American In Exile
Latest Blog Posts »
- I hate packing 20 hours ago So the packing has begun and what a pain it is boxing up ... life. Here's just a couple of things that I packed yesterday which I thought I'd also share with you. First up -- no, not a lot of beer -- all the letters and cards we've received from you over the years! We've kept most of them and...
- Happy December! 1 week ago So lots has happened since I last wrote...! First and foremost and FINALLY, summer has come to Wellington. One of the most miraculous events in the backyard is how quickly the flax sprout their amazing flowers. It's magic -- those gigantic stalks just appear out of nowhere in a matter of...
- House for sale! 3 weeks ago If anyone's interested in owning an awesome house in Houghton Bay, Wellington, check out our listing on trademe! Offers in excess of $570,000. It's a bargain for an insulated house in the Southern Suburbs!Open homes: 17 & 24 November 2013, 12 - 1pm or viewing by appointment. Contact...
- The Goss 3 weeks ago Hey Everyone! Sorry for the lack of posting! It's been an incredibly busy 6 weeks or so and there literally haven't been enough hours in the day for all that's needed to get done. It's still busy now but I've been neglecting the blog and I do have a few things to recount. Hopefully this...
- Dear Celia,Please give me one (green) reason I... 3 months ago Dear Celia,Please give me one (green) reason I should vote for you in this year's election. Love,Diane :)Don't forget to vote for Wellington's Mayor by 12 October 2013!
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: New Zealand Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in New Zealand!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 5 reviews on American In Exile
13:24 PM November 25, 2012
19:14 PM November 27, 2012
Diane is a great writer. She is always very interesting. Makes me want to visit New Zealand.
01:29 AM December 02, 2012
I really enjoy reading Diane's blog - she has a diverse range of interests which makes it very easy to live vicariously through her writing and photos. Her perspective of being an American living in New Zealand are entertaining and insightful. Thanks Diane!
07:36 AM December 03, 2012
I love Diane's writing. Its peppered with great humour and insight. I love the diversity in the topics as well. Way to go Diane.... Niru.
17:48 PM February 12, 2013
I really enjoy the descriptions and information provided by Diane's Blog. Makes me feel as if I am experiencing the moment too!