Living in Another Language
Latest Blog Posts »
- Travel Blogging + Marriage 6 days ago It’s a rainy cold Friday afternoon, and I’m sitting here covered in blankets drinking spiked coffee; just your normal afternoon if you asked me. Some readers may get tricked into thinking I’m living back in the Northern Hemisphere where it is, indeed, almost winter. But nope, I’m sitting...
- Sumiyoshi Taisha Shrine, Osaka, Japan 1 week ago I can’t believe it’s been over a year since our last trip to Japan. Derik and I took a small trip over while were on vacation from teaching in Korea because of the Chuseok holiday. I’ve always meant to post about the gorgeous Sumiyoshi Taisha Shrine, but I never seemed to find the time. So...
- Things I Find Strange About New Zealand 1 week ago I’m sure all my Kiwi readers will pop up in the comments of this post, and my hope is I can give you all great laugh…or at least to crack a smile. The thing is, I’m not from your country, so obviously I’m going to find a few things strange about it, just like you would find strange in the...
- Pearl Harbor 2 weeks ago Since today is Veteran’s Day back in the U.S., it only seemed fitting to post something a bit patriotic. I already wrote from my heart on how I feel about Veteran’s Day on Instagram, and from reading that you’ll know I am very proud of our enlisted: past, present, and future. If you haven’t...
- Five things you should do before you start traveling 2 weeks ago 1. Get the larger passport book. There’s probably a 50% chance that before you move abroad or start your international travels, you’ll need to renew or apply for a passport. The standard issue passport book comes with 17 exit/entry visa pages, but believe it or not, there is an...
Contest Entries »
- A Life Unexpected Expat Culture Shock I’ll never forget my first night of living in a foreign country. My husband and I had packed up our life in eight bags and headed out for the greatest adventure we’ve had together. South Korea was our destination, and to be honest, I didn’t...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Korea South Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Korea South!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Living in Another Language
19:05 PM December 08, 2012
Whether its hilarious anecdotes about living in a foreign country, thoughtful pieces about what its like to live far from home, or gorgeous, exotic photos of the wildlife, culture and sites of E Asia - this blog has it all!
06:12 AM December 10, 2012
I stumbled upon this blog through expatsblog.com, and I love it! This girl has great ideas and ways to make living abroad an easy challenge to conquer. It's an easy and fun read.
06:20 AM December 10, 2012
This blog is an excellent personal insight into a slice of life living as a foreigner in S. Korea, the variety of interesting pieces and beautiful pictures make this a must follow.
08:03 AM December 10, 2012
Wonderful blog!!! I love getting a glimpse into your new life as a "foreigner". I've enjoyed reading every post as they come! I definitely think this blog has all the qualifications to win the blog award :)
08:31 AM December 10, 2012
This blog is an amazing insight into life overseas. I really enjoy the photography as well.