Amor y Sabor
Latest Blog Posts »
- 50 Shades of Black 12 hours ago Featured Image: School children in the Dominican Republic demonstrate the range of skin tones present in that country. [Source] Sorry to disappoint, but this post has nothing to do with the book or subsequent movie of the similar name. Just a shameless ploy I am afraid, using the play on words to...
- Lure of Consumption 2 months ago The Christmas season approaches and, even more importantly for some, the Black Friday shopping frenzy. We have all heard of the phenomenon of people waiting in line for hours even days for the best deals, rushing in like a stampede of bulls into the store, angrily staking claim to the discounted...
- The Age of Kali 2 months ago Above: Kali, the Hindu goddess of destruction. [Source] Last week we had an election here in the United States, one which was a resounding defeat to those with liberal sentiments (myself included) and an affirmation of conservative ones. Now let me state right off that this is not a political post....
- Multicultural Love 2 months ago It’s hard enough to make any relationship work it seems with the pressures of every day life, with the fact that we all grow and change. So it seems, therefore, that trying to make a relationship work that also crosses different cultures, especially radically different cultures with a language...
- Becoming Role Models 2 months ago Above: The boys of the 2014 5000 Role Models clue at WJ Bryan Elementary take the pledge not to do drugs, carry firearms or wear their pants below the waist. Our boys are in trouble these days, especially so if they come from poor homes, especially if their skin is dark, even...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Dominican Republic Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Dominican Republic!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Amor y Sabor
14:27 PM November 15, 2012
In all aspects a fabulous rendering of the heart! Pure joy to read and to experience life through your eyes.
03:06 AM November 16, 2012
Only 5 stars?? I would like to give it more! Eliza has an insight and a compassion that make me so look forward to her next blog. She is a gifted writer, lyrical and poetic, observant and thoughtful. It is a joy to share her experiences.ty
17:14 PM December 03, 2012
This is a fascinating and fun blog and has great insights and advice for anyone trying to navigate the frustrating issues surrounding immigration!!!
17:25 PM December 03, 2012
This blog is well written, interesting and very very real! It captures the essence of the intercultural relationship, the essence of living in the DR and Living in the USA! And of course it captures the flavor of it all!!!!
22:28 PM December 03, 2012
It has been a pleasure frequenting Amor-y-sabor blog and getting to know the experiences of a cross cultural family; adjusting and being open to other's lifestyle and points of view. Very engrossing
20:12 PM December 07, 2012
I like it.
16:25 PM December 10, 2012
Well-written, entertaining and provides a perspective of America many of us never get to see. Love this blog!