American In Exile
Latest Blog Posts »
- Whales, royal visits and much, much more 2 weeks ago I'm determined not to turn this blog into a mommy/baby blog completely so today I am writing with a few bits of news from New Zealand. Of course, I can't promise the posts won't be sprinkled with a couple of photos of Morgan but I will try to keep them relevant to the subject matter! Last week...
- Morgan Cook Evans 3 weeks ago Introducing our son, Morgan Cook Evans! He arrived at Wellington Hospital at 1:30pm on 14 March 2014, weighing in at 3.96 kilograms or 8 pounds 12 ounces. Now onto this mysterious middle name...! Some of you have made the connection immediately which means you get an A+ for your knowledge of...
- Massive life changes -- coming soon! 1 month ago Hello and welcome to the last official weeks of pregnancy. I won't tell you the due date because I think it's a silly concept but I will tell you that the official due date is sometime in the next two weeks. And -- much to my agitation -- there's no sign of the Little Dragon making an...
- The Joys of Pregnancy 2 months ago Oh the joys, the joys! Some women love being pregnant but I ain't one of them. Sorry to report but I've found the whole thing pretty intolerable. So before the stork comes and the Men In Black turn up to wipe my memory clean, I'm writing this stuff down. The top secret fourth stage of labourI...
- Que haces?? 3 months ago A few years ago, we had some fantastic housemates named Feli and Tomas. They were from Argentina and Tomas would frequently greet me in the kitchen with "What are you doing?". It's a literal translation from the Spanish "Que haces?" but the way he said it in English always made me feel like I...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: New Zealand Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in New Zealand!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on American In Exile
13:24 PM November 25, 2012
19:14 PM November 27, 2012
Diane is a great writer. She is always very interesting. Makes me want to visit New Zealand.
01:29 AM December 02, 2012
I really enjoy reading Diane's blog - she has a diverse range of interests which makes it very easy to live vicariously through her writing and photos. Her perspective of being an American living in New Zealand are entertaining and insightful. Thanks Diane!
07:36 AM December 03, 2012
I love Diane's writing. Its peppered with great humour and insight. I love the diversity in the topics as well. Way to go Diane.... Niru.
17:48 PM February 12, 2013
I really enjoy the descriptions and information provided by Diane's Blog. Makes me feel as if I am experiencing the moment too!