Latest Blog Posts »
- More Hidden Temples in Isaan 1 week ago Yesterday I had the urge to go for an explore and I picked out two wats (temples) to visit about an hour’s drive from our home in Si Bun Ruang. Having now seen both of them (and one we didn’t plan on seeing) they stand out a little from “normal” temples and one of them […]
- Bun Bang Fai Part 2 - 2017 1 week ago Bun Bang Fai is an exclusively Isaan (a region in the north east of Thailand) rocket festival held in June every year to encourage the rains to come for the rice season. I say exclusive in a Thai sense. The festival originated in Laos, which explains why it now forms part of Isaan culture as […]
- Isaan - the Small Stories 31 2 weeks ago This is a very short edition of “Isaan – the Small Stories” and in fact will be the last edition under this name. In future I will be writing a monthly update of life here in the same format with small stories that give glimpses into the life of a farang living in a rural […]
- The Wats of Loei 2 weeks ago This is the second post relating to a family day out in Loei province close to our home in Si Bun Ruang. The first post titled “A Day with the Thai Army” can be found HERE. Having farewelled Game (Gaun’s nephew) and seen him back with his army mates we moved into the afternoon with […]
- A Day with the Thai Army 2 weeks ago Yesterday I enjoyed the slightly odd combination of spending the morning hosted by the Thai army and then the afternoon wandering through some of my favourite wats (temples) close(ish) to the army base. I started out thinking that both topics would fit into the one post but since then I have split...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Tony Eastmead has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!