Amor y Sabor
Latest Blog Posts »
- Tang of Tamarind 1 day ago Tamarind is a fruit that is widely used in Indian, Caribbean and East Asian cooking but foreign to most cooks in North America. The fruit has a fleshy, juicy, acidulous pulp. It is mature when the flesh is colored brown or reddish-brown. The fruit pulp is edible. The hard green pulp of...
- To Honor Our Love 3 weeks ago Two weeks ago we held a wedding to celebrate 6 years together and to honor the love that seemed at first unlikely to succeed. Although I have been married before, I never had a wedding or held any event such as this, one with catered food, fancy clothes, drinks, decorations and a...
- I Won't Be Skinny for my Wedding but I Don't Care 2 months ago In less than 2 weeks I’ll be married. Well, technically, I’m already married but that was just for the visa. When we legally married it was in Santo Domingo at a Justice of the Peace with couple of friends. Our event will mark 6 years from our first date and will be...
- Marriage Equality? Not Quite 3 months ago Photo from the article Changing The Conversation On Immigration Reform This week marked a month before our wedding/renewal of vows and the details are all coming together so it’s getting very exciting. This week also saw one of the most historic decisions regarding marriage when the Supreme Court...
- Go Nuts! 3 months ago Above image borrowed from HealthHomie. These days it’s actually a good idea to go nuts, by incorporating nuts into your diet that is. Eating nuts as part of a healthy diet can be good for your heart. — Mayo Clinic While there are many different type of nuts that are beneficial such...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Dominican Republic Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Dominican Republic!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Amor y Sabor
14:27 PM November 15, 2012
In all aspects a fabulous rendering of the heart! Pure joy to read and to experience life through your eyes.
03:06 AM November 16, 2012
Only 5 stars?? I would like to give it more! Eliza has an insight and a compassion that make me so look forward to her next blog. She is a gifted writer, lyrical and poetic, observant and thoughtful. It is a joy to share her experiences.ty
17:14 PM December 03, 2012
This is a fascinating and fun blog and has great insights and advice for anyone trying to navigate the frustrating issues surrounding immigration!!!
17:25 PM December 03, 2012
This blog is well written, interesting and very very real! It captures the essence of the intercultural relationship, the essence of living in the DR and Living in the USA! And of course it captures the flavor of it all!!!!
22:28 PM December 03, 2012
It has been a pleasure frequenting Amor-y-sabor blog and getting to know the experiences of a cross cultural family; adjusting and being open to other's lifestyle and points of view. Very engrossing
20:12 PM December 07, 2012
I like it.
16:25 PM December 10, 2012
Well-written, entertaining and provides a perspective of America many of us never get to see. Love this blog!