Driving Like a Maniac
Latest Blog Posts »
- Wake me up when September ends 6 days ago It may be the dog days of summer in Sicily, but there are still beach days to be had. A pair of sisters (cousins?) sit on a rock, reading. One, as brown and flat-chested as her cousin (sister?) is pale … Continue reading →
- In Ferie 2 months ago Service is likely to be a bit intermittent over the next month or so because – well – it’s hot and I’m on holiday. I’ll be back, though, never fear. I’m just taking the advice of many wise old farmers and … Continue reading →
- The Boss 3 months ago The five boys outside the restaurant are competing for attention with the pretty young woman standing in front of them. She’s laughing as they puff out their chests and hold out triumphant fingers to show how old they are. They’re … Continue reading →
- Beach People (redux) 3 months ago There haven’t been enough beach days for me yet this year. Not like the folks in today’s post, who I originally wrote about a year ago. Dedication – or maybe depilation – ‘s what you need when it comes to beachgoing. Never … Continue reading →
- How to play ... ball games 3 months ago “My ball! MY ball!” The toddler waddles across the scorched grass of Villa Bellini – one of Catania’s few green public spaces – as fast as he can. The ball in question is being dribbled away from him by a … Continue reading →
Contest Entries »
- From Expat to Immigrant Writing Contest October 2012 I hadn't intended to come to Italy. Argentina was where I wanted to be, where I could ride polo ponies across pampas plains and fall in love with handsome gauchos. That was the plan. Europe wasn't even on my list. It was too close to the UK and not...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Italy Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Italy!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 14 reviews on Driving Like a Maniac
23:03 PM October 08, 2012
23:46 PM October 08, 2012
Highly entertaining and beautifully written (and on occasion spoken!) blog. What this woman can't tell you about the experience of eating trifle is frankly not worth reading (or hearing).
00:25 AM October 09, 2012
Utterly love Driving Like a Maniac. Clever, well written and so hilarious it is responsible for many odd looks from fellow commuters as I laugh out loud on public transport.
00:30 AM October 09, 2012
She is a smashing storyteller. Highly recommended!
01:00 AM October 09, 2012
My favourite blog of them all - the writing is superb - you find yourself drawn in, as if you were there experiencing it too. Very gifted writer and most enjoyable blog.
01:26 AM October 09, 2012
She makes me want to move to Italy.
02:26 AM October 09, 2012
Always makes me wish I lived in Italy instead of China....
06:07 AM October 09, 2012
Intelligent, down to earth, great sense of humor..great blog!.
06:54 AM October 09, 2012
A wild ride - lots of fun.
10:19 AM October 09, 2012
I Look forward to Mondays with Kate's observations of her life in Sicily (and beyond)
11:55 AM October 09, 2012
Deep down she is a blonde - sweet writing, smart and wicked too. Clap clap.
08:55 AM October 10, 2012
Always an entertaining read.
06:06 AM October 13, 2012
I LOVE this blog!! She always takes me to interesting places in a way that makes me laugh out loud and feel like I was there. Brilliant. :-)
22:07 PM October 29, 2012
Big fan of Kate's writing. I love how she constructs a sentence - always in a delicate way. She has very readable material. We are both blogging about Sicily so for me, that makes it even more interesting.