Latest Blog Posts »
- Silk Purses from Sow's Ears 1 week ago Suddenly winter has lifted. A click of fingers and the weather’s changed; I drag the curtains back one morning four days ago and the mist has rolled right away to reveal a sky that’s clear and blue. So sudden the change that I gasp to Ant, ‘look at that day!’ It’s still cold at this...
- Bundles of Joy 1 week ago Sometimes wandering down ethereal shopping aisles doesn’t inect the necessary retail therapy hit. Sometimes you’ve got to get out there and feel the stuff for real. Hat needs shirts for school. We’ve trawled intangible shelves at M&S and Mango. But she doesn’t find enough of what she...
- Fly litle bird, fly 2 weeks ago How do you know if the job is done? Have I cast her well enough to cope, I worry? “I don’t know how to use a dishwasher” my eldest daughter Melie says. So long as you can wield a bottle a bottle of Sunlight and a sponge I tell her. And she can. African Style. […]
- Looking for Real Africa 4 weeks ago So we drove 1 000 klm at the weekend to deliver The Boy for his internship. He’s at that stage: poised for the real world, teetering, ready to take flight. Less than a year left and he graduates from Uni. He’s garnering experience for his CV. Connecting the dots. His sister is closer than that....
- An Evening Walk 2 months ago In the evening I walk. Often I do in the morning too, wrapped up against a veil of mist that shrouds as the lightest rain leaving my skin dewdamp. But the evenings are prettier. And warmer. So that I shed layers as I go. The sun has burned a hole through the cloud which sits low […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Reluctant Memsahib has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!