Living in Another Language
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Other Half 2 weeks ago “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Anonymous For the last four years or so this has been our pursuit; to experience life and the world as much as we can. We started our travels around the time we figured out we just weren’t ready to hold still, we wanted...
- An Adventure Tour through New Zealand 3 weeks ago Once Derik and I figured out we would be leaving New Zealand in a matter of a few weeks, we were hitting things pretty much full throttle trying to arrange flight tickets, get out of our rental agreement, what to do post-New Zealand, and packing up our stuff. We both had this nagging feeling like...
- A Clean Slate 1 month ago Oh hey! It’s been a loooonnng time since last I wrote. I could say I’m sorry, but I’m really not. Life has been absolutely nuts, and I’m here to fill you in on all the dirty details. I took well over a month off from blogging, and I’m back with a brand spankin new site design (still...
- 5 Tips to Help Overcome Travel Anxiety 3 months ago I’ve had travel anxiety ever since I was a child. Up until three years ago, I had no idea that I actually suffered from it, and blamed my “episodes” on hypoglycemia. I’ve always had to watch my blood sugar and make sure I’m eating right, or I might just pass out cold; anywhere at any...
- Staying at Sala Arun Bangkok 3 months ago Last spring Derik and I took a two month trip to Hawaii, the Philippines, and Thailand. It was an amazing two months, and I remarkably still have a lot of our trip to share with you! During our time in Thailand the violent protests in Bangkok were taking place, and we were a little bit hesitant...
Contest Entries »
- A Life Unexpected Expat Culture Shock I’ll never forget my first night of living in a foreign country. My husband and I had packed up our life in eight bags and headed out for the greatest adventure we’ve had together. South Korea was our destination, and to be honest, I didn’t...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Korea South Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Living in Another Language
19:05 PM December 08, 2012
Whether its hilarious anecdotes about living in a foreign country, thoughtful pieces about what its like to live far from home, or gorgeous, exotic photos of the wildlife, culture and sites of E Asia - this blog has it all!
06:12 AM December 10, 2012
I stumbled upon this blog through expatsblog.com, and I love it! This girl has great ideas and ways to make living abroad an easy challenge to conquer. It's an easy and fun read.
06:20 AM December 10, 2012
This blog is an excellent personal insight into a slice of life living as a foreigner in S. Korea, the variety of interesting pieces and beautiful pictures make this a must follow.
08:03 AM December 10, 2012
Wonderful blog!!! I love getting a glimpse into your new life as a "foreigner". I've enjoyed reading every post as they come! I definitely think this blog has all the qualifications to win the blog award :)
08:31 AM December 10, 2012
This blog is an amazing insight into life overseas. I really enjoy the photography as well.