Oddities and Ends
Latest Blog Posts »
- Immigrating to Germany: Getting Your Temporary Residency 2 weeks ago Are you considering a long-term move to Germany? If your spouse is German, and you are from an English-speaking country, this guide is for you. Here, I will detail the steps needed for Aufenthaltserlaubnis (temporary residency), which will allow you to live and work for three years in Germany. At...
- Halloween, German Style 2 weeks ago A recent poll has revealed that many Germans don’t like Halloween. That’s a real shame, as it’s quite clearly the best holiday. Also, they could really use a buffer between Summer and Christmas. There have been Christmas decorations for sale here since late September, and the Christmas lights...
- Viva la vie Boheme: Prague Travel Guide 2 months ago Three weeks ago, my husband and I visited Prague and Kutná Hora in the Czech Republic. Below, you will find the highlights (and lowlights) of our trip, suggestions for food and drink, and travel tips for your future visit! Food and Drink Restaurants The Good The best restaurant we visited...
- A Witch, a Lynx, and an American Go on a Hike 2 months ago I was supposed to have a post up last week about our visit to Prague. Unfortunately, as it sometimes does, life got in the way! The post is all ready to go. I just need to get the pictures I took off of my husband’s cameras. Fingers crossed, that post will be up this Thursday. In… Continue...
- Top 10 Things I Miss About the USA 3 months ago This post was originally supposed to be a counterpoint to last week's Top 10 Things Germany Does Better than the USA. Was. After my husband asked me, "what will you put on there?" I realized I only had a list of four; a real problem when you need six more items to make a top 10 list. The post Top...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Oddities and Ends
21:18 PM September 13, 2017
Very astute observations into daily life. An excellent read!
21:44 PM September 13, 2017
Insightful and very funny!
02:17 AM September 14, 2017
I've known Jessie since she lived in the U.S., and her observations in her blog are always funny and interesting to read.
16:05 PM September 14, 2017
Always fun to read about her daily experiences!
18:15 PM September 14, 2017
Jessie's insights and views on the world are not only unique, they also remain relevant to the lives of people living in and out of the United States. I would highly recommend this blog for those already in Germany, people thinking about living in Germany, and for those who have just heard of Germany. Everyone should give it a read!
18:45 PM September 15, 2017
I love Jessie's blog! Always a fun read.