An Expat in Spain
Latest Blog Posts »
- Festa Major de Gracia 2 months ago It’s that time of year again. Time to wander through the throngs of people gathering in the neighborhood of Gràcia to check out the street decoration contest, dance to some live music, eat street food, buy drink after drink, follow the correfoc parades, and lose your friends as you stumble...
- Where is the Volume Control Knob? 4 months ago …because I would like to notch it down, just a tad. Let me explain. Shouting is literally (and I don’t use that word as a misuse of the word figuratively. I mean Literally with a capital L) considered a normal speaking volume here. The other day I was in a shop selling specialty products...
- Dental work in Spain - Do I dare? 5 months ago I need to get some chipped teeth fixed. I ask for recommendations and receive a few. I make an appointment with one that seems good. The receptionist looks like she brushes her teeth with tobacco. The dentist is about 30 and has a rotten front tooth. This is someone who is supposed to make […]
- Caught in a summer storm 5 months ago This time last year I got caught in a sudden summer storm. I left my office and was just reaching for a Bicing (shared city bike) around 9:00PM when the fat drops started to fall hard and fast. Within 30 seconds, the ground was completely wet as I made a run for shelter below […]
- Getting Legal - The Non-Lucrative Residency Visa 5 months ago A few posts ago, we explored getting a long term student visa via a language school. If you don’t need to learn Spanish, there is another straightforward residency visa you can apply for in Spain: The Non-Lucrative Residency Visa. This is an option you may not have considered yet, especially...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 29 reviews on An Expat in Spain
13:20 PM October 03, 2012
So funny! I love this blog. :)
18:03 PM October 21, 2012
American Expat! reflects and dispenses advice with such honesty and humility. Great insight, as I have only known Spain through the eyes of a tourist.
11:03 AM November 02, 2012
This has been so helpful for me as I am considering moving to barcelona and don't know anyone there. I feel like now I have a basic plan and also know what to expect while settling in and later enjoying life!
17:44 PM December 02, 2012
Great deal of information! Funny and very useful! thanks
17:59 PM December 02, 2012
this is the best funniest blog i ever read, and i read like everyday:)
18:10 PM December 02, 2012
Beautifully written inspiring accounts that are both humorous and stuffed full if vital information. Definitely a place worth visiting again and again.
18:23 PM December 02, 2012
I love this!!! Helpful, funny and spot on! As an American...I can relate! ;)
18:44 PM December 02, 2012
Relatively good cultural relativism.
19:06 PM December 02, 2012
It is through the writing of someone with my shared values and life experiences that I most clearly see the people and places of Spain. I find it humorous and insightful that this is true even though I have been to Spain. But I did not have the time or energy on those business trips to truly take it all in as has been done here in this blog. There is not one word that is contrary to my own experiences, it is as if I now get to see what the rest of the story is, and that make my own experiences that much richer and memorable.
19:40 PM December 02, 2012
Hysterical and informative! Always a great read.
19:47 PM December 02, 2012
I may have to bring the family to spain for a Moto Gp:)
20:04 PM December 02, 2012
It is not only very informative but it is enjoyable to read because of the humor and down to earth writing style of the author. I look forward to each additional issue.
00:46 AM December 03, 2012
I love Britt's blog. Great information with a healthy dose of humor and reality. Really brings it home.
05:35 AM December 03, 2012
Love reading this blog. Always makes me laugh!!
06:54 AM December 03, 2012
Love it! :)
13:51 PM December 03, 2012
Britt's blog provides a great insight into the Spanish culture. I don't think there is a better way to learn about Spain than by learning from somebody who has totally immersed themselves in the culture as an expat. Her writing style and humor are icing on the cake.
00:31 AM December 05, 2012
So there I was, surfing the internets looking for that perfect expats blog when I stumbled upon this one. All I can say is WOW! It encompasses everything I was looking for in a blog.
01:26 AM December 05, 2012
I love this blog! Very informative and fun to read!
01:36 AM December 05, 2012
simply brilliant, well written and insightful.
13:40 PM December 05, 2012
Always a great read. I look forward to it each time.
15:07 PM December 05, 2012
Its' absolutely fab!
16:15 PM December 05, 2012
Britt is five-star snortastic!
17:12 PM December 05, 2012
it's fun reading about your life :o) Too bad I missed you when I was in Pamplona
03:57 AM December 06, 2012
Britt has a way of bringing Spain alive and it encourages me to follow my dream of living in Spain some day.
23:24 PM December 07, 2012
I love reading Britt's blogs. She is a natural writer.
00:18 AM December 08, 2012
02:25 AM December 05, 2014
I love La Boqueria! Can't wait to go back in Barcelona this holiday season
03:02 AM December 15, 2014
Can you help me check City Bites Barcelona. I will go to Barcelona by next week for a 3 day vacation with my Wife. :)
03:59 AM December 17, 2014
This blog is very informative and well written. I was in Barcelona Spain last October and experienced the La Boqueria food tour with City Bites Barcelona. It was great!