An Expat in Spain
Latest Blog Posts »
- Stop with the winter already.... 3 months ago Dear Spain, So…yesterday as I was running through what I thought was a break in the rain, actual hail ricocheted off my uncovered skull. I arrived to the cafe where I was meeting with my friend with wet hair and mascara blobs sitting on my lashes, because I use this kind of mascara that...
- The cost of living question - answered! 4 months ago About once a month in the winter and once a week during the 3 other seasons, I receive a question regarding the cost of living in Barcelona, usually in the form of: “What do you think is the minimum someone needs to earn per month to live comfortably in Barcelona?” Sometimes there is...
- The average work day in Spain 4 months ago The average work day in Spain is negotiating its way between tradition–when no air conditioning existed, the country was poor, and business was 99% local–and the present day, which sees multinational corporations making Spain their home and the technology industry pulling the old...
- The holidays may be over for you... 5 months ago Back home, the holidays are Over with a capital O. Come January 2nd, gifts have already been returned, re-gifted, put into use or put away. The new year has been rung in and work resumes uninterrupted. But not here – the holidays are still in full swing. Today, January 5th, there is an...
- The visit home - Part I 6 months ago It’s Xmas time again, and I am on the second leg of my bi-yearly pilgrimage to the states. I’m in California after a brief visit to my brother’s place in Rhode Island, where he forgot me at the airport and already had three drinks in him when he finally answered his phone, 45...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 26 reviews on An Expat in Spain
13:20 PM October 03, 2012
So funny! I love this blog. :)
18:03 PM October 21, 2012
American Expat! reflects and dispenses advice with such honesty and humility. Great insight, as I have only known Spain through the eyes of a tourist.
11:03 AM November 02, 2012
This has been so helpful for me as I am considering moving to barcelona and don't know anyone there. I feel like now I have a basic plan and also know what to expect while settling in and later enjoying life!
17:44 PM December 02, 2012
Great deal of information! Funny and very useful! thanks
17:59 PM December 02, 2012
this is the best funniest blog i ever read, and i read like everyday:)
18:10 PM December 02, 2012
Beautifully written inspiring accounts that are both humorous and stuffed full if vital information. Definitely a place worth visiting again and again.
18:23 PM December 02, 2012
I love this!!! Helpful, funny and spot on! As an American...I can relate! ;)
18:44 PM December 02, 2012
Relatively good cultural relativism.
19:06 PM December 02, 2012
It is through the writing of someone with my shared values and life experiences that I most clearly see the people and places of Spain. I find it humorous and insightful that this is true even though I have been to Spain. But I did not have the time or energy on those business trips to truly take it all in as has been done here in this blog. There is not one word that is contrary to my own experiences, it is as if I now get to see what the rest of the story is, and that make my own experiences that much richer and memorable.
19:40 PM December 02, 2012
Hysterical and informative! Always a great read.
19:47 PM December 02, 2012
I may have to bring the family to spain for a Moto Gp:)
20:04 PM December 02, 2012
It is not only very informative but it is enjoyable to read because of the humor and down to earth writing style of the author. I look forward to each additional issue.
00:46 AM December 03, 2012
I love Britt's blog. Great information with a healthy dose of humor and reality. Really brings it home.
05:35 AM December 03, 2012
Love reading this blog. Always makes me laugh!!
06:54 AM December 03, 2012
Love it! :)
13:51 PM December 03, 2012
Britt's blog provides a great insight into the Spanish culture. I don't think there is a better way to learn about Spain than by learning from somebody who has totally immersed themselves in the culture as an expat. Her writing style and humor are icing on the cake.
00:31 AM December 05, 2012
So there I was, surfing the internets looking for that perfect expats blog when I stumbled upon this one. All I can say is WOW! It encompasses everything I was looking for in a blog.
01:26 AM December 05, 2012
I love this blog! Very informative and fun to read!
01:36 AM December 05, 2012
simply brilliant, well written and insightful.
13:40 PM December 05, 2012
Always a great read. I look forward to it each time.
15:07 PM December 05, 2012
Its' absolutely fab!
16:15 PM December 05, 2012
Britt is five-star snortastic!
17:12 PM December 05, 2012
it's fun reading about your life :o) Too bad I missed you when I was in Pamplona
03:57 AM December 06, 2012
Britt has a way of bringing Spain alive and it encourages me to follow my dream of living in Spain some day.
23:24 PM December 07, 2012
I love reading Britt's blogs. She is a natural writer.
00:18 AM December 08, 2012