Expats Since Birth
Latest Blog Posts »
- 5 Fun Activities You Can Do With Your Kids at the Comfort of Your Backyard 22 hours ago I’m very thankful that Simon Barker kindly offered to write this post for my site on this very timely topic. A lot of people are looking for a way to escape the busy and noisy city life in exchange for … Continue reading →
- A portable career...my story 1 month ago This are my reflections on a topic that matters to all accompanying partners: finding a career or a purpose during their international journey. It is the first time I write about this and putting it all “onto screen” has a … Continue reading →
- When a bilingual child turns quiet 2 months ago This is an extended version of an answer I gave to parents who asked me for advice about their 7 yo boy turning silent. One or the biggest myths about bilingual children is that they are all like sponges and … Continue reading →
- Reverse Culture Shock (Hélène Rybol) 4 months ago In her latest book Reverse Culture Shock, Hélène Rybol explains the complexity of feelings we experience when going back to our home country or a country we lived before, after having spent a considerable time living in other cultures. Hélène … Continue reading →
- Be proud to be diversely unique! 4 months ago Internationals (TCKs, ATCKs, expats, global nomads) are used to transition between cultures. They know about the values, beliefs and know about the rules the “do’s and don’ts”. Some receive “mixed social messages on how others perceive” them and how they … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- International Schools in The Hague: an Overview and a Guidelining Questionnaire Education and International Schools Globally moving expatriates with school children often opt for international schools as they are designed to ease the educational transition from one country to another. Still, it is important to know the local education system as some international...
- Top 5 aspects about The Netherlands from a European perspective Expat Blog Awards 2013 The majority of articles listing characteristics of life in the Netherlands are written from a mainly American or British point of view. But how do other Europeans perceive life in the Netherlands? What do they think about the food, the weather, the...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Expats Since Birth
21:15 PM November 13, 2012
This interesting blog covers a range of topics ranging from multilingualism to being an expats or parenting twins. A must-read not only for multilingual parents!
12:40 PM November 14, 2012
This is a wonderful blog exploring the challenges of parenting away from your own country and culture. Definetely a must for every curious mom/dad !!!!!
12:17 PM November 24, 2012
Interesting expat blog about parenting in a bilingual world! go check it out!
16:39 PM November 26, 2012
Wonderful, informative Blog !
11:38 AM November 27, 2012
Very interesting blog! I enjoy reading it. Thank you for sharing.