Latest Blog Posts »
- Bun Bang Fai - Si Bun Ruang 3 weeks ago We had a great Bun Bang Fai in our small part of Isaan this year. Bun Bang Fai is an Isaan rocket festival that happens every May/June with the vague aim of encouraging rains to fall for the upcoming rice season, and just by chance also includes a lot of drinking, dancing, rockets (of course) […]
- Udon Thani- A Few Hidden Surprises 1 month ago My Nikon D5100 camera packed it in a couple of weeks ago and I have been making do with my wife Gaun’s small Canon and an old Olympus ever since. You always take good equipment for granted until you have to revert to what you were using before, which seemed fine at the time. The […]
- Living in Isaan - Edition 8 2 months ago Introduction My posts “Living in Isaan” are a series of small stories I have recorded that make up my everyday life in a small rural village in the northeast of Thailand, a region called Isaan/Isan/Esan. You will find many expats writing blogs about life in the coastal centres and places like...
- Songkran 2018 - Si Bun Ruang Part 2 2 months ago I ended up with so many fun photos from this year’s Songkran that I thought I would publish a second post, which is mostly based around day two of the water fights on the main street of Si Bun Ruang. In my photography I try to capture the atmosphere of each occasion with special emphasis on […]
- Songkran 2018 - Si Bun Ruang Part 1 3 months ago Songkran is the Thai New Year held early April a time of parties and good fun in the same way our New Year is celebrated. It is also a family time so for the many people who have jobs that take them away, especially here in Isaan, a region in the northeast of Thailand, this […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Tony Eastmead has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!