Making Here Home
Latest Blog Posts »
- Expat Author: Cath Brew, 'Living Elsewhere' 1 week ago I connected with artist Cath Brew in the forum I Am A Triangle (which is like an online ‘home’ for expats). Cath the woman behind ‘Drawn To A Story’ and has just published her book ‘Living Elsewhere‘ – a series of cartoons that beautifully depict those expat moments when you don’t...
- A Monday Minute: Do Shampoo Bars Work? 2 months ago One of the rooms in our house which contains the most plastic (after the kitchen) is the bathroom. The shower, specifically, used to be lined with plastic bottles of all shapes and sizes. Shampoo and conditioner. Shower gel. Face washes. Special shampoos for the kids. A ‘Manly’ shampoo and...
- A Monday Minute - We All Need Some Mothering From Time to Time 2 months ago As all the Brits out there will know, yesterday it was Mother’s day in the UK. I had planned to write a post about it, but it turned out to be one of those days. You know the ones – you have high expectations of a lovely family day together. I have learned over the […] The post A Monday...
- Expat Author: Saaskia Aark-Bennett 2 months ago I met Saaskia through the Expat Book Club and was intrigued to hear that not only had she published ten books (in both french and English) but she also has her own You Tube channel with poems, interviews…and fabulous make up tips for over seventies! A truly international woman, this seemed like...
- A Monday Minute: Spring Reading... 2 months ago Because, let’s face it, I’d far rather do some reading than Spring Cleaning. Anyone else?! Since starting The Expat Book Club I have been reading more than ever – that coupled with the recent freezing weather which made curling up with a book preferable to doing anything else. But this...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on Making Here Home
19:16 PM May 12, 2017
Love this blog, great tips and an enjoyable read
20:30 PM May 12, 2017
I can always relate to this blog about expat life. It's so helpful to read about someone who understands the trials and tribulations (as well as the joys and successes) of living in a "host country" rather than a "home country." Can't wait to keep reading!
20:37 PM May 12, 2017
Love the fact I can relate to your blogs and they always make me smile
17:50 PM May 13, 2017
My comments are of course are going to be positive as I am the bloggers mum! I am so proud of your courage and tenacity and how you make everything a positive But even more than that how you are sharing your experiences to help others You are such a kind person and you write so eloquently, just like your mum!
12:15 PM May 15, 2017
Such a lovely read each time. The blog is a great insight into expat life and I can imagine a fantastic support tool for anyone who is 'making here home'. Beautifully written with a funny, warm and friendly tone throughout. Keep up the good work!
20:51 PM May 16, 2017
I initially found your blog when we briefly flirted with the idea of moving abroad with my husband's job. It was like you were in my head, all the tiny details causing sleepless nights and worry. You managed to help me see that this is normal and what was really important. The move is now off the cards (at least temporarily) but I so loved your posts I have continued to follow you. Now instead of making lists about things I need to consider if moving abroad, I am now making lists of countries I'd like to visit thanks to the beautiful photos, tips and descriptions of your fantastic family holidays.
22:19 PM May 16, 2017
This is a lovely blog. It's great to hear about your experiences so far in Thailand & Germany and there are great tips to help others on their journey. I look forward to reading your next post :)
09:32 AM May 20, 2017
I love reading this blog, the posts are engaging and it's great to hear genuine stories about your experiences. Thank-you for sharing
09:48 AM May 20, 2017
Great ideas, beautiful and funny writing style. I get a little dopamine hit every time my email notification alerts me to a new blog post.