Amor y Sabor
Latest Blog Posts »
- Becoming Role Models 3 days ago Above: The boys of the 2014 5000 Role Models clue at WJ Bryan Elementary take the pledge not to do drugs, carry firearms or wear their pants below the waist. Our boys are in trouble these days, especially so if they come from poor homes, especially if their skin is dark, even...
- Mango Molasses Corn Cakes 1 week ago This recipe is a Caribbean twist on traditional pancakes. If mango is not available, peaches would make a good swap. Mango Molasses Corn Cakes Print Prep time 15 mins Cook time 15 mins Total time 30 mins A delicious alternative to traditional pancakes. Author: CreativEliza Recipe type:...
- Confessions of a Cougar 2 weeks ago Today is my birthday. I turn forty-___, well lets just leave it at that. I’m not embarrassed by my age at all but I just don’t like define myself by a number. So I thought of this provocative title for this post to achieve just that: provoke. I don’t consider myself a...
- Fiesta Latina in North Miami 1 month ago Above: Dominican dancers in front of Alcazar de Colon (Columbus’ palace) in Santo Domingo. Last Saturday was a busy day, as Saturdays usually are. We spent the afternoon bike riding in the park after running some errands, waiting for my son to finish Science Camp. Then we loaded all the bikes...
- Through Indian Eyes 1 month ago Above: Krisna statue, photo courtesy of and all quotes below from Atanu Deb For me, photography is capturing the lost moments from your perspective… One of the benefits of writing a blog with international subject matter is that I’ve made some international connections. One of them is, in many...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Dominican Republic Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Dominican Republic!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Amor y Sabor
14:27 PM November 15, 2012
In all aspects a fabulous rendering of the heart! Pure joy to read and to experience life through your eyes.
03:06 AM November 16, 2012
Only 5 stars?? I would like to give it more! Eliza has an insight and a compassion that make me so look forward to her next blog. She is a gifted writer, lyrical and poetic, observant and thoughtful. It is a joy to share her experiences.ty
17:14 PM December 03, 2012
This is a fascinating and fun blog and has great insights and advice for anyone trying to navigate the frustrating issues surrounding immigration!!!
17:25 PM December 03, 2012
This blog is well written, interesting and very very real! It captures the essence of the intercultural relationship, the essence of living in the DR and Living in the USA! And of course it captures the flavor of it all!!!!
22:28 PM December 03, 2012
It has been a pleasure frequenting Amor-y-sabor blog and getting to know the experiences of a cross cultural family; adjusting and being open to other's lifestyle and points of view. Very engrossing
20:12 PM December 07, 2012
I like it.
16:25 PM December 10, 2012
Well-written, entertaining and provides a perspective of America many of us never get to see. Love this blog!