Amor y Sabor
Latest Blog Posts »
- Let Children Sing 22 hours ago Above: A chorus performance at the summer recital for the African Heritage Cultural Arts Center in Miami, Florida. My daughter Elsa is the third from the right. This summer my children had the opportunity to participate in an amazing performing arts summer camp held by the African Heritage Cultural...
- How I Learned to Love Cooking 2 weeks ago Above: Jars of colorful spices [image source] I love to cook. I love it so much that not only do I cook nearly every day, but it actually causes me discomfort to eat food I didn’t prepare. Crazy I know. I read about cooking, I watch videos and I write as much...
- Soup is So Easy 2 months ago Soup used to intimidate me. I have always cooked but only in the last couple of years have I felt comfortable with making soup. The irony is that soup is one of the easiest things to cook once you understand the basics. Once you learn them you will never want to open...
- Learn Another Language 2 months ago Above: I borrowed this image from this Facebook profile. I wished they taught still taught Latin in all schools. When I was a kid I didn’t start learning another language until high school which was French. I chose French because as a child I had spent quite a bit of time in...
- World Love (Open Our Borders) 2 months ago Above: [Image Source] I find it interesting that the 2014 World Cup, which has reached a record number of viewers, is being played amidst an immigration crisis in the United States. The timing is almost poetic. As we Americans begin to embrace a world sporting event, one which in the past we...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Dominican Republic Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Dominican Republic!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Amor y Sabor
14:27 PM November 15, 2012
In all aspects a fabulous rendering of the heart! Pure joy to read and to experience life through your eyes.
03:06 AM November 16, 2012
Only 5 stars?? I would like to give it more! Eliza has an insight and a compassion that make me so look forward to her next blog. She is a gifted writer, lyrical and poetic, observant and thoughtful. It is a joy to share her experiences.ty
17:14 PM December 03, 2012
This is a fascinating and fun blog and has great insights and advice for anyone trying to navigate the frustrating issues surrounding immigration!!!
17:25 PM December 03, 2012
This blog is well written, interesting and very very real! It captures the essence of the intercultural relationship, the essence of living in the DR and Living in the USA! And of course it captures the flavor of it all!!!!
22:28 PM December 03, 2012
It has been a pleasure frequenting Amor-y-sabor blog and getting to know the experiences of a cross cultural family; adjusting and being open to other's lifestyle and points of view. Very engrossing
20:12 PM December 07, 2012
I like it.
16:25 PM December 10, 2012
Well-written, entertaining and provides a perspective of America many of us never get to see. Love this blog!