Latest Blog Posts »
- Deadly diet: Thai doctors battle cancer-causing fish dish 1 month ago I only add this brief post because I know many of my readers have family in Isaan, the north east region of Thailand, and this article could be of interest to them and their Thai families. Traditions die hard here as anywhere but maybe if the eating of raw fish applies to the people we […]
- Ten Days in a Thai Hospital 1 month ago We recently spent ten days in the huge Srinagarind Hospital, which is the main teaching hospital for the Faculty of Medicine at Khon Kaen University in the north east of Thailand. I thought I would share my impressions of the experience, not as a comprehensive guide to the Thai medical system but...
- More Hidden Temples in Isaan 2 months ago Yesterday I had the urge to go for an explore and I picked out two wats (temples) to visit about an hour’s drive from our home in Si Bun Ruang. Having now seen both of them (and one we didn’t plan on seeing) they stand out a little from “normal” temples and one of them […]
- Bun Bang Fai Part 2 - 2017 3 months ago Bun Bang Fai is an exclusively Isaan (a region in the north east of Thailand) rocket festival held in June every year to encourage the rains to come for the rice season. I say exclusive in a Thai sense. The festival originated in Laos, which explains why it now forms part of Isaan culture as […]
- Isaan - the Small Stories 31 3 months ago This is a very short edition of “Isaan – the Small Stories” and in fact will be the last edition under this name. In future I will be writing a monthly update of life here in the same format with small stories that give glimpses into the life of a farang living in a rural […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Tony Eastmead has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!