Latest Blog Posts »
- The Train of Other People's Memories (nostalgio-ferro-tourism?) 1 week ago Every now and then, EFE (the train authority/company/people in Chile) run these tourist trains along old tracks that used to, but no longer carry passenger trains. EFE drags old cars from somewhere, plump up the seats, put velcro on the curtains (really, my 1920s German car had velcro on the...
- That photo I always take 1 week ago There is no explanation for this photo. I can tell you where I took it, but I could have taken it anywhere, because I do take it anywhere. And everywhere. There is something about strong shadows of stringy trees on painted walls that I cannot get enough of. I want to freeze them and make […]
- Shriveled like a sun-dried tomato in the Santiago sun 3 weeks ago The sun in Santiago wants to kill me. Of this I am convinced. Every year I tell the quirky little tale of how I think there are four seasons in Santiago. And they are fall, spring, summer one and summer two. Summer two, I explain, to anyone who will listen, is when you’ve had three […]
- Walking in the Wind 1 month ago The wind can push you back, hold you in place, or escort you along. This is a piece I wrote about a windy day in the Falkland Islands that did a little bit of all of those. Bronze place winner in the 8th Annual Solas Awards. Category: Travel Memoir. Something that’s always bothered me about […]
- Valparaíso Cerro Abajo 2014 Report 2 months ago Before even leaving for Valparaíso this past Sunday to take pics at this thoroughly, completely insane downhill race, I did a little research. Okay, research might be putting it strongly. I read the press communique. Which in Spanish is called a comunicado de prensa. Press release? Something like...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Chile Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Chile!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Bearshapedsphere has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!