Latest Blog Posts »
- Cranberries and Sweet Potatoes (and a grammar lesson) in Santiago, oh my! 1 week ago In the before times, it was hard to find sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving in Santiago. You had to go back to the Galpón de Chacareros, in the very northmost part of the Vega. There, on the right side of the left most aisle, there would be a man with some straggly little sweet potatoes. They […]
- Yes, we all know each other, and Santiago is a hanky 2 weeks ago Before you send out that mass email, I urge you to stop. So every now and then, dear reader, you come across one blog, or a group of them, and you write the blogger an email. I love your blog, you say! Now I have a question, you say. This is nice. It puffs up […]
- A hit, a hiss (mit?) and a miss, another version of Santiago Hit or Miss 3 weeks ago Reviewing Holm, a salad place in Providencia, Metissage, a French bakery/café in “lower” Vitacura, and Gaho, a café in kind of SE Providencia. Hits are self-explanatory. Misses are places I wouldn’t put at the top of my list. Adjectives describing hit and miss used at my discretion....
- I am not particularly escrupulosa, and that might not mean what you think 4 weeks ago I was sitting at the dining room table of a friend’s beach house a few years ago in Maitencillo, when someone offered me a bite of something they were eating, holding out the fork to me. It was some kind of cake. And since I don’t like Chilean cake, generally speaking, I was going to […]
- The Ultimate Architecture Disrespect, Santiago's Patrimonial Architecture on Fire (Again) 1 month ago This morning I woke up thinking many things. Maybe I would finish a blog post on language, or give you a feria report, now that the asparagus, cherries, blueberries and nisperos/loquats are in. I opened the curtain in the living room and saw white. It’s unseasonably cool out right now, and I...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Chile Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Chile!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Bearshapedsphere has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!