Not Quite Roughing It
Latest Blog Posts »
- Antigua, Guatemala is HAPPY! 1 month ago This locally made rendition of Pharrell Williams’ music video, “Happy,” gives you an awesome look at local life in the colonial city of Antigua, plus a taste of the colorful cast of folks who live there. Check it out, and Happy Friday! : )
- A Snapshot of Belize's Southern Coast 1 month ago I’ve loved reliving Belize through blog posts over the past month, and hope you’ve enjoyed this little jaunt, too. As with most trips, though, ours had to come to an end, and it’s time for me to wrap up our Belize tour and bring us all back to real life, in real time. When last […]
- Ambergris Caye=Giant, Seafood-stuffed Burritos 2 months ago Much has been written about Belize’s Ambergris Caye, a 25-mile-long isle located along the country’s northern Caribbean coast. (Fun fact: Once a peninsula, Ambergris became an island when the ancient Maya dug a canal between it and Mexico centuries ago. Let me restate that: They dug an island....
- Where We Stayed: Yuma's House (Caye Caulker) & El Secreto Resort (Ambergris Caye) 3 months ago Belize’s Caribbean coast offers accommodations for all budgets. On our visit to Caye Caulker–and later, the better-known Ambergris–Shon and I stayed in two spots, Yuma’s House (above; left) and El Secreto Resort (above; right), that cater and cater well to travelers at opposite ends of the...
- Belize Eats: Fry Jacks 3 months ago I fell in love with hot, fried heaven on a plate. It happened in Belize. It was amazing. No one warned me about the lure of fry jacks before our trip to Belize. But as soon as Shon and I crossed into the country from Guatemala, we saw signs for them everywhere, all the way […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Guatemala Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Guatemala!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Not Quite Roughing It
18:59 PM December 06, 2012
You've hit the ball out the park! Incredible!
01:04 AM December 14, 2012
Great blog! Love the food and cultural posts! Desayuno chaping...that's what Im talking about!