Latest Blog Posts »
- On Being a Mum: what we did right, what we did wrong 1 month ago I’d love your input, and your friends’ input and your husbands’ and partners’ input and your kids’ input. Especially your kids’ input. I’m working on a big writing project to which end I’m asking the question, ‘What did you (or your mum, to all those kids) do right? And – and...
- When the Rain Came. And When it Went. 2 months ago We are mid rains. That means it can lash cats and dogs and the sky be slung so fatbellied low that you wonder if it will ever, ever lift so that you can see the horizon again, wonder if the rain will ever stop. The lights sputter as the power lines swing dangerously in […]
- Cat Biscuits and Courage 2 months ago My little sister is here from her Zambian home. Also an outpost, but better populated than mine. She has a supermarket with more than one trolley which is all our Amory sports because there’s never more than one of us who require it at any one time. She brought me cat biscuits and chilli […]
- Princess Smartypants 3 months ago I see Mum gazing at my books, my house is stuffed full of them – from mum, from my grandmother – a nine foot tall bookshelf teeters in a hallway, dredged in memories and dust (and happily too high to reach it’s summit to do any cleaning). Her fingers lightly trace spines, as if she […]
- Lessons Learned 3 months ago Today Hattie is 19. I remember her arrival as if it were yesterday. A 9 am admission to Kettering General – to be induced – on a brittle English winter’s morning. ‘Walk to get it going’, advised my consultant. So I did. Up and down the hospital corridors, up and down, hearing the...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There is 1 review on Reluctant Memsahib
18:08 PM November 12, 2014
Excellent writing. You are teaching us and sharing your world and thoughts, thank you. Teaching is a wonderful calling. Jesus taught people in His parables. It is wonderful your daughter has chosen to teach, she will bless people and it will return to bless her.