Amor y Sabor
Latest Blog Posts »
- Nurturing a Free-Spirited Child 1 week ago On this Mother’s Day, I reflect on what is in many ways the hardest job in the world: raising a child. This day, Mother’s Day, honors that effort, for it is mothers that often have the most impact on a child’s future and they unfortunately many times have to do it alone....
- Let Them Eat Cake! 1 month ago I have been writing a lot of reflective posts lately and one of my readers asked for an update on how everything is going for us. Since the drama of the visa and travels are over, well, there hasn’t been much to write about in terms of our relationship. Things these days...
- The End of Eating Everything 1 month ago I saw this sign in a store window in Miami and took a picture. Recently it occurred to me that this phrase pretty much sums up our current state of nutrition. With the onslaught of posts circulating through social media about what is healthy and unhealthy, often with the information contradicting,...
- The Underdog 2 months ago Above: Image from the Underdog cartoon. [Source] I have always believed in supporting the underdog. Perhaps I have identified too much with the David and Goliath story or maybe it is because in many ways I have often been the underdog. For whatever reason, I gravitate towards those who need more...
- More Freedom = Greater Risk 2 months ago Above: Photo by Joe Philpson, borrowed here. I’m entering a new phase, one where the building and the striving are behind me and the refinement and adjustment towards the attainment of what I truly desire is within reach. Recently I lost a full-time contract I had for 10 months. The decision...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Dominican Republic Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Dominican Republic!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Amor y Sabor
14:27 PM November 15, 2012
In all aspects a fabulous rendering of the heart! Pure joy to read and to experience life through your eyes.
03:06 AM November 16, 2012
Only 5 stars?? I would like to give it more! Eliza has an insight and a compassion that make me so look forward to her next blog. She is a gifted writer, lyrical and poetic, observant and thoughtful. It is a joy to share her experiences.ty
17:14 PM December 03, 2012
This is a fascinating and fun blog and has great insights and advice for anyone trying to navigate the frustrating issues surrounding immigration!!!
17:25 PM December 03, 2012
This blog is well written, interesting and very very real! It captures the essence of the intercultural relationship, the essence of living in the DR and Living in the USA! And of course it captures the flavor of it all!!!!
22:28 PM December 03, 2012
It has been a pleasure frequenting Amor-y-sabor blog and getting to know the experiences of a cross cultural family; adjusting and being open to other's lifestyle and points of view. Very engrossing
20:12 PM December 07, 2012
I like it.
16:25 PM December 10, 2012
Well-written, entertaining and provides a perspective of America many of us never get to see. Love this blog!