Latest Blog Posts »
- Hiking in a dreamed-of place on the Azores 1 week ago Always. That’s how long I’ve wanted to go to the Azores for. Well, for as long as I can remember. What brought you here is a common enough question whenever you go someplace slightly off the beaten path, but go to the Azores if you never get tired of that question. Also, be warned that […]
- A non-ode to sopaipillas pasadas, tales of failed expat experimentation in Chilean food 2 months ago Every rainy day in winter, Chileans coo, “que rico,” and head to the closest supermarket, casino (cafeteria) or grandmother’s house to get their sopaipillas pasadas on. Sopaipillas, which you might know from other Latin American cuisines, are round disks of dough, deep fried. In Chile,...
- Feria Report, Montreal Version (Sami Fruits), with bonus text 2 months ago Some dear friends of mine moved to Montreal last year. It was a big loss for me, they were some of my closest neighbors, and good friends, one of them someone who I often refer to as my cousin. We’ve lived in a bunch of the same places, had many same experiences, but it wasn’t until […]
- Skies of yestercity 2 months ago There’s a certain kind of broken sky we never get in Santiago. A weak northeastern sun that fractures the space above into clumps and sheep and defrocked pillows. This sky whispers directly into my head. It says you are waiting for the B49 bus on Ocean Avenue, your curls frozen in the chill...
- What's in a feria? The Valdivia feria report 2 months ago On a recent trip I took to research two different stories, one short and one long, I knew that one of my hotspots would be the diminutive feria fluvial or riverside market in Valdivia. Valdivia is lucky enough, or smart enough or pretty enough (not sure which) to be run through or passed by by a...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Chile Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Chile!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Bearshapedsphere has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!