Latest Blog Posts »
- Spanish Old Wives' Tales (And Their Veracity) 1 week ago I’m on a bit of a blogging break, ever since my laptop decided to go belly up on me without any prior warning. The audacity of it all! Really, we shared so much: that time when I vacuumed a key up and had to search desperately in the bag for the L, when I thought […]
- Typical First-Time English Conversation Assistant Blog Ideas 2 months ago I try to write with good grammar, but I’m going to depart a bit from the norm for this parody of some typical first-time in Spain English Conversation Assistant posts I read. This is all in good fun, though, because I too wrote some blog entries like this in the past (think 2009 or 2010). […]
- How I Write Blog Posts 2 months ago A while ago—emmm, okay, almost a month ago—fellow Spain blogger (and in-real-life friend!) Trevor Huxham tagged me in a blog meme about how I write my blog. I wanted to write right away, but I got caught up in traveling and visits to Zamora and just never got around to it. Nonetheless, here I...
- Playa del Silencio 2 months ago Where the roar of the Cantabrian sea becomes a lullaby, where the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks soothes you into silence. Time seems to stand still. The Playa del Silencio, with its cliffs and islands, is still relatively unknown, and it’s likely you won’t find too many people...
- Hotel Posada del Valle in Asturias, Spain 2 months ago Recently we went to Asturias, and we were looking for somewhere to stay. I found this hotel by happenstance, as someone tweeted a link to a New York Times article about it. They said it was like you were living in a cloud, and I thought, Okay. We’re going. I mean, who doesn’t want to […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on Kaley...& Más
01:53 AM November 14, 2012
I love reading your stories. Please keep entertaining us :)
04:52 AM November 14, 2012
This is one of my favorite travel blogs! I love how the author can capture you in her story as in 'On the Road to Salamanca' but also creates a fun learning experience for unique literary circumstances such as in ' Como esta usted?'. Being married to someone from another country myself, I'm always delighted to read her posts about her life in her adopted country with her Spanish husband!
02:00 AM November 15, 2012
I always look forward to the new blogs. I read them as soon as I get notification in my email. I hope the author keeps writing for a long time.
19:17 PM November 17, 2012
Kaley's blog is the perfect balance of engaging personal narrative and genuinely useful insight into life in a new country. We are drawn to her posts because of her charismatic writing and personal story, yet she never crosses that line into vanity publishing (you all know what I mean). And she has something real—actual expertise and local knowledge—to share with her readers. Let's face it, this is what we (the readers) really want from an expat blog, fun to draw us in, but substance to keep us satiated.
18:42 PM November 30, 2012
Honest observations as always.