Cayman Islands Blog
Latest Blog Posts »
- Tropical Storm Earl 3 weeks ago Well after nearly five years of living here, we've seeing our first tropical storm warning in Cayman - just as the hurricane season really heats up (August - September)As of this morning Tropical Storm Earl has still not been named officially, though he's expected to be confirmed as a tropical...
- We're gonna need a [bigger] boat... 5 months ago After four years here, we finally took the plunge and bought a boat, GAV as he's endearingly known as.Buying a boat out here is a bit of a mine field for those (like us) who are a little inexperienced.First though, we wanted the security and comfort of sharing the costs (and boat) with friends, and...
- Rent at the Prospect Playhouse 10 months ago Guest post from Kim:Back in the homeland I was a regular theatre attendee and particularly a fan of musicals. So when one of my friends had a spare ticket for the Cayman Drama Society’s production of ‘Rent’, I was very happy to accept.I have to say, I did go not expecting a particularly high...
- Deep Blue Sea 1 year ago As my eyes slowly opened and the aroma of bacon teased my nostrils, vague memories of meeting football legend Kevin Keegan at Margaritaville and putting away at least 15 Heineken the night before returned.It was Father's Day, and as I slowly adjusted to the bright morning sunlight, I knew...
- Breakfasts... 1 year ago Being a connoisseur of breakfasts here in Cayman allows me to give a pretty good run down of the best breakfasts on island. So, for those with a hunger, here's my top five places to get your day off to a great start.The MarriottAnother venue that's recently undergone a huge multi-million dollar...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Cayman Islands Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Cayman Islands!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 3 reviews on Cayman Islands Blog
01:41 AM December 08, 2012
Being from the UK myself, I enjoyed reading this blog, it's very family friendly, and has plenty of interesting photos of family and events in the Cayman Islands. You've got my vote!
22:13 PM August 26, 2013
A great blog. This has been a really useful reference for when we were planning our move to the Cayman Islands. A good mixture of fact, humour and sarcasm, well written and some great photography.
20:20 PM March 22, 2014
Very informative and the author seems to genuinely love the place!