Latest Blog Posts »
- Fly litle bird, fly 5 days ago How do you know if the job is done? Have I cast her well enough to cope, I worry? “I don’t know how to use a dishwasher” my eldest daughter Melie says. So long as you can wield a bottle a bottle of Sunlight and a sponge I tell her. And she can. African Style. […]
- Looking for Real Africa 2 weeks ago So we drove 1 000 klm at the weekend to deliver The Boy for his internship. He’s at that stage: poised for the real world, teetering, ready to take flight. Less than a year left and he graduates from Uni. He’s garnering experience for his CV. Connecting the dots. His sister is closer than that....
- An Evening Walk 3 weeks ago In the evening I walk. Often I do in the morning too, wrapped up against a veil of mist that shrouds as the lightest rain leaving my skin dewdamp. But the evenings are prettier. And warmer. So that I shed layers as I go. The sun has burned a hole through the cloud which sits low […]
- Needs Must 3 weeks ago I say to Hat, ‘this is good shit’. Hat groans, almost inaudibly. We are on a walk , Pili disobediently strays ahead and vanishes into rows of pruned tea, all we can see of her is her yellow tail wagging furiously above the trimmed green, a submarine’s periscope, an antenna. And we are...
- New Chapters 3 weeks ago If I had logged my life as religiously as I did in the Outpost, would the past 2 ½ years have been easier? Would they feel less like lost time? As if I were running across marbles, slipping, sliding, losing my footing? Had I been able to capture them tidily in properly punctuated paragraphs, would...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Reluctant Memsahib has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!