights into parenting in a foreign country.
14:57 PM November 19, 2012
Great writing by Meg and a great and am sure, very well needed, blog. For those who move to the UK, this must be a really helpful and supportive read. Likewise, for those who are born and bred in the UK, it most certainly creates a whole new perspective around the difficulties people face when moving here. Great stuff.
17:23 PM November 19, 2012
This blog is really well-written and always interesting. I am not an expat but I enjoy reading about life in this country from another perspective.