Latest Blog Posts »
- Barriers 1 week ago Sometimes I’m the only one who doesn’t get the joke. Some days I smile, reassuring everyone that I’m not on the outside. Some days I even laugh a little. At other times I just keep my face blank … After all, is there any shame in not getting it? I can’t decide. I speak fluently, […]
- Blogging Break 2 weeks ago Dearest readers, I’ve not been writing much lately. I sometimes feel guilty, but feeling guilty for not writing on the Internet is perhaps the silliest of reasons. I don’t owe anyone, and I don’t think blogging when you don’t feel like it is doing anyone any favors. I have been asking...
- Spanish Old Wives' Tales (And Their Veracity) 2 months ago I’m on a bit of a blogging break, ever since my laptop decided to go belly up on me without any prior warning. The audacity of it all! Really, we shared so much: that time when I vacuumed a key up and had to search desperately in the bag for the L, when I thought […]
- Typical First-Time English Conversation Assistant Blog Ideas 3 months ago I try to write with good grammar, but I’m going to depart a bit from the norm for this parody of some typical first-time in Spain English Conversation Assistant posts I read. This is all in good fun, though, because I too wrote some blog entries like this in the past (think 2009 or 2010). […]
- How I Write Blog Posts 3 months ago A while ago—emmm, okay, almost a month ago—fellow Spain blogger (and in-real-life friend!) Trevor Huxham tagged me in a blog meme about how I write my blog. I wanted to write right away, but I got caught up in traveling and visits to Zamora and just never got around to it. Nonetheless, here I...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Kaley...& Más
01:53 AM November 14, 2012
I love reading your stories. Please keep entertaining us :)
04:52 AM November 14, 2012
This is one of my favorite travel blogs! I love how the author can capture you in her story as in 'On the Road to Salamanca' but also creates a fun learning experience for unique literary circumstances such as in ' Como esta usted?'. Being married to someone from another country myself, I'm always delighted to read her posts about her life in her adopted country with her Spanish husband!
02:00 AM November 15, 2012
I always look forward to the new blogs. I read them as soon as I get notification in my email. I hope the author keeps writing for a long time.
19:17 PM November 17, 2012
Kaley's blog is the perfect balance of engaging personal narrative and genuinely useful insight into life in a new country. We are drawn to her posts because of her charismatic writing and personal story, yet she never crosses that line into vanity publishing (you all know what I mean). And she has something real—actual expertise and local knowledge—to share with her readers. Let's face it, this is what we (the readers) really want from an expat blog, fun to draw us in, but substance to keep us satiated.
18:42 PM November 30, 2012
Honest observations as always.