Living in Another Language
Latest Blog Posts »
- A Visit to Berchtesgaden, Germany 3 months ago Derik and I knew we wanted to take an cool trip somewhere in Germany over Memorial Day, but we didn’t realize how epic Berchtesgaden was going to be until we drove into town. It’s hard to get a genuine feel for a place by looking at Google images, and honestly half the time the images […] The...
- A Day in Oslo, Norway 3 months ago Oslo, Norway was the beginning and end destination of our Norway in a Nutshell tour. Our flight from Germany arrived later in the afternoon so we really didn’t have much time to sightsee around Oslo as the girls were pretty tired and we were all hungry, but the half a mile walk to our hotel...
- Why it is Important to Blog for Yourself 3 months ago I haven’t explained in detail why I took a year off of blogging/social media/promotion, but it comes down to the fact that life took me other ways. I was also incredibly burnt out by constantly checking stats, making sure I posted my Instagram during the ‘right’ hours, and staying on top...
- Staycation at Hilton Palacio Del Rio 4 months ago I don’t know about you, but I find that sometimes staycations are a bit more glamorous and restful than actual vacations. Is it the fact that you don’t actually have to travel anywhere? Is it the fact that you already know the area and the best location to stay in? Or is it simply the fact...
- Oh Hi, We Moved to Germany 4 months ago It’s been a while since I’ve done a personal update on our lives. As many of you know, I basically took the last year off from blogging (posts were VERY few and far between). I have plenty of destinations, pictures, and advice to share, but after moving back to the U.S.A., Derik and I got...
Contest Entries »
- A Life Unexpected Expat Culture Shock I’ll never forget my first night of living in a foreign country. My husband and I had packed up our life in eight bags and headed out for the greatest adventure we’ve had together. South Korea was our destination, and to be honest, I didn’t...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Korea South Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Living in Another Language
19:05 PM December 08, 2012
Whether its hilarious anecdotes about living in a foreign country, thoughtful pieces about what its like to live far from home, or gorgeous, exotic photos of the wildlife, culture and sites of E Asia - this blog has it all!
06:12 AM December 10, 2012
I stumbled upon this blog through expatsblog.com, and I love it! This girl has great ideas and ways to make living abroad an easy challenge to conquer. It's an easy and fun read.
06:20 AM December 10, 2012
This blog is an excellent personal insight into a slice of life living as a foreigner in S. Korea, the variety of interesting pieces and beautiful pictures make this a must follow.
08:03 AM December 10, 2012
Wonderful blog!!! I love getting a glimpse into your new life as a "foreigner". I've enjoyed reading every post as they come! I definitely think this blog has all the qualifications to win the blog award :)
08:31 AM December 10, 2012
This blog is an amazing insight into life overseas. I really enjoy the photography as well.