Not Quite Roughing It
Latest Blog Posts »
- So, Here It Turns Out We're Untraveled Travelers... 1 year ago I generally think of Shon and myself as well-traveled. While we don’t fall into the “visited 100 countries and counting!” category, like some of the travel bloggers I follow, together we’ve explored Guatemala, Belize, Peru, Chile, Paraguay, and a handful of other Latin American countries....
- 8 Reasons Why I Love Raising a Baby in New York 1 year ago So much can change in a year. Ben celebrated his eight-month birthday a few days ago—a sizeable milestone—but what really brought home how quickly time flies were the holidays. Last Christmas, Shon and I were eating tamales and hanging out poolside in Panajachel. This Christmas, we toasted...
- Quesillo Not For Me-o: A Dairy Bomb in Nicaragua 2 years ago I’m pretty sure it was my love for cheese that cost me a job on James Patterson’s publicity team. I sat in his Park Avenue publisher’s office for a final interview a handful of years ago and upon being asked what I would do with my life if money were no issue, replied that I […]
- Simple Days in Nicaragua's León 2 years ago It was melting hot, but León—Nicaragua’s second-largest city and once-capital (it lost the title in 1852)—was still a good visit. Located in northwestern Nicaragua, not far from steaming volcanoes, Pacific coast mangroves, and cloud forests, León is used by most travelers as a base for...
- Nicaragua with a Newborn: 3 Travel Lessons 2 years ago In hindsight, maybe we were dummies. Shon and I returned from a 10-day trip to Nicaragua with Ben about two weeks ago and have only now mostly recovered. Shon went for work. Ben and I tagged along for fun—though I’m not sure the “fun” part of the trip ever really took hold. I’d be more...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Guatemala Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Guatemala!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Not Quite Roughing It
18:59 PM December 06, 2012
You've hit the ball out the park! Incredible!
01:04 AM December 14, 2012
Great blog! Love the food and cultural posts! Desayuno chaping...that's what Im talking about!