Bringing Up Brits
Latest Blog Posts »
- Happy Thanksgiving with love from the UK 1 day ago Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow expat Americans in the UK and to everyone in the USA who are celebrating today. Missing it and missing my family on this special day. Have fun eating!! Although I’m not doing a big Thanksgiving dinner this year, I did make a pumpkin pie – yum – and last...
- It's getting cold in Britain! 3 days ago Cold weather in November is perfectly normal, but because we’ve had such a long Indian summer (even the start of November was mild!) we’re feeling the cold front moving in and it is an affront to our bodies! Last year in January I wrote a blog post about keeping warm. I feel the need to...
- Silent Sunday 5 days ago ****************** Meghan Peterson Fenn is the author of Bringing Up Brits and co-author of Inspiring Global Entrepreneurs with Heidi Mulligan Walker. Meghan is also the Director and Chief Designer at her own design company, White Ochre Design Ltd. And, she is an award winning expat blogger.The...
- Different ways of celebrating the holidays 1 week ago Today I had a really lovely discussion with a group of business women, over lunch, about different ways of celebrating the holidays. I discovered that my husband’s family traditions, while being very British, are not necessarily what all British people do and that the way people celebrate...
- Top tips on celebrating Thanksgiving in the UK 1 week ago Trying to celebrate Thanksgiving as an American outside of the USA is pretty tough. It can be done and I have done it before and have spent some wonderful Thanksgivings in the UK with friends, but there’s no kidding ourselves, it’s just not the same. And it’s different to other holidays like...
Contest Entries »
- Top 10 Differences Between Parenting in America vs. Parenting in Britain Expat Blog Awards 2013 Written from the point of view of an American mother raising British born children in England1. Children’s birthday parties: In Britain, don’t make your children open their presents in front of their friends at the party. Don’t serve the cake...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: England Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in England!Copy and paste code to display the England Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Bringing Up Brits
16:31 PM November 09, 2012
I love Meghan's Bringing Up Brits Blog, always relevant, honest and thought provoking posts! Meghan got the conversation going on the topic of raising your children in a country that is not your own, this topic is relevant wherever you are doing this which is why her blog is so impactful. Meghan has created a community through her book and blog and that makes a lot of people feel more at home in their adopted country, the UK.
16:10 PM November 13, 2012
I love reading Meg's blog! It is witty, funny and it makes me feel far less isolated living in England. Her blog is very relevant to me even though I do not raise my kids in England, I get great comfort from the feeling I am not alone out there. She has really built a name for herself as an expert with her blog, book and TV guest appearances! You really deserve to win Meg - good luck!
19:09 PM November 16, 2012
I love the discussion about raising your kids in a different country than the one you were born in yourself. I'm a Brit in the Netherlands essentially raising Dutch kids and Meghan's blog about raising her kids as an American in Britain is eye opening and entertaining. Great insights into parenting in a foreign country.
14:57 PM November 19, 2012
Great writing by Meg and a great and am sure, very well needed, blog. For those who move to the UK, this must be a really helpful and supportive read. Likewise, for those who are born and bred in the UK, it most certainly creates a whole new perspective around the difficulties people face when moving here. Great stuff.
17:23 PM November 19, 2012
This blog is really well-written and always interesting. I am not an expat but I enjoy reading about life in this country from another perspective.