Driving Like a Maniac
Latest Blog Posts »
- The credit card saga: part I 5 days ago It’s Palm Sunday, around 10am, and I’m on my way to the station to catch a bus to Siracusa. I know I’ve got enough money to get my bus ticket, and the people I’m meeting in Siracusa have offered to … Continue reading →
- No clothes, please: we're British 1 week ago As we pull into Bristol airport it becomes apparent what the boys have been whingeing about for the past week. A large sign looms ahead, telling us prices for the different parking areas – including pick-up and drop-off. It’s only … Continue reading →
- ... and breathe! 2 weeks ago So, what’s been going on around these parts? Well, I’m glad you asked. I’ve just got back from celebrating niece number one’s third birthday (cake and muddy dogs and small children – fabulous) and doing the whole international ‘meet the … Continue reading →
- BRB ... 2 months ago If you’ve been thinking that it’s a bit quiet around these parts at the moment, you’d be right. However, it’s not that I’ve forgotten about you – it’s just that I’ve been having a busy few weeks. Along with my … Continue reading →
- Carnival redux 2 months ago A couple of weeks ago I pulled a jacket out of my cupboard that I hadn’t worn in a while, because it’s too lightweight for winter. Spring’s well on its way in now, though, so it was time to break … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- From Expat to Immigrant Writing Contest October 2012 I hadn't intended to come to Italy. Argentina was where I wanted to be, where I could ride polo ponies across pampas plains and fall in love with handsome gauchos. That was the plan. Europe wasn't even on my list. It was too close to the UK and not...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Italy Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Italy!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 14 reviews on Driving Like a Maniac
23:03 PM October 08, 2012
23:46 PM October 08, 2012
Highly entertaining and beautifully written (and on occasion spoken!) blog. What this woman can't tell you about the experience of eating trifle is frankly not worth reading (or hearing).
00:25 AM October 09, 2012
Utterly love Driving Like a Maniac. Clever, well written and so hilarious it is responsible for many odd looks from fellow commuters as I laugh out loud on public transport.
00:30 AM October 09, 2012
She is a smashing storyteller. Highly recommended!
01:00 AM October 09, 2012
My favourite blog of them all - the writing is superb - you find yourself drawn in, as if you were there experiencing it too. Very gifted writer and most enjoyable blog.
01:26 AM October 09, 2012
She makes me want to move to Italy.
02:26 AM October 09, 2012
Always makes me wish I lived in Italy instead of China....
06:07 AM October 09, 2012
Intelligent, down to earth, great sense of humor..great blog!.
06:54 AM October 09, 2012
A wild ride - lots of fun.
10:19 AM October 09, 2012
I Look forward to Mondays with Kate's observations of her life in Sicily (and beyond)
11:55 AM October 09, 2012
Deep down she is a blonde - sweet writing, smart and wicked too. Clap clap.
08:55 AM October 10, 2012
Always an entertaining read.
06:06 AM October 13, 2012
I LOVE this blog!! She always takes me to interesting places in a way that makes me laugh out loud and feel like I was there. Brilliant. :-)
22:07 PM October 29, 2012
Big fan of Kate's writing. I love how she constructs a sentence - always in a delicate way. She has very readable material. We are both blogging about Sicily so for me, that makes it even more interesting.