Amor y Sabor
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Expat Persona 1 week ago Recently, I was contacted by HiFX and asked to contribute to their expat tip campaign. Even though technically, I am no longer an expat, I still feel like one and it caused me to think about what exactly is the “expat persona”, ie., what are the qualities in a person that cause...
- Food as an Expression of Love 1 week ago The 14th was Valentine’s Day, when lovers old and new celebrated their love. Many celebrations included a special meal prepared by one lover for another. As an avid home cook, I subscribe to numerous cooking magazines and each one featured sumptuous recipes to woo with on Valentine’s Day. (I,...
- Karmic Return 3 weeks ago Above: A picture of Karan’s mother when she got married. Her stern look has always frightened me. After a stressful summer I thought I had put all the drama in India behind us. This past week we learned that was not the case. Karma, is a concept that originated in India and...
- 5 Healthful Ways to Stretch Your Food Budget 2 months ago Times are tough for many and food often is one of the higher costs in ones budget. So it is to be expected when one needs to economize, the food budget is the easiest ones to adjust. Only problem is that how most people stretch their budget is by buying poorer quality,...
- The Teetering Stove 3 months ago I recently had an experience here in Miami that reminded me so much of my life in the Dominican Republic that I simply have to share. As I have written about in previous posts, moving to Miami has been an adventure for many reasons but one in particular is that the house...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Dominican Republic Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Dominican Republic!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Amor y Sabor
14:27 PM November 15, 2012
In all aspects a fabulous rendering of the heart! Pure joy to read and to experience life through your eyes.
03:06 AM November 16, 2012
Only 5 stars?? I would like to give it more! Eliza has an insight and a compassion that make me so look forward to her next blog. She is a gifted writer, lyrical and poetic, observant and thoughtful. It is a joy to share her experiences.ty
17:14 PM December 03, 2012
This is a fascinating and fun blog and has great insights and advice for anyone trying to navigate the frustrating issues surrounding immigration!!!
17:25 PM December 03, 2012
This blog is well written, interesting and very very real! It captures the essence of the intercultural relationship, the essence of living in the DR and Living in the USA! And of course it captures the flavor of it all!!!!
22:28 PM December 03, 2012
It has been a pleasure frequenting Amor-y-sabor blog and getting to know the experiences of a cross cultural family; adjusting and being open to other's lifestyle and points of view. Very engrossing
20:12 PM December 07, 2012
I like it.
16:25 PM December 10, 2012
Well-written, entertaining and provides a perspective of America many of us never get to see. Love this blog!