Amor y Sabor
Latest Blog Posts »
- Fiesta Latina in North Miami 2 days ago Above: Dominican dancers in front of Alcazar de Colon (Columbus’ palace) in Santo Domingo. Last Saturday was a busy day, as Saturdays usually are. We spent the afternoon bike riding in the park after running some errands, waiting for my son to finish Science Camp. Then we loaded all the bikes...
- Through Indian Eyes 1 week ago Above: Krisna statue, photo courtesy of and all quotes below from Atanu Deb For me, photography is capturing the lost moments from your perspective… One of the benefits of writing a blog with international subject matter is that I’ve made some international connections. One of them is, in many...
- september eleven 1 week ago rousing to a sonic boom i confuse it with the daily rumble of the traffic on canal emerging from the holland tunnel myself, wrapped in bedcovers warm rolled, regarding window view twin towers in their testament of global commerce gone askew 8:45, eyes still blurred drugged down from dark and...
- Let Children Sing 3 weeks ago Above: A chorus performance at the summer recital for the African Heritage Cultural Arts Center in Miami, Florida. My daughter Elsa is the third from the right. This summer my children had the opportunity to participate in an amazing performing arts summer camp held by the African Heritage Cultural...
- How I Learned to Love Cooking 1 month ago Above: Jars of colorful spices [image source] I love to cook. I love it so much that not only do I cook nearly every day, but it actually causes me discomfort to eat food I didn’t prepare. Crazy I know. I read about cooking, I watch videos and I write as much...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Dominican Republic Bronze Award!
This blog won the Bronze Award for best expat blog in Dominican Republic!Copy and paste code to display the Bronze Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 7 reviews on Amor y Sabor
14:27 PM November 15, 2012
In all aspects a fabulous rendering of the heart! Pure joy to read and to experience life through your eyes.
03:06 AM November 16, 2012
Only 5 stars?? I would like to give it more! Eliza has an insight and a compassion that make me so look forward to her next blog. She is a gifted writer, lyrical and poetic, observant and thoughtful. It is a joy to share her experiences.ty
17:14 PM December 03, 2012
This is a fascinating and fun blog and has great insights and advice for anyone trying to navigate the frustrating issues surrounding immigration!!!
17:25 PM December 03, 2012
This blog is well written, interesting and very very real! It captures the essence of the intercultural relationship, the essence of living in the DR and Living in the USA! And of course it captures the flavor of it all!!!!
22:28 PM December 03, 2012
It has been a pleasure frequenting Amor-y-sabor blog and getting to know the experiences of a cross cultural family; adjusting and being open to other's lifestyle and points of view. Very engrossing
20:12 PM December 07, 2012
I like it.
16:25 PM December 10, 2012
Well-written, entertaining and provides a perspective of America many of us never get to see. Love this blog!