Oddities and Ends
Latest Blog Posts »
- Everyone Loves a Top 10 List 22 hours ago AKA: The Top 10 Things Germany Does Better Than the USA
- Ami's First Football Game 1 week ago The match itself was much more fun than I had expected; not just the game, but the entire experience. There was a lot of chanting, singing, and coordinated jumping from the crowd. They even gave one of the fans a microphone so that he could lead them in bolstering their home team's spirit.
- Tag der Niedersachsen, 2017 2 weeks ago This past weekend, we attended the Tag der Niedersachsen. This festival was for the entire Niedersachsen area, which means that people came to Wolfsburg from all over the area to attend. I’d compare it in size to a county fair in the USA. More than half of the booths were businesses, clubs, and...
- Nobody's Perfect: American VS German Restaurant Service 3 weeks ago My husband and I are the couple that always talk about cooking more at home, succeed at it for a week or two, and then slowly start eating out more and more until the cycle begins anew. We cook at home a little more often since moving to Germany, but we still go out for… Continue reading...
- Otters, and Badgers and Ferrets: Oh My! 4 weeks ago The otters are (of course) the main attraction, but there are several other animals on display, including ferrets, stoats, weasels, martens, an American mink, and even an otter hound.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Oddities and Ends
21:18 PM September 13, 2017
Very astute observations into daily life. An excellent read!
21:44 PM September 13, 2017
Insightful and very funny!
02:17 AM September 14, 2017
I've known Jessie since she lived in the U.S., and her observations in her blog are always funny and interesting to read.
16:05 PM September 14, 2017
Always fun to read about her daily experiences!
18:15 PM September 14, 2017
Jessie's insights and views on the world are not only unique, they also remain relevant to the lives of people living in and out of the United States. I would highly recommend this blog for those already in Germany, people thinking about living in Germany, and for those who have just heard of Germany. Everyone should give it a read!
18:45 PM September 15, 2017
I love Jessie's blog! Always a fun read.