Latest Blog Posts »
- My Life: One Day 1 week ago I herd the dogs out at dawn. The puppy tumbles down the verandah steps to pee on a lawn spiked with frost, like a punk’s hairdo. The cat comes high stepping across cold grass, mewling in complaint at the chill. The dam breathes steam at the bottom of the valley. The tea, close cropped […]
- Five Days 3 weeks ago Day 1 Ant has come home shivering and shaking. For the fourth time in three weeks. The local hospital has diagnosed malaria so he swallows the cure and goes to bed. I am doubtful of the verdict; no self respecting mosquito would live at this altitude in these temperatures … I battle most of the...
- Silk Purses from Sow's Ears 3 months ago Suddenly winter has lifted. A click of fingers and the weather’s changed; I drag the curtains back one morning four days ago and the mist has rolled right away to reveal a sky that’s clear and blue. So sudden the change that I gasp to Ant, ‘look at that day!’ It’s still cold at this...
- Bundles of Joy 3 months ago Sometimes wandering down ethereal shopping aisles doesn’t inect the necessary retail therapy hit. Sometimes you’ve got to get out there and feel the stuff for real. Hat needs shirts for school. We’ve trawled intangible shelves at M&S and Mango. But she doesn’t find enough of what she...
- Fly litle bird, fly 3 months ago How do you know if the job is done? Have I cast her well enough to cope, I worry? “I don’t know how to use a dishwasher” my eldest daughter Melie says. So long as you can wield a bottle a bottle of Sunlight and a sponge I tell her. And she can. African Style. […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Reluctant Memsahib has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!