John P Brady
Latest Blog Posts »
- Supermarkets in Sicily 1 month ago The myriad of wonders that are available in Sicily’s supermarkets take some time to get through. An expat really needs to leave behind the idea of eating the familiar homely foods and embrace this essential part of Sicilian life. There is the meat counter where along with the usual selection...
- Palermo 2 months ago Teatro Massimo, Palermo
- Streets of San Francisco by John P Brady 3 months ago I’m delighted and humbled to be part of The Bohemyth’s latest issue which is inspired by the Beat Generation. Alice Walsh, the editor, has been putting together great issues of this magazine for the past 5 months. It seems that now it is getting the attention it deserves. “John P...
- Sant'Agata 2013 Catania, Sicily [Part One] 3 months ago
- Winter in Sicily 5 months ago It’s winter in Sicily and I haven’t posted a thing for the last while as I ran into some website issues which refused to go away. But you are not reading this to hear about my problems, in fact you don’t care, nor should you. Your problems are far more pressing and concerning, as...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Honourable Mention Award!
This blog won the Honourable Mention Award for best expat blog in Italy!Copy and paste code to display the Honourable Mention Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 17 reviews on John P Brady
00:09 AM October 18, 2012
Really like the pictures and the useful info on Sicily. Hopefully I can see some of the places there soon. The writing is good too.
10:19 AM October 18, 2012
Really love this blog. They're not just well written and entertaining, they're also useful, as they were a real help when I visited Sicily last month. I will continue to read them in preparation for my next trip to that wonderful place.
23:23 PM October 18, 2012
Trojan tales of Sicilian ways, a drop of Mediterranean to go with your morning coffee !
11:01 AM October 21, 2012
I love this blog - it is written from an ex-pat's perspective but with a real local flavour. Insightful, humourous and well written!
16:24 PM October 22, 2012
Much though it pains me to vote for the competition, I can't not: this is a great blog full of descriptive writing and beautifully observed oddities. Now update more often, man!
21:56 PM October 29, 2012
I just got into blogs last year and have been following this one for a while. I like the mix of information, there's festivals, travel advice and lots of smashing photos. Love it!
22:14 PM October 29, 2012
Love his writing, it'll make you laugh sometimes, other times it sucks you in and you are practically in Sicily!
23:26 PM October 29, 2012
Lovely pictures and articles! It's my favourite blog at the moment
17:23 PM October 30, 2012
I really love the layout of this blog! Moreover the articles are really interesting and well written
18:06 PM October 30, 2012
I really wanna go to Sicily and I've been looking at the gorgeous pics and getting excited about it. Love this blog for the info about Sicily.
14:47 PM November 05, 2012
I follow this blog and, as a Sicilian, I can say that it is really pleasent to read the tales of this Irish man and see his point of view of my land. Very impressive and enjoyable. Good work John!!
17:35 PM November 05, 2012
I love John's blog, it portraits in a funny and intelligent way Sicilian atmosphere. John has made a good job providing useful information about this wonderful land, enhancing its qualities and defects objectively. I would give him ten stars if I could! :)
23:04 PM November 05, 2012
John is a very good writer, I always read his blog...it's a nice, alternative and colourful view of sicilian landscape, people and situations. I like to see how a foreigner sees Sicily, and John does it in a very good way.
23:20 PM November 05, 2012
Very cool site i learned a few things keep up the great work i will be back
09:56 AM November 06, 2012
Jonh's blog is fantastic, a Pen precise and careful to emphasize, to tell, what with his eyes saw and the feelings that he lived ...
09:19 AM November 08, 2012
It's a really good blog, John has a fresh, distinctive style and tops his posts up with a great sense of humour and beautiful pictures. Love it!
00:43 AM December 14, 2012
A wonderfully indepth perspective due to John P. Brady's lyrical prose which jumps right off the web and into the hearts and minds of us avid travellers who seek pastures new. Keep up the good work!