Not Quite Roughing It
Latest Blog Posts »
- Quesillo Not For Me-o: A Dairy Bomb in Nicaragua 3 months ago I’m pretty sure it was my love for cheese that cost me a job on James Patterson’s publicity team. I sat in his Park Avenue publisher’s office for a final interview a handful of years ago and upon being asked what I would do with my life if money were no issue, replied that I […]
- Simple Days in Nicaragua's León 3 months ago It was melting hot, but León—Nicaragua’s second-largest city and once-capital (it lost the title in 1852)—was still a good visit. Located in northwestern Nicaragua, not far from steaming volcanoes, Pacific coast mangroves, and cloud forests, León is used by most travelers as a base for...
- Nicaragua with a Newborn: 3 Travel Lessons 3 months ago In hindsight, maybe we were dummies. Shon and I returned from a 10-day trip to Nicaragua with Ben about two weeks ago and have only now mostly recovered. Shon went for work. Ben and I tagged along for fun—though I’m not sure the “fun” part of the trip ever really took hold. I’d be more...
- Meet Baby Ben! 5 months ago Last year, July 16 was just another day on the calendar. This year, it’s a big event in our world, as…drum roll, please…it means this guy is now two months old! Meet Bennett Anders Morris (Ben for short), born on May 16, 2014. Two months. TWO MONTHS! For eight whole weeks, I’ve had a...
- Goodbye, Guate! Hello, New York... & baby : ) 8 months ago I don’t follow bloggers who post inconsistently. I hate finding writers I like, coming back for more, and discovering the same old post I read one week ago, two weeks ago, then two months ago. Confronting an absence of new words over and over again leaves me feeling in the dark and a little...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Guatemala Silver Award!
This blog won the Silver Award for best expat blog in Guatemala!Copy and paste code to display the Silver Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 2 reviews on Not Quite Roughing It
18:59 PM December 06, 2012
You've hit the ball out the park! Incredible!
01:04 AM December 14, 2012
Great blog! Love the food and cultural posts! Desayuno chaping...that's what Im talking about!