Latest Blog Posts »
- Needs Must 3 days ago I say to Hat, ‘this is good shit’. Hat groans, almost inaudibly. We are on a walk , Pili disobediently strays ahead and vanishes into rows of pruned tea, all we can see of her is her yellow tail wagging furiously above the trimmed green, a submarine’s periscope, an antenna. And we are...
- New Chapters 4 days ago If I had logged my life as religiously as I did in the Outpost, would the past 2 ½ years have been easier? Would they feel less like lost time? As if I were running across marbles, slipping, sliding, losing my footing? Had I been able to capture them tidily in properly punctuated paragraphs, would...
- Where the Grass is Greener 4 months ago Miranda Hart said it in Call The Midwife, ‘I have acres and acres of time’. Like me. I know I should be grateful for all the open-ended hours, should use them wisely. But I’m overwhelmed by them; they loom and taunt, ‘What are you going to do with us all then, hey, hey, […]
- Why This is Home 4 months ago My daughter, writing her dissertation, ‘Never Complete. Never whole. White Skin and an African Soul’, asks me for a quote, ‘Why do you think you’re African’. I tell her, I feel African because everything about this place is familiar from the light, to the seasons, to the rains, the...
- I've moved ... 5 months ago I’ve moved. From Tanzania to Kenya to Zambia to Kenya and back to Tanzania. It seems pertinent, given all that moving and shape changing, that this blog morph in empathy. I’m here now. And here.
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Reluctant Memsahib has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!