Latest Blog Posts »
- Redditors be darned, I went to the feria again, now with "exotics" 2 days ago For reasons that are perhaps only clear to the gods of Reddit themselves, I got some 2500 extra hits on my blog over the course of a couple of days, due to (I guess) someone in Ecuador getting fleeced in the food purchasing department. I have a reddit account, mainly to respond to whqt people [...]
- On being the Brussels of Latin America (So sorry, Bogotá) 6 days ago Everyone wants to be the New York of somewhere. Take Buenos Aires, for example. People want it to be the New York of South America. When I was in Copenhagen, and felt like people were being snooty in my direction, I got the feeling they thought they were the Paris of Scandinavia. You’d want...
- Celeste and Calipso, two friends I can't tell apart. A tale of color terminology in Chile 1 week ago Several years ago, I was in the locker room at the gym, and I must have left my (second-generation, I think) iPod Nano on the bench. When I looked in my pocket for it later, it wasn’t there. I was disappointed at having been so lax about something a bit pricey, and went back to [...]
- Feria report, the overpurchasing granny cart edition 2 weeks ago Sometimes you will go to the market when you haven’t gone in a while. I was in La Serena last weekend and running around the weekend before, so I didn’t get the chance. But I made up for it this week. The phenomenon that followed harkens back to the mistaken action of going to the [...]
- Variable pricing, ugly on any continent, a freelancer's gripe 2 weeks ago Oh, variable payment schemes. How you raise my ire (and blood pressure), and give me blog-fodder. Such a winning proposition. There is a long back story here about a company that asked me to do some work for them, and it turned out to be unpleasant, and so I did the part I’d started and [...]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Chile!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Bearshapedsphere has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!