Latest Blog Posts »
- How Speaking Spanish Influences My English 5 days ago I was having a conversation the other day with Mario—in English this time. (It varies.) We were talking about my trip out west and an animal I encountered along the way: a chipmunk. In Spanish, the word for chipmunk and squirrel is the same—la ardilla. Note the article. It’s feminine. So, I...
- Your Spain Experience—Interview with Sarah 1 week ago Hey everyone! I really liked the response I got to Erin’s interview. (Well, except for one, but when you bring up anything even semi-controversial, I suppose you can expect some of that!) So I decided to reach out to another woman of color in Spain, Sarah. Again, we “met” on Twitter, and she...
- What If Your Dream Isn't Traveling? 2 weeks ago Travel bloggers love to talk about travel. And, of course, why shouldn’t they? Their audience is wide: from fellow travelers to wannabes to those who live vicariously through them and their blogs, there are a lot of people who want to read them. While I love reading blogs about Spain, I’m not...
- Your Spain Experience—Interview with Erin 2 weeks ago I don’t remember when, but a few years I got a notification that someone new was following me on Twitter. I used to check everyone’s profiles to see why the person was following me of all people. The new follower’s name was Erin, apparently she lived in California, and she loved … Real...
- I Haven't Blogged Much This Summer—Why? 3 weeks ago Here’s the thing: I haven’t blogged much this summer because I haven’t wanted to. Yep, here I am, a blogger, admitting that sometimes blogging sucks. Sometimes it’s really fun, though! You know, when you’re inspired or doing lots of things you think others will think are cool or when...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Kaley...& Más
01:53 AM November 14, 2012
I love reading your stories. Please keep entertaining us :)
04:52 AM November 14, 2012
This is one of my favorite travel blogs! I love how the author can capture you in her story as in 'On the Road to Salamanca' but also creates a fun learning experience for unique literary circumstances such as in ' Como esta usted?'. Being married to someone from another country myself, I'm always delighted to read her posts about her life in her adopted country with her Spanish husband!
02:00 AM November 15, 2012
I always look forward to the new blogs. I read them as soon as I get notification in my email. I hope the author keeps writing for a long time.
19:17 PM November 17, 2012
Kaley's blog is the perfect balance of engaging personal narrative and genuinely useful insight into life in a new country. We are drawn to her posts because of her charismatic writing and personal story, yet she never crosses that line into vanity publishing (you all know what I mean). And she has something real—actual expertise and local knowledge—to share with her readers. Let's face it, this is what we (the readers) really want from an expat blog, fun to draw us in, but substance to keep us satiated.
18:42 PM November 30, 2012
Honest observations as always.