Expats Since Birth
Latest Blog Posts »
- Take your home with you... 1 week ago When this image appeared on a facebook timeline today, I realized that what is said is not the case for me anymore. Even though I am an Adult Third Culture Kid and I felt the same way several times during... Read More ›
- Enfants de Troisième Culture 2 months ago Latest update 11.3.2015 / Dernière mise à jour 11.3.2015. We can find many books and articles about Third Culture Kids – in French: Enfants de Troisième Culture – but little has been published in French up to now. This is... Read More ›
- "Culture Shock: A Practical Guide" by Helene Rybol (a review and an interview) 2 months ago We all experience culture shock to some extent and at some point of our lives. No matter if we spend only some weeks in a foreign place or if we stay for longer. Even when we repatriate after living some... Read More ›
- International Mother Language Day: 21 February 3 months ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMj7u8O_X0Q https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyNa2TzUEVE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6M3-xbE7W8Filed under: Being multilingual, Bilingualism Tagged: importance of motherlanguage, International Motherlanguage Day
- Bilingualism: Language acquisition and language learning 3 months ago Linguists distinguish between language acquisition and language learning. Children acquire language through a subconscious process during which they are unaware of grammatical rules. This happens especially when they acquire their first language. They repeat what is said to them and... Read More ›
Contest Entries »
- International Schools in The Hague: an Overview and a Guidelining Questionnaire Education and International Schools Globally moving expatriates with school children often opt for international schools as they are designed to ease the educational transition from one country to another. Still, it is important to know the local education system as some international...
- Top 5 aspects about The Netherlands from a European perspective Expat Blog Awards 2013 The majority of articles listing characteristics of life in the Netherlands are written from a mainly American or British point of view. But how do other Europeans perceive life in the Netherlands? What do they think about the food, the weather, the...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Expats Since Birth
21:15 PM November 13, 2012
This interesting blog covers a range of topics ranging from multilingualism to being an expats or parenting twins. A must-read not only for multilingual parents!
12:40 PM November 14, 2012
This is a wonderful blog exploring the challenges of parenting away from your own country and culture. Definetely a must for every curious mom/dad !!!!!
12:17 PM November 24, 2012
Interesting expat blog about parenting in a bilingual world! go check it out!
16:39 PM November 26, 2012
Wonderful, informative Blog !
11:38 AM November 27, 2012
Very interesting blog! I enjoy reading it. Thank you for sharing.