Driving Like a Maniac
Latest Blog Posts »
- Snowed under 1 week ago I wish this were a literal representation of why it’s been so quiet around here for the last couple of weeks, but no: despite the December chill in Catania and the liberal coating of the white fluffy stuff up at … Continue reading →
- Etna eruption, 16/17 November 2013 3 weeks ago If you’d said to me at the beginning of the evening on Saturday 16 November that I’d be climbing up Etna at 3am the following morning, to watch her erupt close-up, I’d have said you were crazy. And yet … … Continue reading →
- The Sea in Winter (redux) 4 weeks ago A version of this post was originally published in November 2011, when I first arrived in Catania. Two years on and November (up until the beginning of this week) had been milder and less blustery. The cold is beginning to … Continue reading →
- Thrills, chills and spills 2 months ago “So there are three routes tomorrow: easy, medium and heroic. Which one does anyone want to do?” Curled up in front of the fire after eating an obscene amount of barbecued meat it’s easy to plump for heroic. The way … Continue reading →
- Golden hour 3 months ago Some days, when you’re tired and fractious and under the weather, the only way to find balance again is to take a walk among the pines. And if those pine trees sit below a smoking volcanic crater turned deep red … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- From Expat to Immigrant Writing Contest October 2012 I hadn't intended to come to Italy. Argentina was where I wanted to be, where I could ride polo ponies across pampas plains and fall in love with handsome gauchos. That was the plan. Europe wasn't even on my list. It was too close to the UK and not...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Italy Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Italy!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 14 reviews on Driving Like a Maniac
23:03 PM October 08, 2012
23:46 PM October 08, 2012
Highly entertaining and beautifully written (and on occasion spoken!) blog. What this woman can't tell you about the experience of eating trifle is frankly not worth reading (or hearing).
00:25 AM October 09, 2012
Utterly love Driving Like a Maniac. Clever, well written and so hilarious it is responsible for many odd looks from fellow commuters as I laugh out loud on public transport.
00:30 AM October 09, 2012
She is a smashing storyteller. Highly recommended!
01:00 AM October 09, 2012
My favourite blog of them all - the writing is superb - you find yourself drawn in, as if you were there experiencing it too. Very gifted writer and most enjoyable blog.
01:26 AM October 09, 2012
She makes me want to move to Italy.
02:26 AM October 09, 2012
Always makes me wish I lived in Italy instead of China....
06:07 AM October 09, 2012
Intelligent, down to earth, great sense of humor..great blog!.
06:54 AM October 09, 2012
A wild ride - lots of fun.
10:19 AM October 09, 2012
I Look forward to Mondays with Kate's observations of her life in Sicily (and beyond)
11:55 AM October 09, 2012
Deep down she is a blonde - sweet writing, smart and wicked too. Clap clap.
08:55 AM October 10, 2012
Always an entertaining read.
06:06 AM October 13, 2012
I LOVE this blog!! She always takes me to interesting places in a way that makes me laugh out loud and feel like I was there. Brilliant. :-)
22:07 PM October 29, 2012
Big fan of Kate's writing. I love how she constructs a sentence - always in a delicate way. She has very readable material. We are both blogging about Sicily so for me, that makes it even more interesting.