B & B in Cairo
Latest Blog Posts »
- Food Blog #2: Shakshuka 2 years ago One of the most important events of our recent visit to Aswan occurred on the morning of our final day. Before going to the airport, I headed to the roof to meet the owner of our guesthouse, who had promised to make me some breakfast. When I arrived, he placed the following meal before me: […]
- Aswan Adventures - Tombs and Museums 2 years ago Those of you who read my lengthy description of our airport adventure are probably interested to know if the rest of our trip to Aswan fared better than the first 12 hours. By the time we arrived at the guesthouse at 6 am in a small Nubian village outside of Aswan, we were exhausted. And we […]
- The Aswan Flight Part 2 2 years ago Continued from Part 1. So there we were, shocked and dismayed after the woman at the ticket counter informed us (politely) that we had missed our flight to Aswan. We were aghast, not just because we had missed our flight, or even because the tickets were non-refundable, but because we had somehow...
- The Aswan Flight Part 1 2 years ago To begin with, our home in Cairo is very close to the airport. It takes, at most, 15 minutes to get there by taxi. 20, if the traffic is horrible. 30 if your taxi explodes and you have to fetch a new one. Never 75 minutes. Never. Not unless you went by bicycle, and even […]
- Language Practice Joke 3 years ago As dedicated readers may remember, in my previous blog, Language Practice Battle, I described how I have been doing my best to practice my Arabic skills by using them in conversation. While some Egyptians insist on practicing their English on me, others humor me and my limited childish banter. So...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Egypt Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Egypt!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 8 reviews on B & B in Cairo
01:04 AM November 12, 2012
I love this couple! They write great information and stories about their time in Egypt as students studying at an American university.
21:33 PM December 08, 2012
They're our eyes and ears on the scene, losing none of their passion or quirk in the day-to-day stories they find to tell -- and with the occasional cultural hiccup worked through graciously and with a certain joy.
00:20 AM December 09, 2012
These kids have got it. B&B in Cairo is my favorite blog.
01:19 AM December 09, 2012
They are such a blessing in our lives
04:51 AM December 09, 2012
Love the snippets of expat life in Cairo. Blog posts are short and interesting. I love this young, fun couple!
03:11 AM December 10, 2012
Absolutely fascinating following your adventures in Egypt. Love all the pictures....keep it up....it's awesome
04:49 AM December 10, 2012
I always enjoy reading this blog; they are informative and humorous. I appreciate the openess in which they share their experiences, good and bad.
00:22 AM December 12, 2012
Always wonderful to read! A small glimpse into a world not well known to most. And awesome to read how they can witness in everyday conversations.