Living in Another Language
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Lunar Eclipse 1 day ago I meant to write this post shortly after October 8th, but time got away from me. October 8th was a significant day for two reasons, one being the lunar eclipse (blood moon) that happened late in the evening (my time) or maybe early morning yours. The second significance? It was my 26th birthday. I...
- Things are a Little Different Around Here (+GIVEAWAY) 5 days ago Living in Another Language is growing, changing, and becoming the blog I want it to be. For a while now I’ve had this business plan in the back of my head about which direction I want LIAL to go and want to start thinking about the future. In the past I’ve just posted about whatever the heck...
- 10 Tips to Improve Your Photography 6 days ago Alt title: How to rock the socks off of whatever you take pictures with. Disclaimer: I can’t tell you how to be an instantly awesome photographer. It doesn’t happen overnight (unless your born with it, which some people naturally are). Just like any art form, you’ve got to learn it, study...
- Minus 5 Ice Bar, Queenstown 1 week ago You never know what you’ll stumble into while taking a walk around town. During our first trip to Queenstown we thoroughly enjoyed three days in the self-proclaimed ‘adventure capital of the world,’ and spent most of our time outdoors. That is, until we found the Minus 5 Ice Bar located...
- Rain Boots or Wellies? 2 weeks ago Gumboots or Galoshes? Why are there so many names for a simple pair of boots made of rubber? This is one of the many things I think about on a daily basis. I have a weird mind. I’m also quickly discovering that some of the words I learned growing up mean completely different things on the...
Contest Entries »
- A Life Unexpected Expat Culture Shock I’ll never forget my first night of living in a foreign country. My husband and I had packed up our life in eight bags and headed out for the greatest adventure we’ve had together. South Korea was our destination, and to be honest, I didn’t...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Korea South Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Living in Another Language
19:05 PM December 08, 2012
Whether its hilarious anecdotes about living in a foreign country, thoughtful pieces about what its like to live far from home, or gorgeous, exotic photos of the wildlife, culture and sites of E Asia - this blog has it all!
06:12 AM December 10, 2012
I stumbled upon this blog through expatsblog.com, and I love it! This girl has great ideas and ways to make living abroad an easy challenge to conquer. It's an easy and fun read.
06:20 AM December 10, 2012
This blog is an excellent personal insight into a slice of life living as a foreigner in S. Korea, the variety of interesting pieces and beautiful pictures make this a must follow.
08:03 AM December 10, 2012
Wonderful blog!!! I love getting a glimpse into your new life as a "foreigner". I've enjoyed reading every post as they come! I definitely think this blog has all the qualifications to win the blog award :)
08:31 AM December 10, 2012
This blog is an amazing insight into life overseas. I really enjoy the photography as well.