Latest Blog Posts »
- A Timeline 2 months ago An editor once described my works as ‘elliptical and impressionistic’. She meant I meandered and could not pin the facts to the page. I have left kind readers baffled as to my whereabouts. I have even led some to believe that I had been abandoned by Ant. No. Not yet. As I said: it could […]
- It Could Be Worse 2 months ago I keep telling myself. It could be worse. It could be worse. It could be. I didn’t think it could be when it ended in tears here. I didn’t’ think it could be when we got here. But it did. It got worse. So now. Now. As I write. With a cold beer at my […]
- What is Failure anyway? 5 months ago By the end of this year I’ll have moved again. That’ll make my fourth trans-Africa move in less than 24 months: Tanzania to Kenya, Kenya to Zambia, Zambia to Kenya and Kenya back to Tanzania. I’ll have called six, or is it seven? eight even? different houses Home. Such movement, such...
- Remembering 5 months ago Dearest A The girls have left to do another interview. I feel safer allowing Amelia go because she is with older, wiser P who speak Swahili with such an easy fluency; she gently chivvies my own daughter along with encouragement and patience. I don’t know how she drags the necessary vocabulary...
- Calm. Karma. 6 months ago A friend has lent me a home. I lent him one. A long, long time ago when I was just a new-mum-to-one. Him. His girlfriend. Their mongoose, called Pepper. And a pig. Which snuffled in the veg patch and feasted on parsley. A friend says, ‘that’s karma for you’. I think she means what goes...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Reluctant Memsahib has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!