Making Here Home
Latest Blog Posts »
- Funny Books by Female Authors 3 weeks ago On a recent – and very quick – trip to the UK I managed to get to a bookshop ten minutes before it closed. Ah, the bliss of being in a shop full of books, in a language I can read. But the pressure of all the books, of choosing wisely, of only argh! 9 […] The post Funny Books by Female...
- Surviving the School Holidays... 1 month ago When I was at school the summer holiday stretched out for six long weeks. Now that my kids are at school, I feel a bit duped. Their summer holidays stretch (drag?) on for eight whole weeks. Eight weeks, which is the equivalent to 56 days (or 1344 hours, but who’s counting?!). That’s a long time...
- When Your Expat Plan Doesn't Go To Plan... 3 months ago Just when everything starts to feel right, everything changes again. Sound familiar? Yep, another move is on the cards. This was not in the plan. The *plan* was to do 3-4 years in Bangkok and then move back to England. Well, that plan didn’t happen. I worried about a lot of things before we moved...
- Expat Resources 2 months ago When we moved the first time the word ‘expat’ was new to me. I didn’t even think about whether there would be expat resources available. I read one book – from the relocation company – about all the reasons expat assignments fail. Basically it’s because of the TRAILING SPOUSE…yep,...
- Corsica - The Perfect Family Holiday? 2 months ago Why have I never been to Corsica before? I mean, it was always ‘on my list’ but never quite at the top. And now it’s up there with my favourites.. It took (yet another) last minute holiday booking experience (read: this was the only holiday we found that ticked all our boxes…the main ones...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on Making Here Home
19:16 PM May 12, 2017
Love this blog, great tips and an enjoyable read
20:30 PM May 12, 2017
I can always relate to this blog about expat life. It's so helpful to read about someone who understands the trials and tribulations (as well as the joys and successes) of living in a "host country" rather than a "home country." Can't wait to keep reading!
20:37 PM May 12, 2017
Love the fact I can relate to your blogs and they always make me smile
17:50 PM May 13, 2017
My comments are of course are going to be positive as I am the bloggers mum! I am so proud of your courage and tenacity and how you make everything a positive But even more than that how you are sharing your experiences to help others You are such a kind person and you write so eloquently, just like your mum!
12:15 PM May 15, 2017
Such a lovely read each time. The blog is a great insight into expat life and I can imagine a fantastic support tool for anyone who is 'making here home'. Beautifully written with a funny, warm and friendly tone throughout. Keep up the good work!
20:51 PM May 16, 2017
I initially found your blog when we briefly flirted with the idea of moving abroad with my husband's job. It was like you were in my head, all the tiny details causing sleepless nights and worry. You managed to help me see that this is normal and what was really important. The move is now off the cards (at least temporarily) but I so loved your posts I have continued to follow you. Now instead of making lists about things I need to consider if moving abroad, I am now making lists of countries I'd like to visit thanks to the beautiful photos, tips and descriptions of your fantastic family holidays.
22:19 PM May 16, 2017
This is a lovely blog. It's great to hear about your experiences so far in Thailand & Germany and there are great tips to help others on their journey. I look forward to reading your next post :)
09:32 AM May 20, 2017
I love reading this blog, the posts are engaging and it's great to hear genuine stories about your experiences. Thank-you for sharing
09:48 AM May 20, 2017
Great ideas, beautiful and funny writing style. I get a little dopamine hit every time my email notification alerts me to a new blog post.