An Expat in Lima - My Life in Peru
Latest Blog Posts »
- Dancing in Parque Kennedy Miraflores Lima Peru 3 months ago For the 10+ years I’ve lived in Lima, Friday nights in Miraflores have been one of my favorite things. The weekends in Parque Kennedy provide so many different things for residents and tourists alike. Art shows and sales, handicrafts for sale and people singing and dancing in the street! What...
- "Happy" Comes To Lima, Peru 3 months ago If you haven’t yet heard “Happy” – the hugely popular tune from the movie Despicable Me 2 by Pharrell Williams – well, what cave have you been living in?? This song has been EVERYWHERE! It’s even got it’s own 24 hour video channel, playing the song round the clock as people walk, ride...
- Choleando - Racism in Peru 6 months ago Racism in Peru. Depending on who you talk to, you may be told it barely exists, or that it’s one of the biggest problems the country faces. I tend to agree with the 2nd school of thought there. What? Racism is a bigger problem than hunger? Terrorism? Drug trafficking? Yes – because the...
- A View of Lima, Peru in the Mid 20th Century 6 months ago I ran across this video on Youtube, and had to share it. It’s an interesting look back at mid-century Lima. The gentleman who originally posted the video isn’t sure if it’s late 40s or early 50s. There also is some question as to whether or not the entire video shows Lima (or even Peru, for...
- Just How Bad Is Lima Traffic? You Might Be Surprised! 6 months ago We foreigners in Peru love to talk about how God-awful the traffic is – even though there’s always a few people who try to convince us otherwise. It’s something I’ve written about here on the blog before – traffic is just cray-cray. I’ve tried to show it with video and pictures, but I...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Peru Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Peru!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on An Expat in Lima - My Life in Peru
04:35 AM November 08, 2012
Leaving some love!! What a great blog!
23:06 PM October 18, 2013
Thanks so much - I had no idea that I had been awarded top blog in Peru for 2012. I feel humbled and honored.
13:26 PM October 31, 2013
Great blog! Thanks for sharing your experience in my lovely country :)