Making Here Home
Latest Blog Posts »
- Florence with Kids - Travel Tips 15 hours ago Florence. Capital of Tuscany, cradle of the Renaissance, ‘City of Art’. It’s romantic, it’s beautiful and it’s brimming with culture. But Florence with kids? Absolutely! Florence with Kids Florence is an easy city to walk around and there are tons of places to eat which is great when you...
- Expert Tips on Making Your Expat House Feel Like Home 1 week ago A big part of any relocation is getting settled in your new expat house. But often this means a furnished flat, full of things you haven’t chosen. Or a house where none of the things you have shipped seem to quite work. So what can you do to make your expat house feel like home? And how...
- Expat sometimes means extra effort 2 weeks ago When you’re an expat you can gain a lot (and not just the ‘bread and wine’ pounds I have found here in Germany) but also miss out on a lot. I have missed big birthday celebrations, family weekends away, school reunions (phew!), hen weekends, weddings and the arrival of babies. I don’t...
- Monocultural Mum and the Third Culture Kids 3 weeks ago I have lived away from home for four years now. Which in some ways is not that long really – equivalent to the length of time it took to do my degree (which included a year in France, not a repeat year…). However, when I think back to boarding the plane to Bangkok back in February 2013, what...
- Ten things I love about Germany... 3 weeks ago There are always challenges when you move to a new country. And it’s easy to see all the things that are difficult. Or those that just get right on your nerves. So this post is the antithesis to all of that. This post is dedicated to the things I LOVE about living in Germany. Springtime in...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on Making Here Home
19:16 PM May 12, 2017
Love this blog, great tips and an enjoyable read
20:30 PM May 12, 2017
I can always relate to this blog about expat life. It's so helpful to read about someone who understands the trials and tribulations (as well as the joys and successes) of living in a "host country" rather than a "home country." Can't wait to keep reading!
20:37 PM May 12, 2017
Love the fact I can relate to your blogs and they always make me smile
17:50 PM May 13, 2017
My comments are of course are going to be positive as I am the bloggers mum! I am so proud of your courage and tenacity and how you make everything a positive But even more than that how you are sharing your experiences to help others You are such a kind person and you write so eloquently, just like your mum!
12:15 PM May 15, 2017
Such a lovely read each time. The blog is a great insight into expat life and I can imagine a fantastic support tool for anyone who is 'making here home'. Beautifully written with a funny, warm and friendly tone throughout. Keep up the good work!
20:51 PM May 16, 2017
I initially found your blog when we briefly flirted with the idea of moving abroad with my husband's job. It was like you were in my head, all the tiny details causing sleepless nights and worry. You managed to help me see that this is normal and what was really important. The move is now off the cards (at least temporarily) but I so loved your posts I have continued to follow you. Now instead of making lists about things I need to consider if moving abroad, I am now making lists of countries I'd like to visit thanks to the beautiful photos, tips and descriptions of your fantastic family holidays.
22:19 PM May 16, 2017
This is a lovely blog. It's great to hear about your experiences so far in Thailand & Germany and there are great tips to help others on their journey. I look forward to reading your next post :)
09:32 AM May 20, 2017
I love reading this blog, the posts are engaging and it's great to hear genuine stories about your experiences. Thank-you for sharing
09:48 AM May 20, 2017
Great ideas, beautiful and funny writing style. I get a little dopamine hit every time my email notification alerts me to a new blog post.