Amor y Sabor
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Underdog 5 hours ago Above: Image from the Underdog cartoon. [Source] I have always believed in supporting the underdog. Perhaps I have identified too much with the David and Goliath story or maybe it is because in many ways I have often been the underdog. For whatever reason, I gravitate towards those who need more...
- More Freedom = Greater Risk 2 weeks ago Above: Photo by Joe Philpson, borrowed here. I’m entering a new phase, one where the building and the striving are behind me and the refinement and adjustment towards the attainment of what I truly desire is within reach. Recently I lost a full-time contract I had for 10 months. The decision...
- The Elephant in the Room 4 weeks ago Image adapted from this one. The other day I had a physical, a new occurrence actually since until this year I never had health insurance. I’m in good health thankfully so being self-employed it was never really a necessary expense. But now being the law I have it and since I do,...
- Money is not an Emotion 2 months ago Or should I say “The presence of or lack thereof of money does not warrant an emotional response.” but that would make for a rather wordy title don’t you think? My parents are both fine artists. Considering that they are not famous, it is a safe assumption that they never had much...
- The Steeper Slope 2 months ago My husband and I rarely fight. Our relationship is 95% amenable and 5% conflict. Not too bad at all. But that 5% is always dramatic and surprising. This is because we are in many ways an awkward match due to a sizable age difference and completely different cultures. Between the two it...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Dominican Republic Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Dominican Republic!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Amor y Sabor
14:27 PM November 15, 2012
In all aspects a fabulous rendering of the heart! Pure joy to read and to experience life through your eyes.
03:06 AM November 16, 2012
Only 5 stars?? I would like to give it more! Eliza has an insight and a compassion that make me so look forward to her next blog. She is a gifted writer, lyrical and poetic, observant and thoughtful. It is a joy to share her experiences.ty
17:14 PM December 03, 2012
This is a fascinating and fun blog and has great insights and advice for anyone trying to navigate the frustrating issues surrounding immigration!!!
17:25 PM December 03, 2012
This blog is well written, interesting and very very real! It captures the essence of the intercultural relationship, the essence of living in the DR and Living in the USA! And of course it captures the flavor of it all!!!!
22:28 PM December 03, 2012
It has been a pleasure frequenting Amor-y-sabor blog and getting to know the experiences of a cross cultural family; adjusting and being open to other's lifestyle and points of view. Very engrossing
20:12 PM December 07, 2012
I like it.
16:25 PM December 10, 2012
Well-written, entertaining and provides a perspective of America many of us never get to see. Love this blog!