Amor y Sabor
Latest Blog Posts »
- Open Your Heart 2 days ago Have you ever seen a toddler run over to a complete stranger and hug them? It’s quite common actually because a child’s heart is open — it feels the beauty or the pain in others and is too young to sensor these feelings, so, without warning, may feel compelled to embrace a...
- The Appetite of the Everglades 2 weeks ago Last weekend we took an airboat tour through the Everglades. The trip was a belated birthday present for my son. I have decided I’d rather give experiences instead of stuff — we have enough stuff. The tour was at Everglades Safari Park which is just one of many places that offer this...
- The Whites of Their Eyes 3 weeks ago Above: Photo © David X Young My father was an artist, as as such, felt that his sheer talent should merit him benefits. He took his art very seriously so he was not afraid of hard work as it related to his craft, but the idea of working a “straight” job was...
- Dosai Masala, Indian Comfort Food 1 month ago Pronounced “dough-sigh” This is one of my favorite meals, a true comfort food. It is not hard to make, just takes planning to soak ahead. Dosai Masala, Indian Comfort Food Prep time 26 hours Cook time 40 mins Total time 26 hours 40 mins Lentil Rice Pankcakes with Potato Curry Author:...
- Miami Does It Different 2 months ago I moved to Miami 2 1/2 months ago and I’m still settling in. In many ways I still don’t feel like I’m really here. Mostly this is because I am only just starting to connect with the community. I have been working freelance (graphic design) in Fort Lauderdale. The office is small,...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Dominican Republic Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Dominican Republic!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Amor y Sabor
14:27 PM November 15, 2012
In all aspects a fabulous rendering of the heart! Pure joy to read and to experience life through your eyes.
03:06 AM November 16, 2012
Only 5 stars?? I would like to give it more! Eliza has an insight and a compassion that make me so look forward to her next blog. She is a gifted writer, lyrical and poetic, observant and thoughtful. It is a joy to share her experiences.ty
17:14 PM December 03, 2012
This is a fascinating and fun blog and has great insights and advice for anyone trying to navigate the frustrating issues surrounding immigration!!!
17:25 PM December 03, 2012
This blog is well written, interesting and very very real! It captures the essence of the intercultural relationship, the essence of living in the DR and Living in the USA! And of course it captures the flavor of it all!!!!
22:28 PM December 03, 2012
It has been a pleasure frequenting Amor-y-sabor blog and getting to know the experiences of a cross cultural family; adjusting and being open to other's lifestyle and points of view. Very engrossing
20:12 PM December 07, 2012
I like it.
16:25 PM December 10, 2012
Well-written, entertaining and provides a perspective of America many of us never get to see. Love this blog!