Latest Blog Posts »
- Where the Grass is Greener 4 months ago Miranda Hart said it in Call The Midwife, ‘I have acres and acres of time’. Like me. I know I should be grateful for all the open-ended hours, should use them wisely. But I’m overwhelmed by them; they loom and taunt, ‘What are you going to do with us all then, hey, hey, […]
- Why This is Home 4 months ago My daughter, writing her dissertation, ‘Never Complete. Never whole. White Skin and an African Soul’, asks me for a quote, ‘Why do you think you’re African’. I tell her, I feel African because everything about this place is familiar from the light, to the seasons, to the rains, the...
- I've moved ... 5 months ago I’ve moved. From Tanzania to Kenya to Zambia to Kenya and back to Tanzania. It seems pertinent, given all that moving and shape changing, that this blog morph in empathy. I’m here now. And here.
- Adventures. With Teeth 7 months ago Every time I walk past their box, the little quail call greedily. It didn’t take them long to learn I equated with food. Despite securing their home with chicken wire, wound taught so that I cut my hands as I wrapped it, there is still the occasional Houdini so that I’m suddenly aware...
- A Timeline 10 months ago An editor once described my works as ‘elliptical and impressionistic’. She meant I meandered and could not pin the facts to the page. I have left kind readers baffled as to my whereabouts. I have even led some to believe that I had been abandoned by Ant. No. Not yet. As I said: it could […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Reluctant Memsahib has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!