Amor y Sabor
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Poetry Process 1 day ago This year I have challenged myself to write a poem a day. My challenge was in response to a challenge my mother began in 2016, and continued this year, to produce a drawing a day. Poetry seemed a more suitable challenge to me. This morning I completed day 86 on my morning...
- day 86 1 day ago spring now fully in session flowering trees overwhelmed by blooms some petals falling due to the burden of their beauty wildflowers sprung up from the ground alertly following the sun decorating random patches of grass with splotches of color earth now raucous with festive sounds as birds,...
- arise (day 85) 1 day ago darkness engulfed the beauty of the light; despairing its loss, some abandoned hope, others colluded with the night, while a few held true the beautiful remained, deeply hidden from view awaiting its time to shine once again thus the few were not startled when its brilliance burst forth their...
- day 84 2 days ago sleep still possesses me as i obligingly take my walk; like a fugitive it escaped, for hours in the night while i wrestled with bed covers, helplessly trying to recapture night’s elusive slumber. at last it returned unannounced, slipping in like a hand in a pocket, pulling me deep into dream’s...
- my child (day 83) 3 days ago i grew you through deep desire from belly to breast cherishing your fragility you clung to me while i kissed your tears embraced your misgivings with my unending love you taught me to dream in the daytime, play without purpose, marvel at ordinary things now you are walking with true intent,...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Dominican Republic Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Dominican Republic!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Amor y Sabor
14:27 PM November 15, 2012
In all aspects a fabulous rendering of the heart! Pure joy to read and to experience life through your eyes.
03:06 AM November 16, 2012
Only 5 stars?? I would like to give it more! Eliza has an insight and a compassion that make me so look forward to her next blog. She is a gifted writer, lyrical and poetic, observant and thoughtful. It is a joy to share her experiences.ty
17:14 PM December 03, 2012
This is a fascinating and fun blog and has great insights and advice for anyone trying to navigate the frustrating issues surrounding immigration!!!
17:25 PM December 03, 2012
This blog is well written, interesting and very very real! It captures the essence of the intercultural relationship, the essence of living in the DR and Living in the USA! And of course it captures the flavor of it all!!!!
22:28 PM December 03, 2012
It has been a pleasure frequenting Amor-y-sabor blog and getting to know the experiences of a cross cultural family; adjusting and being open to other's lifestyle and points of view. Very engrossing
20:12 PM December 07, 2012
I like it.
16:25 PM December 10, 2012
Well-written, entertaining and provides a perspective of America many of us never get to see. Love this blog!