Living in Another Language
Latest Blog Posts »
- Maui Photo Session 2 hours ago It’s been a long time since Derik and I have had a legit couples photo session. Actually, its been since our engagement/wedding over three years ago, and I knew it was high time to schedule another one. The only problem was finding a good photographer. I thought it would be really awesome to hire...
- Backpacking for 60 days 1 day ago If you would have told my 20 year-old self that all I’d be able to take on a 2 month vacation was only what I could fit in a measly backpack, I would have laughed in your face and said, “Yeah right.” You see, I was the type of girl that would pack a full-size suitcase for a weekend trip...
- Disaster in Beijing (Guest Post) 4 days ago Im trying not to freak out too much. I kind of accidentally sloshed wine onto my MacBook as I was taking a glass from my husband. I thought everything was fine and dandy until a fourth of my screen turned blue and mirrored the rest of the screen. Cue freak out mode. Not only do I use my laptop for...
- Long Neck Karen Tribe 6 days ago I just met some of the most beautiful women on earth. Sure not in your ‘modern’ sense of beautiful, but the ladies of the Long Neck Karen Tribe are far more attractive to me than anyone I see all photoshopped up in Cosmo. I’m fascinated by people. I’ve always enjoyed reading National...
- Back Home 6 days ago After a whirlwind two months, we staggered into our tiny little Korean apartment yesterday, tired and tan, yet rejuvenated. Sixty days is a long time to be away from the place where you live, and in the last 17 hours I feel like I’m having to get to know it all over again. The vacation blues have...
Contest Entries »
- A Life Unexpected Expat Culture Shock I’ll never forget my first night of living in a foreign country. My husband and I had packed up our life in eight bags and headed out for the greatest adventure we’ve had together. South Korea was our destination, and to be honest, I didn’t...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Korea South Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Living in Another Language
19:05 PM December 08, 2012
Whether its hilarious anecdotes about living in a foreign country, thoughtful pieces about what its like to live far from home, or gorgeous, exotic photos of the wildlife, culture and sites of E Asia - this blog has it all!
06:12 AM December 10, 2012
I stumbled upon this blog through expatsblog.com, and I love it! This girl has great ideas and ways to make living abroad an easy challenge to conquer. It's an easy and fun read.
06:20 AM December 10, 2012
This blog is an excellent personal insight into a slice of life living as a foreigner in S. Korea, the variety of interesting pieces and beautiful pictures make this a must follow.
08:03 AM December 10, 2012
Wonderful blog!!! I love getting a glimpse into your new life as a "foreigner". I've enjoyed reading every post as they come! I definitely think this blog has all the qualifications to win the blog award :)
08:31 AM December 10, 2012
This blog is an amazing insight into life overseas. I really enjoy the photography as well.