An Expat in Spain
Latest Blog Posts »
- Why so late? 4 hours ago My friends and family (those who have not visited Spain) are bewildered when they call and find me just sitting down to dinner at 10pm. I assure them that this is 1) standard in Spain, and 2) that I’m not trying to conform to any kind of Spanish timetable. Because 10pm feels about right for […]
- An open letter to building contractors in Spain 2 months ago Dear Spanish contractors of today: I appreciate that you understand that humans, for the most part (though I can think of a few exceptions), do not like living in cold, dark, airless cave-like dwellings. I don’t know why this escaped your ancestors who built the antique dwellings that pass for...
- City dogs 3 months ago It’s 9PM and I’m in the pijo part of the city center, waiting for friends. Because I am actually on time–which in Barcelona is early–I am the only one to have yet arrived for dinner. It is a nice night, so I wait outside and watch a group of dog owners gathered for some evening […]
- No tacos here 3 months ago Due to the fact that a third of Americans and even Canadians I encounter through work don’t even know that Spain is in Europe (link is to a personal blog but I ranted about this very subject one day), I have taken to stating that I live in Barcelona, Spain and add that it is […]
- European wardrobe vs.California wardrobe 5 months ago Living in this general area of Europe–Northern Spain, Southern and central France, Northern and central Italy–requires modifications to one’s wardrobe. Not to try to fit in, mind you, but simply to deal with the climate, the terrain and the lifestyle. I’ve tried to make my CA wardrobe work...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 26 reviews on An Expat in Spain
13:20 PM October 03, 2012
So funny! I love this blog. :)
18:03 PM October 21, 2012
American Expat! reflects and dispenses advice with such honesty and humility. Great insight, as I have only known Spain through the eyes of a tourist.
11:03 AM November 02, 2012
This has been so helpful for me as I am considering moving to barcelona and don't know anyone there. I feel like now I have a basic plan and also know what to expect while settling in and later enjoying life!
17:44 PM December 02, 2012
Great deal of information! Funny and very useful! thanks
17:59 PM December 02, 2012
this is the best funniest blog i ever read, and i read like everyday:)
18:10 PM December 02, 2012
Beautifully written inspiring accounts that are both humorous and stuffed full if vital information. Definitely a place worth visiting again and again.
18:23 PM December 02, 2012
I love this!!! Helpful, funny and spot on! As an American...I can relate! ;)
18:44 PM December 02, 2012
Relatively good cultural relativism.
19:06 PM December 02, 2012
It is through the writing of someone with my shared values and life experiences that I most clearly see the people and places of Spain. I find it humorous and insightful that this is true even though I have been to Spain. But I did not have the time or energy on those business trips to truly take it all in as has been done here in this blog. There is not one word that is contrary to my own experiences, it is as if I now get to see what the rest of the story is, and that make my own experiences that much richer and memorable.
19:40 PM December 02, 2012
Hysterical and informative! Always a great read.
19:47 PM December 02, 2012
I may have to bring the family to spain for a Moto Gp:)
20:04 PM December 02, 2012
It is not only very informative but it is enjoyable to read because of the humor and down to earth writing style of the author. I look forward to each additional issue.
00:46 AM December 03, 2012
I love Britt's blog. Great information with a healthy dose of humor and reality. Really brings it home.
05:35 AM December 03, 2012
Love reading this blog. Always makes me laugh!!
06:54 AM December 03, 2012
Love it! :)
13:51 PM December 03, 2012
Britt's blog provides a great insight into the Spanish culture. I don't think there is a better way to learn about Spain than by learning from somebody who has totally immersed themselves in the culture as an expat. Her writing style and humor are icing on the cake.
00:31 AM December 05, 2012
So there I was, surfing the internets looking for that perfect expats blog when I stumbled upon this one. All I can say is WOW! It encompasses everything I was looking for in a blog.
01:26 AM December 05, 2012
I love this blog! Very informative and fun to read!
01:36 AM December 05, 2012
simply brilliant, well written and insightful.
13:40 PM December 05, 2012
Always a great read. I look forward to it each time.
15:07 PM December 05, 2012
Its' absolutely fab!
16:15 PM December 05, 2012
Britt is five-star snortastic!
17:12 PM December 05, 2012
it's fun reading about your life :o) Too bad I missed you when I was in Pamplona
03:57 AM December 06, 2012
Britt has a way of bringing Spain alive and it encourages me to follow my dream of living in Spain some day.
23:24 PM December 07, 2012
I love reading Britt's blogs. She is a natural writer.
00:18 AM December 08, 2012