Driving Like a Maniac
Latest Blog Posts »
- The sweet, the savoury, and the sneaky hidden trifle 11 months ago Post coming very soon – in the meantime, why not check out the offerings from the other ladies of the Italy Roundtable? The Italy Roundtable is a group of likeminded women writing about different facets of Italy. The theme this … Continue reading →
- Five Minutes 11 months ago December sun warming bare skin. Pigeons roosting in holes in the wall, nibbling their feathers and bobbing their heads. The gentle, constant whirr of an extractor fan. A line of gossamer flying past, seeming to float on sunlight. Tiny flies … Continue reading →
- My favourite festival: Harvest 1 year ago Harvest, to me as a child in a farming community, meant wheat stubble burning and the throat-clutching excitement (terror?) of seeing the fire and smoke licking across the fields. Even though it was controlled, there was still – in my child’s … Continue reading →
- On weddings and (too much) wine 1 year ago The eagle-eyed among you will have noticed that it’s been a bit quiet around here recently. There’s a reason for that – Davide and I got married on 20 August! It’s therefore been a busy few months, but hopefully with the … Continue reading →
- It takes a village 1 year ago Signor Crigio, who owns the men’s tailoring shop that used to be at the bottom of the building, is tiny, dapper and slim, with round glasses and a white, perfectly-trimmed moustache – the archetypal tailor. He’s recently closed the shop down, … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- From Expat to Immigrant Writing Contest October 2012 I hadn't intended to come to Italy. Argentina was where I wanted to be, where I could ride polo ponies across pampas plains and fall in love with handsome gauchos. That was the plan. Europe wasn't even on my list. It was too close to the UK and not...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Italy Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Italy!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 14 reviews on Driving Like a Maniac
23:03 PM October 08, 2012
23:46 PM October 08, 2012
Highly entertaining and beautifully written (and on occasion spoken!) blog. What this woman can't tell you about the experience of eating trifle is frankly not worth reading (or hearing).
00:25 AM October 09, 2012
Utterly love Driving Like a Maniac. Clever, well written and so hilarious it is responsible for many odd looks from fellow commuters as I laugh out loud on public transport.
00:30 AM October 09, 2012
She is a smashing storyteller. Highly recommended!
01:00 AM October 09, 2012
My favourite blog of them all - the writing is superb - you find yourself drawn in, as if you were there experiencing it too. Very gifted writer and most enjoyable blog.
01:26 AM October 09, 2012
She makes me want to move to Italy.
02:26 AM October 09, 2012
Always makes me wish I lived in Italy instead of China....
06:07 AM October 09, 2012
Intelligent, down to earth, great sense of humor..great blog!.
06:54 AM October 09, 2012
A wild ride - lots of fun.
10:19 AM October 09, 2012
I Look forward to Mondays with Kate's observations of her life in Sicily (and beyond)
11:55 AM October 09, 2012
Deep down she is a blonde - sweet writing, smart and wicked too. Clap clap.
08:55 AM October 10, 2012
Always an entertaining read.
06:06 AM October 13, 2012
I LOVE this blog!! She always takes me to interesting places in a way that makes me laugh out loud and feel like I was there. Brilliant. :-)
22:07 PM October 29, 2012
Big fan of Kate's writing. I love how she constructs a sentence - always in a delicate way. She has very readable material. We are both blogging about Sicily so for me, that makes it even more interesting.