An Expat in Lima - My Life in Peru
Latest Blog Posts »
- Choleando - Racism in Peru 2 weeks ago Racism in Peru. Depending on who you talk to, you may be told it barely exists, or that it’s one of the biggest problems the country faces. I tend to agree with the 2nd school of thought there. What? Racism is a bigger problem than hunger? Terrorism? Drug trafficking? Yes – because the...
- A View of Lima, Peru in the Mid 20th Century 3 weeks ago I ran across this video on Youtube, and had to share it. It’s an interesting look back at mid-century Lima. The gentleman who originally posted the video isn’t sure if it’s late 40s or early 50s. There also is some question as to whether or not the entire video shows Lima (or even Peru, for...
- Just How Bad Is Lima Traffic? You Might Be Surprised! 4 weeks ago We foreigners in Peru love to talk about how God-awful the traffic is – even though there’s always a few people who try to convince us otherwise. It’s something I’ve written about here on the blog before – traffic is just cray-cray. I’ve tried to show it with video and pictures, but I...
- The Secret to a Perfect Leche de Tigre 2 months ago I’ve written about leche de tigre (tiger’s milk) before - I’ve got a recipe for it right here. But that’s a recipe from me – a gringa. For real, authentic Peruvian ceviche, you gotta do it like the Peruvians do. That’s why I love this video – it may not show you exactly how to […]
- Hey! 3 months ago Follow my blog with Bloglovin It’s just a new way for me to connect with more readers and to find more blogs that I love. Even if you don’t blog, it’s a great way to keep track of blogs that you like to follow.
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Peru Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Peru!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on An Expat in Lima - My Life in Peru
04:35 AM November 08, 2012
Leaving some love!! What a great blog!
23:06 PM October 18, 2013
Thanks so much - I had no idea that I had been awarded top blog in Peru for 2012. I feel humbled and honored.
13:26 PM October 31, 2013
Great blog! Thanks for sharing your experience in my lovely country :)