Moving to Saskatoon
Latest Blog Posts »
- The Canadian Phenomenon known as Tryouts 2 years ago Thanks to everyone for all the kind comments about the last post; I felt pounds lighter once I hit “publish”, although sadly, I didn’t look any different. It’s time for another hockey post, as this year’s season is a horse of a different colour indeed. After the sorry fiasco of last...
- A Cautious Unpacking of Memories 2 years ago As 2014 slipped away, carrying the memories of a thousand small things and lots of bigger events, I found that the year split into a Before and After in my mind. July pulsed quietly among the spool of months, and once I had written about our flights across the Atlantic, I shied away from putting...
- Re-Crossing the Atlantic 2 years ago I woke at 4.30am, with a funny feeling in my tummy and my mind racing a mile a minute. After a hectic couple of months and some serious packing, today was the start of our trip home, and I was consumed by the practicalities of it all. First flight at 11am from Saskatoon, seven-hour layover […]
- Running between the Raindrops 3 years ago Good Friday dawned reluctantly; a soggy mess of rain and hail, intermittently turning to snow and accompanied throughout by a cutting wind. It looked like it would be dark and gloomy all day, but our plan was to visit the Draggins Car Show in Prairieland Park (indoor, warm, dry). We sloshed...
- "Are we there yet? Are we? Are we nearly there?........" 3 years ago “Today, the temperatures are set to rise to plus 16 degrees Celsius. I am determined that this shall be Spring. It may be earlier than last year, and I’ve lost count of the number of Canadians that have visibly winced when I’ve made my proclamation, but I am declaring it to be so. The...
Contest Entries »
- 10 Essential Facts about Living in Saskatoon/Saskatchewan Expat Blog Awards 2013 Winters are cold in Saskatchewan Icicles on eyelashes cold. Our first clue as to what a Prairie winter is like should have been when our friend in Toronto didn't manage to muffle her horrified shriek quickly enough. “Is it that bad?”, I...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2013: Canada Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Canada!Copy and paste code to display the Canada Award Badge:
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Canada Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Canada!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Moving to Saskatoon
19:49 PM November 13, 2012
Amazing blog, written by an Amazing woman!!
20:27 PM November 13, 2012
Absolutely love this blog, it's interesting , fun and highly entertaining but most of all its so well written. I look forward to each update immensely. Well done!
20:36 PM November 13, 2012
This is brilliantly written and very funny to boot.
01:11 AM November 14, 2012
I look forward to the antics of this Expat. Her point of view is always humourous and refreshing. Truly one funny woman.
23:18 PM November 18, 2012
I'm always so pleased when I find a new entry! Love this blog!
17:43 PM December 04, 2012
I've just discovered this blog - well written and wryly observed, it's one I'll be following from now on.