Living in Another Language
Latest Blog Posts »
- Getting a Working Holiday Visa in New Zealand 1 day ago You might remember my original post about why we moved to New Zealand, and in it I briefly mentioned that we’re here on Working Holiday Visas. I had a lot of people express interest in the visa process, so let’s talk a bit about getting a Working Holiday Visa in New Zealand. I’m writing...
- How to Survive Long-Distance Flights 6 days ago “You’re like a five-year-old child.” Says my sleep-deprived, frustrated husband who sits in the airplane seat next to me. Yes, it’s true, I don’t handle flights well. It’s not that I have flight anxiety, it’s the fact that I get bored so fast. Once the plane wheels leave the ground,...
- 7 Tips to Help You Grow Your Instagram 1 week ago Instagram is a social networking powerhouse. Created in October of 2010, it’s become one of the most popular social networking companies today. If you haven’t started an Instagram account and you’re wanting to get serious about building your brand as a travel blogger (or any other kind of...
- Why Russell, New Zealand Should be on Your Travel Itinerary 2 weeks ago We started our New Zealand camper van adventure on the North Island (Auckland to be exact). We hadn’t planned on going up the coast into Northland, but we were convinced by our van rental agent that we should. Our two day side adventure turned into four, and we found ourselves falling in love...
- 10 Things to See and Do While Visiting South Korea 2 weeks ago We lived in Korea for 2.5 years, and made sure we set aside time to explore our surroundings. Korea is a little country, but packs a punch with festivals, landscapes, and historical places to visit. Sadly, we never made it to Jeju Island, which I’m sure would be on this list if we had gone! If...
Contest Entries »
- A Life Unexpected Expat Culture Shock I’ll never forget my first night of living in a foreign country. My husband and I had packed up our life in eight bags and headed out for the greatest adventure we’ve had together. South Korea was our destination, and to be honest, I didn’t...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Korea South Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Living in Another Language
19:05 PM December 08, 2012
Whether its hilarious anecdotes about living in a foreign country, thoughtful pieces about what its like to live far from home, or gorgeous, exotic photos of the wildlife, culture and sites of E Asia - this blog has it all!
06:12 AM December 10, 2012
I stumbled upon this blog through expatsblog.com, and I love it! This girl has great ideas and ways to make living abroad an easy challenge to conquer. It's an easy and fun read.
06:20 AM December 10, 2012
This blog is an excellent personal insight into a slice of life living as a foreigner in S. Korea, the variety of interesting pieces and beautiful pictures make this a must follow.
08:03 AM December 10, 2012
Wonderful blog!!! I love getting a glimpse into your new life as a "foreigner". I've enjoyed reading every post as they come! I definitely think this blog has all the qualifications to win the blog award :)
08:31 AM December 10, 2012
This blog is an amazing insight into life overseas. I really enjoy the photography as well.