Latest Blog Posts »
- 50 Oranges & The Near Drowning of Henry - Arusha 7 months ago Banana Boats in the Caribbean - Banana Trucks HereHaving done major damage to my fitness level after a very indulgent summer trip home following the Kigali Marathon in May, I decided to sign up for the Safari Marathon in Arusha, in early September.
- Umuganda & Akabanga: Running & Liming in Surprising Rwanda 10 months ago The Believed - Amazing How the Country Has Turned Around
- An Indian Beggar in Dar es Saalam - Didn't See That Coming! 1 year ago The Lovely View from the Econo Lodge - Was My Temporary Home for 2 WeeksIt was either comedian Chris Rock or Dave Chappelle who used to use a monologue that went something like, “I was robbed by a white man in the New York subway in 1984…..didn’t see that coming, didn’t see...
- You Can't Win A Marathon Without Putting Some Band-Aids on Your Nipples 1 year ago Having the Right
- If You Can't Climb It, Run It - Kilimanjaro Conquered, Kigali Next! 1 year ago 11 Hour Bus Ride - Felt Longer for Some People with Me on the BusAfter months of preparation, and expending all my social capital badgering friends, family and foes for sponsorship money, I conquered Mt. Kilimanjaro.
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Tanzania!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 15 reviews on African Chronicles
08:42 AM November 19, 2012
I always like to live Vicariously through Ishwar and his blog helps live in his shoes. Grat pictures, great writing, great blog!
08:43 AM November 19, 2012
This blog has managed to open my world a bit more as he captures a variety of interesting elements of expat living, in a very fun and refreshing manner. I read it and say to myself "I want to be there! do that! experience this!"
10:04 AM November 19, 2012
Love your stories buddy! Keep it up and thanks for always having that Ishwar smile:)
10:46 AM November 19, 2012
As my 7 year old says: "Uncle Ishie is insane!" There is no better qualification for living the life he lives and writing this blog. Iswar's running and writing has opened up a window into a whole new world for many of us. Keep on running and keep on blogging!!
11:15 AM November 19, 2012
Great blog Ishwar. Funny, informative and stunning pictures! Looking forward for some more stories....
11:15 AM November 19, 2012
I have become an avid armchair traveler through Ishwar's blog. Wonderful pictures, observations and historic content all seasoned with a "just right" measure of humor.
11:53 AM November 19, 2012
I have never known another person like Ishwar! His blog personifies him and is a great and entertaining read to keep up with his adventures.
16:04 PM November 19, 2012
Enjoy reading these blogs Ishwar is a great writer and entertainer
19:48 PM November 19, 2012
A refreshingly different take!
23:59 PM November 19, 2012
This blog is very entainting,makes you feel you are in this place!
14:48 PM November 21, 2012
ishwar is the bon vivant supreme... living his wonderful adventures and enjoying it as it all unfolds, in new worlds. his blog keeps us living it, with him... and with the photographs, we now know what nutmeg looks like, in its true form... i treasure his words...
00:00 AM November 22, 2012
The common thread that weaves the travelogue bouquet of Ishwar appears to be food,beverages and beauty-,hence his nomadic existence.When you combine the Bauls of Bengal,the Roma of Europe, the gypsies.hippies and nomads of the Arab diaspora,Ishwar the international rodent--quietly pierces all security and barriers in order to nibble at each and every goodie that life offers on this planet. His blogs are revealing,new,refreshing and always present a new line of vision. Keep on keeping on O! wandering minstrel of epicurean delights.
17:48 PM November 22, 2012
Always enjoy reading your Blog Ishwar, Lucky Boy!
19:03 PM November 22, 2012
Didn't realize that you had a blog or that you entered. We have friends in common and you went to school with a cousin. Congrats on your entry. Will be giving you some Bloglovin! Giving you 5 stars!
18:40 PM November 23, 2012
TO ISH, MY FAVOURITE LUNATIC, YOUR INDEFATIGABLE CURIOSITY FOR ALL THINGS NEW, YOUR ENTHUSIASM AND JOIE DE VIVRE ARE INFECTIOUS, INSPIRING AND SO ABSOLUTELY ADDICTIVE THAT I CANNOT WAIT TO READ YOUR BLOGS AND ENJOY YOUR PICS. SO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR AFRICA WITH US.