Latest Blog Posts »
- The Art of Picking up Dropped Stitches 1 week ago I am trying to separate it out, unknotting strands that become chaotically tangled. Stitches dropped by the stresses I am trying to field. Which do I cultivate intrinsically, cooking up a storm internally so that it’s my doing that my chest constricts and I battle for breath. I focus then....
- Everything and Nothing 3 weeks ago When we walk on the dam, we must drive first. We load the dogs into the back of the car, in a lather of frenzied excitement so that they rush hither and thither to make sure you’re really coming, that you are really gathering up hats and shoes. I almost never wear shoes. The dogs […]
- The Whole Story 2 months ago I have written words about Depression that I had forgotten I had written. I have described madness as being a part of my normality. A part of what defines me. It was there for so long. And even when it wasn’t, palpable reminders remained of this most intangible illness: prescriptions, books,...
- The Rearranging of Celestial Furniture 2 months ago At this time of year, when the rains are here, our night skies can be spectacular. Big banks of cloud that have bulked all afternoon – so that we know the sun that bakes our backs as we walk the garden is the type that conjures storms – huddle on our horizons, bruised and brooding, […]
- Come and Gone 1 month ago Visitors come and visitors go and almost immediately it’s hard to believe they were here at all. My sister C and her youngest arrived a week ago. And left yesterday. They travelled from their African Outpost to mine and the days rushed past in such a blur I cannot now remember what happened from...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Reluctant Memsahib
18:08 PM November 12, 2014
Excellent writing. You are teaching us and sharing your world and thoughts, thank you. Teaching is a wonderful calling. Jesus taught people in His parables. It is wonderful your daughter has chosen to teach, she will bless people and it will return to bless her.