Amor y Sabor
Latest Blog Posts »
- day 173 23 hours ago the burden of rage is a gift i’ve been given, from a father too wounded to think of another. though, i have muffled, the anger inside me, i know i have given some of it too. we parents aren’t perfect, we feel all the pain of parents before us and our children...
- day 172 1 day ago as i stand taller in the shoes i have chosen and embrace the self i have become. i walk without knowing where i am going but finally accepting from where i have come. 6.22.17
- day 171 2 days ago the morning is soft, the sun still gentle, forgiving. i sit in a quiet house eagerly devouring the silence like a forbidden fruit. all are asleep, perhaps dreaming, without desire for more. no struggle for my attention, nor needs to fulfill. i simply sip my bitter coffee, guide my pen, and relax....
- my girl (day 170) 3 days ago a smile so sweet it stings your tongue; she looks at you with sapphire eyes hypnotic innocence of the impact her beauty has. as she grows she lengthens tall and lean graceful like a gazelle, with the ferocity of a feral cat whose aggression hides a deeper pain of abandonment. surrounded by...
- fathers (day 169) 4 days ago on a day for fathers, there are none, in my world. no stubble chin, strong arms, baseballs thrown, hugs that lift you off the ground… larger than life, always safe, invincible, but not here. 6.18.17
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Dominican Republic Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Dominican Republic!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Amor y Sabor
14:27 PM November 15, 2012
In all aspects a fabulous rendering of the heart! Pure joy to read and to experience life through your eyes.
03:06 AM November 16, 2012
Only 5 stars?? I would like to give it more! Eliza has an insight and a compassion that make me so look forward to her next blog. She is a gifted writer, lyrical and poetic, observant and thoughtful. It is a joy to share her experiences.ty
17:14 PM December 03, 2012
This is a fascinating and fun blog and has great insights and advice for anyone trying to navigate the frustrating issues surrounding immigration!!!
17:25 PM December 03, 2012
This blog is well written, interesting and very very real! It captures the essence of the intercultural relationship, the essence of living in the DR and Living in the USA! And of course it captures the flavor of it all!!!!
22:28 PM December 03, 2012
It has been a pleasure frequenting Amor-y-sabor blog and getting to know the experiences of a cross cultural family; adjusting and being open to other's lifestyle and points of view. Very engrossing
20:12 PM December 07, 2012
I like it.
16:25 PM December 10, 2012
Well-written, entertaining and provides a perspective of America many of us never get to see. Love this blog!