Latest Blog Posts »
- Behind the giant goat head: the hidden life of street performers in Madrid 1 day ago The show must go on: Anna and Harriet spent a morning as human statues in Plaza Mayor and Sol, and had a glimpse into the lives behind the masks of street performers in Madrid. Behind the giant goat head: the hidden life of street performers in Madrid appeared first on ¡Vaya Madrid!
- A guiri walks into a hair salon... 2 weeks ago Getting a haircut in a foreign language can be an adventure, and leave you looking cartoonish. Should you try to be modernilla or stick with your style from back home? Cassandra Gambill reports. A guiri walks into a hair salon… appeared first on ¡Vaya Madrid!
- Gastro-this and hipster-that: lost in the new Madrid 2 months ago Daniel Welsch has seen a lot of changes in his 10 years living in Madrid. In this piece, he tries to make sense of the new trends in the city and the ways that living abroad changes you, for better and worse. Gastro-this and hipster-that: lost in the new Madrid appeared first on ¡Vaya Madrid!
- Madrid's Christmas Markets: Bazaar things to do for the holidays 3 months ago Most people know about the Christmas Market in Plaza Mayor, but if you're looking for something more original, try these off-beat international markets that take place on weekends in November. Madrid’s Christmas Markets: Bazaar things to do for the holidays appeared first on ¡Vaya Madrid!
- 95 years of underground history on Madrid's Metro 3 months ago Metro de Madrid is celebrating its 95th anniversary this year, and it carries more than 1.5 million passengers per day. But ticket prices keep going up, and Vodafone has sponsored the iconic Estación de Sol. Hannah Webb takes a look at the history and controversy behind Madrid's underground. 95...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Vaya Madrid has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!