Latest Blog Posts »
- Some Days Require More Carpe Than Others 5 months ago Thanks to my friend Gretchen for sharing this – I totally need it today, though if I’d actually made this graphic I probably would’ve used a stronger curse word than “hell,” but I’m klassy (with a K) like that. I … Continue reading →
- "Girl, I'm Gonna Take You to Lobsterfest" 5 months ago In the process of updating my bio for PVL, I re-read this story I wrote a while back and remembered that HOLY SHIT, I really have some crazy dating stories. It’s all an adventure, but this one is definitely one … Continue reading →
- Lavender and White Peach/White Chocolate and Basil, Gelateria del Teatro, Rome 5 months ago Twice a day, three days in a row. I’m not proud of it (or maybe I am just a little), but that’s how many times I ate gelato at Gelateria del Teatro** when I was in Rome. So let my … Continue reading →
- 7 Totally True Food Truths that Made Me Laugh 5 months ago Happy Friday, everyone. Hope good food is on your weekend agenda!
- The DKA, Dominique Ansel Bakery, Manhattan 5 months ago I’m on a little kouign amann bender right now – a memory bender, that is, since I haven’t had any for a few months. You may recall that I just wrote about the mouthwatering kouignettes of Maison George Larnicol last … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 14 reviews on parlezvouslocodotcom
21:35 PM November 05, 2012
This blog serves the need for some vicarious living. As someone who often makes irrational decisions and travels around with no gameplan, this blog saves me. Especially when tied to a desk, its my treat. Someone is doing it right in Paris so why not join the fun, even if its not me.
21:49 PM November 05, 2012
Rebecca's blog is hilarious, witty and fun to read. I love to live vicariously through her forays and adventures through Paris and beyond. Her writing style is superb. Can't wait to read more!
22:00 PM November 05, 2012
God I love this woman. She makes me laugh, she makes me cry. She knows how to put the life in livin', the sauce in storytelling. More, please. Always. More.
03:15 AM November 06, 2012
Parlezvouslocodotcom is a speeding roller coaster with all the excitement and highs and lows of life....A thought provoking breath of fresh air each time I link it up. The Paris version of The Most Exotic Marigold Hotel....I dig it!
04:01 AM November 06, 2012
Let's give credit where credit is due. This blogger found the courage to leave a city she'd lived in and loved for years, setting aside the comforts of a salaried job, longtime friends, her favorite restaurants and yoga studio and bookstore, even her native language, to do what so many of us only dare to fantasize about: redefine what home means. I have thoroughly enjoyed living vicariously through the adventures Rebecca has chronicled here.
05:34 AM November 06, 2012
I love the snippets of humor to the adventure.
09:12 AM November 06, 2012
Rebecca is an expat in Paris who has a big heart, a sage spirit, and a sense of humour that is razor sharp. This combinations makes for a blog that is always a pleasure to read. From fine food to life's journeys, Rebecca's words of wisdom and wit not only transport me to a beautiful city, but also make me laugh and lighten my days.
15:55 PM November 06, 2012
There are so many blogs I subscribe to that I have come to realize are all just filled with regurgitated pretty pictures and thoughts. I came to that realization when I noticed how Parlez Vous Loco makes me feel. It's original, moving, inspirational, and real. I am learning about Paris from the unique perspective of a person who is both a visitor and a local and learning about life from a brave and incredibly warm and witty writer. I look forward to every single post and every single pain au chocolat!
20:16 PM November 07, 2012
This blog cracks me in half every time I read it while making me want to be right there with her experiencing life on no predetermined route. Keep on doing what you're doing. Love it.
23:31 PM November 08, 2012
best, BEST, BEST of the blogs. Period. Rebecca is one of the few writers that keeps me hanging on her every word. She paints a vivid, funny, human picture with her blogs. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before she is swept up by a publisher, writes the seminal female travel/life/love story, and we never hear from her again. j'taime this blog!!
04:52 AM November 10, 2012
Rebecca has one of those unique voices that has you laughing, sighing, and feeling like you're in every moment she describes. She not only has a true talent for writing, but she captures emotions and descriptions that have you hooked from beginning to end. NOT to mention that she is absolutely awesome and ballsy to move to Paris and make the absolute best of it by putting herself out there, eating amazing food, and making new friends. Now, that's a girl (and her blog) that I can get behind.
04:11 AM November 19, 2012
i've been to paris twice and can't wait to go back, and while i loved my experiences, i might love rebecca's even more. her blog keeps me dreaming of going back sooner than later (much sooner).
15:54 PM November 19, 2012
Paris is my second home and I subscribe to way too many blogs about my favorite city. When I am away and yearning to return it is Parlezvouslocodotcom that I turn to. This blog enables me to smell the bread, savor the wine, and experience the joy and frustrations of Paris as if I were there. I love Rebecca's writing style. So personal, thought provoking and witty. I have experienced the range of emotions while reading her blog -- at times laughing our loud and other times wiping the tears from my eyes. Keep the stories coming!
13:16 PM November 24, 2012
I love this blog! The writing is witty and touching. The post bring me to another place - a place in France I've never been but that I feel like I have been there in spirit. I recommend to friends interested in good writing and to those planning a trip to France! Thank you. Parlez Vous Loco!!!