Moving to Saskatoon
Latest Blog Posts »
- Saskatchewan is Bleeding Green 2 weeks ago We went ice-skating last Sunday at one of the indoor rinks, and once the post-skate ritual of hot chocolate and cookies was over, we went shopping. The store was fairly busy, and every so often one of the staff would make an announcement regarding the current score in the football game. I...
- In Remembrance 1 month ago November has arrived in Saskatoon, bringing the first snowfall, and the dark mornings and evenings of Winter. There’s a miasma of sorrow that coats this month; it’s the month of All Souls, the month that remembers those who have died in the service of their country, and it’s the month that...
- The geese are flying south.... 2 months ago Well, most of them are. The one hundred and five that were shot by a friend of ours earlier on this week are not, sadly. Instead they’ll be making their way into the pot. I was standing in the changing room of the ice-rink on Tuesday evening, hauling the boys out of their gear, when […]
- A Trip to the ER (and George Clooney was nowhere in sight....) 4 months ago I’m ill. Not as ill as I was on Monday, but ill enough to be grumpy and tired and wanting to stay in bed all day. Benjamin had strep throat last week and decided to share his germs among us. While he spent two days off school (and the second day he bounced around the […]
- Hockey 3 months ago “Football’s not a matter of life and death….it’s more important than that” – all of you nodding sagely along with Bill Shankly’s famous quote have obviously never come into contact with the world of ice hockey. Or just plain hockey, as it’s called here in Canada, because clearly...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Canada Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Canada!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 6 reviews on Moving to Saskatoon
19:49 PM November 13, 2012
Amazing blog, written by an Amazing woman!!
20:27 PM November 13, 2012
Absolutely love this blog, it's interesting , fun and highly entertaining but most of all its so well written. I look forward to each update immensely. Well done!
20:36 PM November 13, 2012
This is brilliantly written and very funny to boot.
01:11 AM November 14, 2012
I look forward to the antics of this Expat. Her point of view is always humourous and refreshing. Truly one funny woman.
23:18 PM November 18, 2012
I'm always so pleased when I find a new entry! Love this blog!
17:43 PM December 04, 2012
I've just discovered this blog - well written and wryly observed, it's one I'll be following from now on.