Latest Blog Posts »
- Living in The Netherlands: What to Bring with You 3 months ago I was recently asked what would be an essential item to bring to the Netherlands if I was moving here. A loaded question – one I didn’t want to answer without serious consideration. Much depends on where you’re coming from, whether … Continue reading →
- The Non-Expat Expat: Not Fitting The Box 1 year ago We’ve lived away from our birth country for 18 years and a lot’s happened in that time – we moved to the USA, raised a family, took American citizenship, relocated back to Europe and will move on again eventually. The … Continue reading →
- Interview with Expatsblog - USA to the Netherlands 1 year ago A while ago I was interviewed by Expatsblog for their great website which is full of resources for anyone moving from somewhere to, well, just about anywhere else. Their website a phenomenal amount of information available on wherever it is you’ll … Continue reading →
- Older Parents: When to Step In 2 years ago Good health is something I’ve generally taken for granted, my own and that of my family. We’ve been lucky over the years and despite some major issues with Missy, our daughter, last year, I’ve never thought of us as being … Continue reading →
- Where has the year gone? 2 years ago It is with shock and horror I realise how long it’s been since I last posted on Wordgeyser. I wish I could tell you I’ve been traveling the world, or training to be an astronaut ready for the manned space … Continue reading →
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 17 reviews on wordgeyser
00:52 AM November 10, 2012
Always insightful, entertaining, and thought provoking, Wordgeyser opens windows to life as an expat and life in general. Highly recommended.
01:39 AM November 10, 2012
A very down-to-earth blog with sprinklings of subtle humour. Wordgeyser also carries an emotional transparency and vulnerability that keeps her blogs relatable and lovable.
04:54 AM November 10, 2012
I was fortunate to get to know Jane for two short years while we were “getting our feet wet” as expats in The Netherlands. When Jane began her blog I was inspired by her ability to connect with so many people with her prose. Jane’s writing expresses a great deal of insight about family, special friends who have touched her life, current events, book reviews and of course the Dutch. Her writing makes me laugh, cry, reflect and most of all wish I was still an Expat!
08:44 AM November 10, 2012
Word geyser is highly entertaining. Not only does this wonderful blogger share her own experiences in expat land, but she truly manages to connect with the reader. She is humorous, yet full of insight and relatable moments. I find my own language coming short when wanting to describe hers, so please do yourself a favor. Go read Wordgeyser for yourself, and soon you will find yourself immersed in this wonderful eloquent world of Jane's. I know I'm always looking for the next blog.....
09:06 AM November 10, 2012
The way in which Wordgeyser tells it like it is shows just how talented she is at the art of writing. Notices in my inbox that tell me Wordgeyser has been at it again are notices I look forward to the most, after the ones from my Stateside kids. I am fortunate to know the author from a previous expat posting in the Netherlands, but any expat anywhere (and even non-expats) will gain insight from reading her Wordgeyser blogs.
10:39 AM November 10, 2012
An excellent informative and thought-provoking blog. Wordgeyser is inspiring, well written and diverse in topics; humorous, emotional and topical. Her insight into people and situations is amazing. The blog is eagerly awaited. Highly recommended
10:42 AM November 10, 2012
Jane gave herself a challenge of writing 90 blogs over 90 days and I just totally loved waking up in the morning to her newest story as I find them always insightful and inspiring. Having alos lived in New Orleans and the Netherlands and with 2 children just a bit older than Jane's youngest, I can relate to her blog on so many different levels. Definitely a good read!!!
10:59 AM November 10, 2012
Even though I've known Jane for almost six years, I just recently realized how talented she is as a writer. I truly enjoy reading Wordgeyser and sharing what I've read with my family. Keep up the good work Jane, you are entertaining, witty and full of knowledge!
11:48 AM November 10, 2012
After reading the comments above, I just wanted to say I agree with everything they say, and really don't know what I could add, other than I look forward to the blogs. Some are personal and I can relate to it. Her views on the happenings going on around our world are very insightful. I think everyone would enjoy Wordgeyser.
01:43 AM November 11, 2012
Following this blog is like traveling along with Jane as she explores and reveals her life and all that she discovers in the Netherlands. But she also has such a lively wit and insight that no matter what topic she discusses, I find myself drawn in.
14:10 PM November 11, 2012
I look forward to each new blog! Wordgeyser has me smiling, laughing out loud and sometimes crying. Her blogs show me wisdom, warmth, friendship, empathy, humor and most of all a deep understanding of what it is to be an expat.
18:20 PM November 11, 2012
Having been an expat myself several years ago I found Wordgeysers' blogs thoroughly accurate and brought back all kinds of emotions that had been forgotten as the years have passed. Jane writes with complete inegrity,humour and passion. I laughed & cried at the same time when reading blogs about our children growing up & moving to the next stage in their own lives.
14:28 PM November 12, 2012
A beautiful, well written blog that grabs the reader’s attention and keeps one engaged. It provides a guide to expat living and the trials and tribulations one may face. Reading Jane’s life experience has been humorous to say the least – her warmth, her spirit, and her love for her family is worth reading every week!
17:07 PM November 12, 2012
Jane's blog empathetically describes life's rewards, frustrations and challenges, many of which we can personally identify with. For those of us who have never lived the expat life she enables us to experience, from the safety of our own homes, some of the additional trials and tribulations which the expat faces. An informative, entertaining and eloquent read.
13:44 PM November 14, 2012
The main pleasure to be gained from wordgeyser's blog is to go back and read the different threads from years past. The blog-chain on Katrina makes me tearful every time I read it. The poignancy of her writing about illness or loss is never less than heart-rending occasionally breaking. She can write beautifully. She gets cross at people and outraged at corporations or injustice but she is also great analyst, friend and supporter when needed. Its your loss if you don't read her work.
07:45 AM November 17, 2012
It is one of the best blogs ever made and stories ever told. It may be some time, if ever, we the public, are treated to such a deserving blog worth our time and emotion. Unlike most blogs these days that are void of any story and interest, Wordgeyser is bursting at the seems with humour and 100% talent.
09:36 AM November 22, 2012
Truly one of my favourite blogs. Thought provoking and often moving. One that I cannot miss when it hits my reader.