Cairo via London
Latest Blog Posts »
- World Poetry Day 2015: Nehal Elmeligy 1 year ago Originally posted on Pen Powered Mic:The fourth poem we have for World Poetry Day is titled ‘You are Not My Mother’, written and recited by Nehal Elmeligy. It is a piece triggered by an accident where a 19-year old university student in Egypt was ran over by a bus on campus, causing her death....
- Ramseeeeyes! 4 years ago My second post of 2012. Sort of shameful, right? You probably think I’ve forgotten all about Cairo, right? Wrong! I could never forget about Cairo’s charms, especially when I have so many who are near and dear who live there. Tonight I was reminded of the madness of Ramses station – the part...
- The Tumultuous Months of 2011 4 years ago I wrote this on 31 December 2011 and wanted to share it with you all here. It's a little more personal than you might be used to, but it's from me and about my journey in 2011. Enjoy. ~ LY.
- Unplugged 4 years ago Unplug and disconnect – two verbs that refer to precisely what I had to do when reading about the current events in Tahrir Square; when it became all too much to bear. The fact of the matter is that I cry easily – my heart is easily stirred and my eyes involuntarily hit a switch […]
- A Mansion in a Dump Yard 4 years ago “Haven’t you noticed how there are no bins around?” She asked. It was close to 7pm and we were making our way to St. Paul’s Cathedral in central London. The streets were lively with people bustling to get home after working until stupendous hours (yes, 7pm is stupendous!) in the City....
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Cairo via London has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!