Amor y Sabor
Latest Blog Posts »
- Go, Don't Go 2 days ago Above, statues on a temple in a village in India. My last post started with the reference to two days and here I am again. This time it is two days from now that Karan embarks to a visit to his home country of India. Since my last post I had envisioned...
- What I Doing? 2 weeks ago Above: Karan and Marcos catch a fish. Recently I received a comment on my blog saying how, as a couple, Karan and I were very resilient. Such a good word and very true. We faced so many obstacles to be together and the immigration process was just one part. Other factors were...
- Minimizing Cancer Treatment Side Effects Through Nutrition 3 weeks ago When you are first diagnosed with cancer, you realize you are in for the fight of your life. Then come the treatments that can be very exhausting. When you are in such a serious fight, you will want all the weapons at your disposal. The doctors have done their part. But there...
- Love's Witness 1 month ago Yesterday we went to the Indian market as a family. It is a trip we take about one a month where we stock up on all things Indian from spices to legumes, flours and vegetables, hair oil and incense. I discovered the market within a few months after I moved back to...
- The Price of Privilege 2 months ago Above: Circa 2009, Elsa and Marcos after receiving a present from their Nana — it didn’t take much to make them happy. The other day Karan and I saw something on the news about the Dominican Republic. We saw a picture of a rainy, flooded street and it brought back a rush...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Dominican Republic!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Amor y Sabor
14:27 PM November 15, 2012
In all aspects a fabulous rendering of the heart! Pure joy to read and to experience life through your eyes.
03:06 AM November 16, 2012
Only 5 stars?? I would like to give it more! Eliza has an insight and a compassion that make me so look forward to her next blog. She is a gifted writer, lyrical and poetic, observant and thoughtful. It is a joy to share her experiences.ty
17:14 PM December 03, 2012
This is a fascinating and fun blog and has great insights and advice for anyone trying to navigate the frustrating issues surrounding immigration!!!
17:25 PM December 03, 2012
This blog is well written, interesting and very very real! It captures the essence of the intercultural relationship, the essence of living in the DR and Living in the USA! And of course it captures the flavor of it all!!!!
22:28 PM December 03, 2012
It has been a pleasure frequenting Amor-y-sabor blog and getting to know the experiences of a cross cultural family; adjusting and being open to other's lifestyle and points of view. Very engrossing
20:12 PM December 07, 2012
I like it.
16:25 PM December 10, 2012
Well-written, entertaining and provides a perspective of America many of us never get to see. Love this blog!