Latest Blog Posts »
- So You're Dating a Spaniard—Ashley 2 days ago So today we have something a little bit different … A Canadian dating a Spaniard! A bit of a change from all of us Americans who just love our Spaniards, but I think we’ll accept her into the group. I’m Ashley, a 23 year-old Canadian currently living in Castro-Urdiales (Cantabria). I arrived...
- The Shame In Spain 1 week ago “Es una vergüenza…”, “Así nos va”, “Normal, este país” Last week, a nurse in Spain became the first person to catch ebola outside of Africa. Scary? Maybe. A cause for extra precaution, for more education? Definitely. Shameful? I don’t know if we should go that far. But during...
- So You're Dating a Spaniard—Madison 2 weeks ago Madison sent in her interview a while ago, so I apologize to her that I’m just getting around to publishing it! Sometimes I even forget about this blog for a little while. Crazy, huh? Anyway, let’s let her introduce herself: My name is Madison, I’m 23, and I moved to Spain in 2008 when I […]
- "Everyone Can Travel" 2 weeks ago This a big, heavy topic, but I’m certainly not qualified to speak on this topic in any sort of academic way. But for the past five years I’ve been writing and blogging about my experiences in Spain. At first I read other small-time bloggers, but I soon became aware of a much wider circle in...
- 5 Mistakes I Still Make in Spanish 3 weeks ago After 5 years in this country, you might begin to think that I am fluent, 100% bilingual, and I would thank you for that assumption, but you would be wrong. Sadly. Sadly, I still make mistakes in Spanish, and these mistakes do drive me crazy, because most of the time (not all the time), I know...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Kaley...& Más
01:53 AM November 14, 2012
I love reading your stories. Please keep entertaining us :)
04:52 AM November 14, 2012
This is one of my favorite travel blogs! I love how the author can capture you in her story as in 'On the Road to Salamanca' but also creates a fun learning experience for unique literary circumstances such as in ' Como esta usted?'. Being married to someone from another country myself, I'm always delighted to read her posts about her life in her adopted country with her Spanish husband!
02:00 AM November 15, 2012
I always look forward to the new blogs. I read them as soon as I get notification in my email. I hope the author keeps writing for a long time.
19:17 PM November 17, 2012
Kaley's blog is the perfect balance of engaging personal narrative and genuinely useful insight into life in a new country. We are drawn to her posts because of her charismatic writing and personal story, yet she never crosses that line into vanity publishing (you all know what I mean). And she has something real—actual expertise and local knowledge—to share with her readers. Let's face it, this is what we (the readers) really want from an expat blog, fun to draw us in, but substance to keep us satiated.
18:42 PM November 30, 2012
Honest observations as always.