Making Here Home
Latest Blog Posts »
- When Your Expat Plan Doesn't Go To Plan... 1 week ago Just when everything starts to feel right, everything changes again. Sound familiar? Yep, another move is on the cards. This was not in the plan. The *plan* was to do 3-4 years in Bangkok and then move back to England. Well, that plan didn’t happen. I worried about a lot of things before we moved...
- Corsica - The Perfect Family Holiday? 2 weeks ago Why have I never been to Corsica before? I mean, it was always ‘on my list’ but never quite at the top. And now it’s up there with my favourites.. It took (yet another) last minute holiday booking experience (read: this was the only holiday we found that ticked all our boxes…the main ones...
- Summer Reading... 3 weeks ago Following on from my blog post about book clubs, I thought I’d share some book recommendations for your summer reading. Because we all now that now that school’s out and summer’s here we all have acres more time to read, right?! What makes for great summer reading? Well, that’s about as...
- Last Night a Book Club Saved My Life... 2 months ago Book clubs. So much has been written about book clubs – the rise of bookclubs, the fall of bookclubs. There are books about book clubs and even a film about them. A million memes about book clubs…which are largely related to the amount of wine consumed at book clubs. So, I know, another article...
- Crazy Days of Summer 2 months ago Ah, the triumph of hope over experience. Every year I think it will be different, every year it’s the same. It’s the last few weeks of the school year. When time goes on warp speed and EVERYTHING gets crammed into these last precious days. Right now I can’t keep track of what’s going on,...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on Making Here Home
19:16 PM May 12, 2017
Love this blog, great tips and an enjoyable read
20:30 PM May 12, 2017
I can always relate to this blog about expat life. It's so helpful to read about someone who understands the trials and tribulations (as well as the joys and successes) of living in a "host country" rather than a "home country." Can't wait to keep reading!
20:37 PM May 12, 2017
Love the fact I can relate to your blogs and they always make me smile
17:50 PM May 13, 2017
My comments are of course are going to be positive as I am the bloggers mum! I am so proud of your courage and tenacity and how you make everything a positive But even more than that how you are sharing your experiences to help others You are such a kind person and you write so eloquently, just like your mum!
12:15 PM May 15, 2017
Such a lovely read each time. The blog is a great insight into expat life and I can imagine a fantastic support tool for anyone who is 'making here home'. Beautifully written with a funny, warm and friendly tone throughout. Keep up the good work!
20:51 PM May 16, 2017
I initially found your blog when we briefly flirted with the idea of moving abroad with my husband's job. It was like you were in my head, all the tiny details causing sleepless nights and worry. You managed to help me see that this is normal and what was really important. The move is now off the cards (at least temporarily) but I so loved your posts I have continued to follow you. Now instead of making lists about things I need to consider if moving abroad, I am now making lists of countries I'd like to visit thanks to the beautiful photos, tips and descriptions of your fantastic family holidays.
22:19 PM May 16, 2017
This is a lovely blog. It's great to hear about your experiences so far in Thailand & Germany and there are great tips to help others on their journey. I look forward to reading your next post :)
09:32 AM May 20, 2017
I love reading this blog, the posts are engaging and it's great to hear genuine stories about your experiences. Thank-you for sharing
09:48 AM May 20, 2017
Great ideas, beautiful and funny writing style. I get a little dopamine hit every time my email notification alerts me to a new blog post.