Amor y Sabor
Latest Blog Posts »
- Tactile Traditions 1 week ago Above: Potholder fiber art. [Source] We live in the age of the touchscreen, of the portable phone, of information at our fingertips, yet other than liking, clicking or selecting, we don’t really use our hands for much anymore. We use our fingers to press the buttons on the microwave to cook our...
- The Long Winding Road 1 month ago This is how my life has been lately… I started to write this about a week ago “I haven’t written for a while I know and” when there was a computer problem and I had to stop. The next night I tried writing in bed and wrote “I begin this before bed...
- september eleven 2 months ago rousing to a sonic boom i confuse it with the daily rumble of the traffic on canal emerging from the holland tunnel myself, wrapped in bedcovers warm rolled, regarding window view twin towers in their testament of global commerce gone askew 8:45, eyes still blurred drugged down from dark and...
- Strengthening Family Bonds with More Laughter 2 months ago Many people wonder if there are particular strategies that we can use to maintain a happy family, and while there are some things that you will find across the board, there are actually plenty of ways that will help your family create stronger ties between each other. But ultimately the secret to...
- Tang of Tamarind 3 months ago Tamarind is a fruit that is widely used in Indian, Caribbean and East Asian cooking but foreign to most cooks in North America. The fruit has a fleshy, juicy, acidulous pulp. It is mature when the flesh is colored brown or reddish-brown. The fruit pulp is edible. The hard green pulp of...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Dominican Republic Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Dominican Republic!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Amor y Sabor
14:27 PM November 15, 2012
In all aspects a fabulous rendering of the heart! Pure joy to read and to experience life through your eyes.
03:06 AM November 16, 2012
Only 5 stars?? I would like to give it more! Eliza has an insight and a compassion that make me so look forward to her next blog. She is a gifted writer, lyrical and poetic, observant and thoughtful. It is a joy to share her experiences.ty
17:14 PM December 03, 2012
This is a fascinating and fun blog and has great insights and advice for anyone trying to navigate the frustrating issues surrounding immigration!!!
17:25 PM December 03, 2012
This blog is well written, interesting and very very real! It captures the essence of the intercultural relationship, the essence of living in the DR and Living in the USA! And of course it captures the flavor of it all!!!!
22:28 PM December 03, 2012
It has been a pleasure frequenting Amor-y-sabor blog and getting to know the experiences of a cross cultural family; adjusting and being open to other's lifestyle and points of view. Very engrossing
20:12 PM December 07, 2012
I like it.
16:25 PM December 10, 2012
Well-written, entertaining and provides a perspective of America many of us never get to see. Love this blog!