American In Exile
Latest Blog Posts »
- Massive life changes -- coming soon! 1 week ago Hello and welcome to the last official weeks of pregnancy. I won't tell you the due date because I think it's a silly concept but I will tell you that the official due date is sometime in the next two weeks. And -- much to my agitation -- there's no sign of the Little Dragon making an...
- The Joys of Pregnancy 3 weeks ago Oh the joys, the joys! Some women love being pregnant but I ain't one of them. Sorry to report but I've found the whole thing pretty intolerable. So before the stork comes and the Men In Black turn up to wipe my memory clean, I'm writing this stuff down. The top secret fourth stage of labourI...
- Que haces?? 2 months ago A few years ago, we had some fantastic housemates named Feli and Tomas. They were from Argentina and Tomas would frequently greet me in the kitchen with "What are you doing?". It's a literal translation from the Spanish "Que haces?" but the way he said it in English always made me feel like I...
- Christmas weather 3 months ago Just in case you didn't get the memo Wellington, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE SUMMER HOLIDAYS!! If you were a friend on Facebook, I'd be de-friending you right now.
- I hate packing 3 months ago So the packing has begun and what a pain it is boxing up ... life. Here's just a couple of things that I packed yesterday which I thought I'd also share with you. First up -- no, not a lot of beer -- all the letters and cards we've received from you over the years! We've kept most of them and...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: New Zealand Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in New Zealand!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on American In Exile
13:24 PM November 25, 2012
19:14 PM November 27, 2012
Diane is a great writer. She is always very interesting. Makes me want to visit New Zealand.
01:29 AM December 02, 2012
I really enjoy reading Diane's blog - she has a diverse range of interests which makes it very easy to live vicariously through her writing and photos. Her perspective of being an American living in New Zealand are entertaining and insightful. Thanks Diane!
07:36 AM December 03, 2012
I love Diane's writing. Its peppered with great humour and insight. I love the diversity in the topics as well. Way to go Diane.... Niru.
17:48 PM February 12, 2013
I really enjoy the descriptions and information provided by Diane's Blog. Makes me feel as if I am experiencing the moment too!