Driving Like a Maniac
Latest Blog Posts »
- Acquarocca degli Zappini - a trek into the clouds 4 days ago … where the clouds – at just the right moment – clear. Etna, you never fail to amaze. You can also … Continue reading →
- Bread and wine and broken bridges - a day in the Nebrodi 1 week ago We’re in a panificio in Cesarò, picking up supplies for lunch. It’s a family-run place which looks like a normal house from the outside – stone-built, low-roofed, farm implements stacked up against the wall, that kind of thing. Inside, there’s … Continue reading →
- Where there's love, there's flavour - a prequel 2 weeks ago May 2012. I’m in Pasticceria Dulcissima, talking to Maurizio and Silvana, the owners. He’s in the airforce and speaks excellent English. The shop is her dream. Se c’è amore, c’è sapore is the motto: If there’s love, there’s flavour. She makes … Continue reading →
- Ibrahim and the game of Scrabble 1 month ago We’ve barely set up the Scrabble board before we’ve drawn a crowd. Well, maybe ‘crowd’ is stretching it, but we’re certainly attracting attention by playing, as we are, in the park at Villa Bellini. A middle-aged Italian man cranes to see what … Continue reading →
- The Last Good Day of the Year 2 months ago “Signora!” Donato winds down the window of his battered turquoise car and calls to the woman sitting in the back seat of hers with all the doors open. “Signora – Lei sa dov’è la spiaggia?” The woman peers around the … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- From Expat to Immigrant Writing Contest October 2012 I hadn't intended to come to Italy. Argentina was where I wanted to be, where I could ride polo ponies across pampas plains and fall in love with handsome gauchos. That was the plan. Europe wasn't even on my list. It was too close to the UK and not...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Italy Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Italy!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 14 reviews on Driving Like a Maniac
23:03 PM October 08, 2012
23:46 PM October 08, 2012
Highly entertaining and beautifully written (and on occasion spoken!) blog. What this woman can't tell you about the experience of eating trifle is frankly not worth reading (or hearing).
00:25 AM October 09, 2012
Utterly love Driving Like a Maniac. Clever, well written and so hilarious it is responsible for many odd looks from fellow commuters as I laugh out loud on public transport.
00:30 AM October 09, 2012
She is a smashing storyteller. Highly recommended!
01:00 AM October 09, 2012
My favourite blog of them all - the writing is superb - you find yourself drawn in, as if you were there experiencing it too. Very gifted writer and most enjoyable blog.
01:26 AM October 09, 2012
She makes me want to move to Italy.
02:26 AM October 09, 2012
Always makes me wish I lived in Italy instead of China....
06:07 AM October 09, 2012
Intelligent, down to earth, great sense of humor..great blog!.
06:54 AM October 09, 2012
A wild ride - lots of fun.
10:19 AM October 09, 2012
I Look forward to Mondays with Kate's observations of her life in Sicily (and beyond)
11:55 AM October 09, 2012
Deep down she is a blonde - sweet writing, smart and wicked too. Clap clap.
08:55 AM October 10, 2012
Always an entertaining read.
06:06 AM October 13, 2012
I LOVE this blog!! She always takes me to interesting places in a way that makes me laugh out loud and feel like I was there. Brilliant. :-)
22:07 PM October 29, 2012
Big fan of Kate's writing. I love how she constructs a sentence - always in a delicate way. She has very readable material. We are both blogging about Sicily so for me, that makes it even more interesting.