Making Here Home
Latest Blog Posts »
- Expat Long Distance Relationship: Tips on Going the Distance 2 days ago I’m in an expat long distance relationship. With my husband. He is in Paris during the week and home in Germany with me, the kids and the dog at the weekend. So part-time long-distance. Of course, this was never in our plan – but as we all know, our expat plans rarely ever go to […] The post...
- The Expat Book Club: Encouraging Boys to Read 1 week ago Why an article on encouraging boys to read? Let’s start by stating the obvious: all children are different. And not only are all children different, the age at which reading ‘clicks’ can vary massively from child to child. We all want our children to enjoy reading, but what do you do if you...
- Castles in Germany - Schloss Neuschwanstein, a Fairytale Castle 2 weeks ago There are so many amazing castles in Germany. But Schloss Neuschwanstein is the one I really wanted to visit. A Fairytale Castle A fairytale castle. That really is the best description for Schloss Neuschwanstein. Perched dramatically amidst the spectacular Bavarian mountains it is famous as the...
- Making Changes? Make Sure You Find Your Cheerleaders 2 months ago It’s a year since I set up ‘Making Here Home’ and started writing this blog. But making changes is never easy; there was a full year before that where I just thought about it, but was too scared to try. What happened between that first year of thinking and worrying and the second of doing?...
- The Expat Book Club's Top 10 Favourite Books 2 months ago What’s your favourite book? For me that’s an impossible question to answer. But it’s the first one that I posed to the members of The Expat Book Club. The response was fascinating. Not only were the choices of books so incredibly varied – spanning centuries, continents and all genres –...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on Making Here Home
19:16 PM May 12, 2017
Love this blog, great tips and an enjoyable read
20:30 PM May 12, 2017
I can always relate to this blog about expat life. It's so helpful to read about someone who understands the trials and tribulations (as well as the joys and successes) of living in a "host country" rather than a "home country." Can't wait to keep reading!
20:37 PM May 12, 2017
Love the fact I can relate to your blogs and they always make me smile
17:50 PM May 13, 2017
My comments are of course are going to be positive as I am the bloggers mum! I am so proud of your courage and tenacity and how you make everything a positive But even more than that how you are sharing your experiences to help others You are such a kind person and you write so eloquently, just like your mum!
12:15 PM May 15, 2017
Such a lovely read each time. The blog is a great insight into expat life and I can imagine a fantastic support tool for anyone who is 'making here home'. Beautifully written with a funny, warm and friendly tone throughout. Keep up the good work!
20:51 PM May 16, 2017
I initially found your blog when we briefly flirted with the idea of moving abroad with my husband's job. It was like you were in my head, all the tiny details causing sleepless nights and worry. You managed to help me see that this is normal and what was really important. The move is now off the cards (at least temporarily) but I so loved your posts I have continued to follow you. Now instead of making lists about things I need to consider if moving abroad, I am now making lists of countries I'd like to visit thanks to the beautiful photos, tips and descriptions of your fantastic family holidays.
22:19 PM May 16, 2017
This is a lovely blog. It's great to hear about your experiences so far in Thailand & Germany and there are great tips to help others on their journey. I look forward to reading your next post :)
09:32 AM May 20, 2017
I love reading this blog, the posts are engaging and it's great to hear genuine stories about your experiences. Thank-you for sharing
09:48 AM May 20, 2017
Great ideas, beautiful and funny writing style. I get a little dopamine hit every time my email notification alerts me to a new blog post.