Expats Since Birth
Latest Blog Posts »
- This weekend in The Hague 6 days ago If you are in The Hague this weekend (and next week) and are still looking for some activities this weekend, here are a few tips for outings in The Hague that will help you getting in the right Holiday spirit.... Read More ›
- Loriot and his poem about "Advent" - an example of German humour 6 days ago During this time of the year we’re used to stories showing the values of our traditions and religions. Most of them are shared with children. The poem I would like to share in this post is about the time of... Read More ›
- "Take off your shoes, please"...? 2 weeks ago In many countries like Germany, Switzerland, in Skandinavian countries etc. it is common use to take off the shoes when entering someone’s home(*). The custom of removing shoes is widespread also in Eastern countries like Japan, Korea and Turkey. In... Read More ›
- About St Nicholas and his legend 3 weeks ago Sinterklaas or Nikolaus, San Nicola etc. in European countries is based on the legendary figure of St Nicholas. Born in 271 AD to a rich Greek family in Asia Minor in in the city of Patara (Lycia et Pamphylia), he... Read More ›
- The trickster figure of the Fox 1 month ago When we teach our children about our culture(s), we often draw on traditional folkstales. The versions of a folkstale often vary in the same culture: for example, in one version the wolf in Little Red Riding Hood gets killed by... Read More ›
Contest Entries »
- International Schools in The Hague: an Overview and a Guidelining Questionnaire Education and International Schools Globally moving expatriates with school children often opt for international schools as they are designed to ease the educational transition from one country to another. Still, it is important to know the local education system as some international...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Expats Since Birth
21:15 PM November 13, 2012
This interesting blog covers a range of topics ranging from multilingualism to being an expats or parenting twins. A must-read not only for multilingual parents!
12:40 PM November 14, 2012
This is a wonderful blog exploring the challenges of parenting away from your own country and culture. Definetely a must for every curious mom/dad !!!!!
12:17 PM November 24, 2012
Interesting expat blog about parenting in a bilingual world! go check it out!
16:39 PM November 26, 2012
Wonderful, informative Blog !
11:38 AM November 27, 2012
Very interesting blog! I enjoy reading it. Thank you for sharing.