Expats Since Birth
Latest Blog Posts »
- How to ENJOY your life in The Hague! 2 months ago For everyone entering a new country, in this case, the Netherlands, I always advise to get all the information you can as quickly as you can… When I arrived here in 2005, I didn’t know anyone. I was the accompanying partner, mother of a son, not really knowing […]
- To drink or not to drink... 3 months ago To be honest, I wanted to write about this topic for years, but always hesitated because I can’t find a way to talk about “to drink or not to drink”… But when a friend linked to this article on facebook, I decided it is time to write about […]
- Why aren't I instead of amn't I? 8 months ago Why don’t we say “amn’t I” instead of “aren’t I”? If we say “am I” why don’t we say “amn’t I”? Isn’t “aren’t I” grammatically incorrect? – I recently had a long discussion with my son about the fact that using aren’t I doesn’t seem right, at least not if...
- Monolingual Parents and Bilingual Children? 8 months ago Can monolingual parents have bilingual children ? What is a monolingual anyway?
- Stille Nacht & Astro del Ciel 10 months ago One of my favourite German Christmas carols is Stille Nacht (heilige Nacht), not only because its message and the sweet memories singing it with my parents at Christmas when I was a child, but also because there is also an Italian version of it, with the same melody, but different words. The...
Contest Entries »
- International Schools in The Hague: an Overview and a Guidelining Questionnaire Education and International Schools Globally moving expatriates with school children often opt for international schools as they are designed to ease the educational transition from one country to another. Still, it is important to know the local education system as some international...
- Top 5 aspects about The Netherlands from a European perspective Expat Blog Awards 2013 The majority of articles listing characteristics of life in the Netherlands are written from a mainly American or British point of view. But how do other Europeans perceive life in the Netherlands? What do they think about the food, the weather, the...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Expats Since Birth
21:15 PM November 13, 2012
This interesting blog covers a range of topics ranging from multilingualism to being an expats or parenting twins. A must-read not only for multilingual parents!
12:40 PM November 14, 2012
This is a wonderful blog exploring the challenges of parenting away from your own country and culture. Definetely a must for every curious mom/dad !!!!!
12:17 PM November 24, 2012
Interesting expat blog about parenting in a bilingual world! go check it out!
16:39 PM November 26, 2012
Wonderful, informative Blog !
11:38 AM November 27, 2012
Very interesting blog! I enjoy reading it. Thank you for sharing.