Amor y Sabor
Latest Blog Posts »
- The English Student 1 week ago Above: Karan’s notebook with his vocabulary words with Tamil translation written in its alphabet. It has been 2.5 months since Karan triumphantly returned from India, after so much stress and drama. We had hoped to move quickly down to Miami and begin the new chapter of our life together. Alas,...
- Upside Down & Backwards — Lessons Learned from the Third World 2 weeks ago Above: Decorative gate in the Zona Colonial, Santo Domingo. Living in the Third World taught me so much, it shaped me into the woman I am today. I have mentioned numerous times in posts before that I believe every one living in the Developed World should spend at least 3 months living...
- InterNations, Connecting Global Minds 3 weeks ago Recently, Amor y Sabor was added to the InterNations community of expatriate blogs for the Dominican Republic. If you are not familiar with InterNations, I encourage you to become so, especially if you are interested in other cultures, and as a reader of this blog it is safe to say you are....
- Three Gluten-Free 1 month ago Above: Gluten-Free Pancakes When it comes to food trends, I consider myself a moderate. I grew up with a food radical, my mother, who, god bless her, was in eternal search for dietary nirvana, willing to abandon one way of eating for another if she read of some health benefits in the...
- Three Years of Love... (and Flavor) 1 month ago Above: We took this picture in Miami when we went to look for a place to live. Three years ago, on October 30th, 2010, I started this blog without any fanfare. It was my second attempt at a blog, the first time was when I was living in the Dominican Republic. My...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Dominican Republic Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Dominican Republic!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Amor y Sabor
14:27 PM November 15, 2012
In all aspects a fabulous rendering of the heart! Pure joy to read and to experience life through your eyes.
03:06 AM November 16, 2012
Only 5 stars?? I would like to give it more! Eliza has an insight and a compassion that make me so look forward to her next blog. She is a gifted writer, lyrical and poetic, observant and thoughtful. It is a joy to share her experiences.ty
17:14 PM December 03, 2012
This is a fascinating and fun blog and has great insights and advice for anyone trying to navigate the frustrating issues surrounding immigration!!!
17:25 PM December 03, 2012
This blog is well written, interesting and very very real! It captures the essence of the intercultural relationship, the essence of living in the DR and Living in the USA! And of course it captures the flavor of it all!!!!
22:28 PM December 03, 2012
It has been a pleasure frequenting Amor-y-sabor blog and getting to know the experiences of a cross cultural family; adjusting and being open to other's lifestyle and points of view. Very engrossing
20:12 PM December 07, 2012
I like it.
16:25 PM December 10, 2012
Well-written, entertaining and provides a perspective of America many of us never get to see. Love this blog!