Amor y Sabor
Latest Blog Posts »
- Raising Superheroes 6 days ago Above: Marcos and Elsa wearing the superhero costumes I made for them. My kids have always loved dressing up. Especially as superheros. Spiderman was my son’s favorite. My kids, my son especially, always loved superheroes. Spiderman was his favorite and still is. We had many Spiderman costumes...
- Love Your Life 2 weeks ago Sometimes life gives you lemons and you have to make lemonade. Sometimes the unthinkable happens and you need to become unsinkable. I don’t mean to be trite but as catchy as these phrases are, sometimes you do just have to “do it”, to put one foot ahead of the other, to move...
- MY DIY Weekend 2 months ago The weekend I decided to tackle a problem that has been bothering me for a couple of months. The brown leather sofa we had bought second hand had started to “shed” off the leather. This is what one of the cushions looked like: I had tried patching it with tape but soon...
- The Urge to Create 3 months ago Above: Recent project, a crocheted lace curtain. Some people are compelled to race cars. Some people are driven to acquire wealth. Even others make it their life’s mission to fight for justice. As the daughter of two fine artist, I am driven by the urge to create. I grew up in a...
- To Cook or Not to Cook 5 months ago It used to be that the question of whether to cook or not to cook was never asked. This is because cooking was not optional, it was necessary for survival, at least it has been since humans evolved from eating raw meat millions of years ago. For once humans learned to cook,...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Dominican Republic Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Dominican Republic!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Amor y Sabor
14:27 PM November 15, 2012
In all aspects a fabulous rendering of the heart! Pure joy to read and to experience life through your eyes.
03:06 AM November 16, 2012
Only 5 stars?? I would like to give it more! Eliza has an insight and a compassion that make me so look forward to her next blog. She is a gifted writer, lyrical and poetic, observant and thoughtful. It is a joy to share her experiences.ty
17:14 PM December 03, 2012
This is a fascinating and fun blog and has great insights and advice for anyone trying to navigate the frustrating issues surrounding immigration!!!
17:25 PM December 03, 2012
This blog is well written, interesting and very very real! It captures the essence of the intercultural relationship, the essence of living in the DR and Living in the USA! And of course it captures the flavor of it all!!!!
22:28 PM December 03, 2012
It has been a pleasure frequenting Amor-y-sabor blog and getting to know the experiences of a cross cultural family; adjusting and being open to other's lifestyle and points of view. Very engrossing
20:12 PM December 07, 2012
I like it.
16:25 PM December 10, 2012
Well-written, entertaining and provides a perspective of America many of us never get to see. Love this blog!