Moving to Saskatoon
Latest Blog Posts »
- Re-Crossing the Atlantic 4 months ago I woke at 4.30am, with a funny feeling in my tummy and my mind racing a mile a minute. After a hectic couple of months and some serious packing, today was the start of our trip home, and I was consumed by the practicalities of it all. First flight at 11am from Saskatoon, seven-hour layover […]
- Running between the Raindrops 7 months ago Good Friday dawned reluctantly; a soggy mess of rain and hail, intermittently turning to snow and accompanied throughout by a cutting wind. It looked like it would be dark and gloomy all day, but our plan was to visit the Draggins Car Show in Prairieland Park (indoor, warm, dry). We sloshed...
- "Are we there yet? Are we? Are we nearly there?........" 7 months ago “Today, the temperatures are set to rise to plus 16 degrees Celsius. I am determined that this shall be Spring. It may be earlier than last year, and I’ve lost count of the number of Canadians that have visibly winced when I’ve made my proclamation, but I am declaring it to be so. The...
- Slip-sliding away.... 10 months ago I spent Saturday at a hockey tournament in a small town called Radisson, west of Saskatoon. I whispered into the boys’ ears at 7am, and we snuck downstairs to grab breakfast and get on the road. The hockey bags were loaded into the boot, and we took the highway towards North Battleford, a...
- The Mystery of the Slain Smurf 10 months ago It’s almost the end of January, and the month has flown by. I don’t know why this is so, as January usually crawls along bleakly, but a lengthening of daylight hours and a busy schedule seem to have conspired to lessen the dull drag of the month. Hockey is still in full swing, Beavers and...
Contest Entries »
- 10 Essential Facts about Living in Saskatoon/Saskatchewan Expat Blog Awards 2013 Winters are cold in Saskatchewan Icicles on eyelashes cold. Our first clue as to what a Prairie winter is like should have been when our friend in Toronto didn't manage to muffle her horrified shriek quickly enough. “Is it that bad?”, I...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Canada Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Canada!Copy and paste code to display the Canada Award Badge:
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Canada Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Canada!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Moving to Saskatoon
19:49 PM November 13, 2012
Amazing blog, written by an Amazing woman!!
20:27 PM November 13, 2012
Absolutely love this blog, it's interesting , fun and highly entertaining but most of all its so well written. I look forward to each update immensely. Well done!
20:36 PM November 13, 2012
This is brilliantly written and very funny to boot.
01:11 AM November 14, 2012
I look forward to the antics of this Expat. Her point of view is always humourous and refreshing. Truly one funny woman.
23:18 PM November 18, 2012
I'm always so pleased when I find a new entry! Love this blog!
17:43 PM December 04, 2012
I've just discovered this blog - well written and wryly observed, it's one I'll be following from now on.