Latest Blog Posts »
- "It's about catching a unique moment between people" 1 week ago “I was brought up in Leicester. When I say “in” Leicester, I mean in the middle, in the city centre. Leicester was, and is, a real mixture of cultures. It’s the second most cosmopolitan city in the UK with big Asian, Afro-Caribbean and Irish families. My family had two pubs called The...
- "Every song has a special meaning to me" 3 weeks ago “From the first time that I got up on stage I loved it. I was a kid at a family party and my uncle got me up to sing along with a band. That’s how I got the bug. I knew that this was what I wanted to do, needed to do. “My parents were […]
- "I've always wanted to be a singer" 2 months ago “I’m half American, half Jamaican. My mum fell in love with my step dad and we moved to Majorca when I was eight years old, so we’ve been here for eleven years. “I grew up listening to the music that my mum and dad played. They love Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, James Brown and I […]
- I pour my heart into my work 2 months ago “I was born and brought up in Yorkshire with my twin older brothers Paul and Kevin by my parents Shirley and David. My twin brothers were always together so I spent a lot of time playing on my own. You would always see me with some Lego or Meccano, so I learnt “by doing” how […]
- "I want to educate people about the rich history of our little island." 2 months ago “My first career was in Civil Engineering. I spent twenty years doing that. I worked as a QSE Manager on-site, which meant that I wrote a lot of manuals and reports: that’s how I started to develop my writing skills. I enjoyed doing the writing, and my colleagues didn’t so I was given a lot...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 21 reviews on Mallorca Stories
14:50 PM November 12, 2012
Great content. Very readable.
10:39 AM December 04, 2012
Love your stories :-)
10:44 AM December 04, 2012
It is very enjoyable reading.
11:15 AM December 04, 2012
Great insight into the life of Mallorca and those that create that life!
11:18 AM December 04, 2012
great writer, soulful
11:32 AM December 04, 2012
Crear blog! Congratulations!
11:46 AM December 04, 2012
Great job Vicki..Love your writting..
13:12 PM December 04, 2012
Great blog Vicki, always enjoy your writing, keep up the good work!
14:43 PM December 04, 2012
Write one about me!
15:44 PM December 04, 2012
I really like the style you write !
00:10 AM December 05, 2012
A balanced, insightful and eloquent view of living as an ex-pat. Bravo, Vicki!
04:34 AM December 05, 2012
Vicki is a fantastic writer whose insights into expat life in Mallorca give her a specific platform from which to comment on how to live a better life in general. A great blog.
06:45 AM December 05, 2012
Blogs that make you think,laugh and above all want to read more!
07:33 AM December 05, 2012
Keep up the great work!
14:46 PM December 05, 2012
Always very informative and full of good ideas.
15:38 PM December 05, 2012
Superb content, well structured and with a personal touch.
15:42 PM December 05, 2012
Awesome, a well written blog with some interesting insights.
18:55 PM December 05, 2012
Always a great read!
23:53 PM December 05, 2012
Keep up the great work Vicki and so refreshing to read about what life is really like for those of us who live here.
00:05 AM December 06, 2012
Interesting subjects sympathetically interviewed, whose voices sound out clearly -- and some damn fine photographs too!
01:25 AM December 06, 2012
Always a pleasure to read!