Making Here Home
Latest Blog Posts »
- A Monday Minute - A Plastic Free Cup of Tea 16 hours ago Plastic in teabags? I always thought teabags were made of paper and completely compostable. Turns out that’s rather far from the truth... The post A Monday Minute – A Plastic Free Cup of Tea appeared first on Making Here Home - Expat Life and Advice on Moving Abroad.
- Expat Author: Stephanie Suga Chen 'Travails of a Trailing Spouse' 4 days ago One of the lovely and unexpected things that has happened since I set up The Expat Book Club is that I have made connections with lots of other expat women – all of them are readers, but some of them are authors too. So I thought I would do a series of ‘Expat Author’ interviews to highlight...
- A Monday Minute - Best Warm Gloves Ever! 1 week ago As part of my being kinder to the planet aim, I have decided to try and be more conscious about what I buy. I want to buy things that will last rather than wear out and need to be replaced. And I also probably need to kick my Zara habit into touch a bit too… […] The post A Monday Minute –...
- A Weekend in Rome - Top Travel Tips 1 week ago A weekend in Rome. Sounds pretty perfect, right? But what about a weekend in Rome with girlfriends? Woop woop! All my travel posts are about travelling with kids. Because I have two kids and I love to travel with them. Also leaving them home alone isn’t really an option… So I jumped at the...
- A Monday Minute - A Change is as Good as a Rest 2 weeks ago But is a rest as good as a change? Expats, by definition, are used to a lot of change. But has anyone ever found the changes involved in moving overseas restful? Erm…I doubt it! But I am a person who likes change; I love going to new places, trying new things, meeting new people. The […] The...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 9 reviews on Making Here Home
19:16 PM May 12, 2017
Love this blog, great tips and an enjoyable read
20:30 PM May 12, 2017
I can always relate to this blog about expat life. It's so helpful to read about someone who understands the trials and tribulations (as well as the joys and successes) of living in a "host country" rather than a "home country." Can't wait to keep reading!
20:37 PM May 12, 2017
Love the fact I can relate to your blogs and they always make me smile
17:50 PM May 13, 2017
My comments are of course are going to be positive as I am the bloggers mum! I am so proud of your courage and tenacity and how you make everything a positive But even more than that how you are sharing your experiences to help others You are such a kind person and you write so eloquently, just like your mum!
12:15 PM May 15, 2017
Such a lovely read each time. The blog is a great insight into expat life and I can imagine a fantastic support tool for anyone who is 'making here home'. Beautifully written with a funny, warm and friendly tone throughout. Keep up the good work!
20:51 PM May 16, 2017
I initially found your blog when we briefly flirted with the idea of moving abroad with my husband's job. It was like you were in my head, all the tiny details causing sleepless nights and worry. You managed to help me see that this is normal and what was really important. The move is now off the cards (at least temporarily) but I so loved your posts I have continued to follow you. Now instead of making lists about things I need to consider if moving abroad, I am now making lists of countries I'd like to visit thanks to the beautiful photos, tips and descriptions of your fantastic family holidays.
22:19 PM May 16, 2017
This is a lovely blog. It's great to hear about your experiences so far in Thailand & Germany and there are great tips to help others on their journey. I look forward to reading your next post :)
09:32 AM May 20, 2017
I love reading this blog, the posts are engaging and it's great to hear genuine stories about your experiences. Thank-you for sharing
09:48 AM May 20, 2017
Great ideas, beautiful and funny writing style. I get a little dopamine hit every time my email notification alerts me to a new blog post.