Living in Another Language
Latest Blog Posts »
- Yonderbound: Make Travel Planning a Breeze 1 day ago I’m a last minute accommodation booker. Why? I absolutely hate spending hours looking at hotels, reviews, and then finally digging around the interwebs for a good discount on the hotels that look the best to me. Derik and I typically use Agoda and Booking.com for reserving accommodation for...
- Things All Expats Do But Won't Admit To 6 days ago First of all, I’m currently working on getting those survey results to you, and I’m so thrilled that 250 of you participated! Love seeing what you had to say and what you’re interested in with LIAL. It’s quite the feat to get that post up showing you all the stats, but I’m bound and...
- Wellington, New Zealand 1 week ago Before moving to New Zealand, Derik and I were 70% sure we were going to settle down on the North Island in Wellington. The city somewhat resembles the quirky, active, inviting atmosphere we left back in Portland, Oregon, and we were ready for that again. We were still open to other places, and...
- 12 Songs for Your Travel Playlist 1 week ago Derik and I love music. My husband probably even more than myself, as he ALWAYS has something playing on his phone. I’m one of those people that really enjoys listening to music…but not so much as background noise. That’s why I can’t listen and write-I get distracted! Blame it on me being...
- New Year's Eve Events in New Zealand 2 weeks ago New Year’s Eve celebrations are kind of big thing in New Zealand. I guess it would be similar to a holiday like the 4th of July in the U.S….we’re talking about great summer fun: concerts, BBQs, road trips, beach parties, and ocean outings. Derik and I won’t be in New Zealand for New...
Contest Entries »
- A Life Unexpected Expat Culture Shock I’ll never forget my first night of living in a foreign country. My husband and I had packed up our life in eight bags and headed out for the greatest adventure we’ve had together. South Korea was our destination, and to be honest, I didn’t...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Korea South Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Living in Another Language
19:05 PM December 08, 2012
Whether its hilarious anecdotes about living in a foreign country, thoughtful pieces about what its like to live far from home, or gorgeous, exotic photos of the wildlife, culture and sites of E Asia - this blog has it all!
06:12 AM December 10, 2012
I stumbled upon this blog through expatsblog.com, and I love it! This girl has great ideas and ways to make living abroad an easy challenge to conquer. It's an easy and fun read.
06:20 AM December 10, 2012
This blog is an excellent personal insight into a slice of life living as a foreigner in S. Korea, the variety of interesting pieces and beautiful pictures make this a must follow.
08:03 AM December 10, 2012
Wonderful blog!!! I love getting a glimpse into your new life as a "foreigner". I've enjoyed reading every post as they come! I definitely think this blog has all the qualifications to win the blog award :)
08:31 AM December 10, 2012
This blog is an amazing insight into life overseas. I really enjoy the photography as well.