Latest Blog Posts »
- The woman who saved my artichoke 4 weeks ago A different kind of feria report. As some of you may know, as I’ve mentioned it here, and in real life, I’m dealing with what I have referred to as a “stomach snafu.” It seems to be histamine intolerance and I won’t bore you with the details, but a lot of my formerly favorite foods, […]
- Santiago Carnaval Report. Dancers and Cuchiflies and Chaya, oh my! 2 months ago At any event in Chile, you are sure to find people selling something. Some of these people live mainly outside of the formal economy, selling different things at events and wherever crowds are likely to gather. Others are supplementing what they make at their regular job. You can find them outside...
- New-to-me Santiago Feria Report 4 months ago Oh, the feria. If there’s a constant in my life, and you are also in my life, you know I live by the feria. Cheaper fruit and veg, no long lines, and truthfully, it’s just one of the joys for me of living in Chile. I am still mid-snafu re: stomach, so most of what […]
- In Which Our Protagonist Makes the Most Out of Coconut 5 months ago What’s in a coconut? Several things conspired to make this event happen. First, a friend recently was complaining that you can’t get fresh coconut in Santiago. Not true, I cried! And then set out to find them, and find them I did, in the Vega, in my case, in the Peruvian aisles. She said...
- Street Spellcheck. What the Fock? 10 months ago When I was living in DC, I worked at a publishing company, writing business-to-business compliance manuals and newsy bits about environmental law. It was a pretty big office, maybe 60-80 people, and there was a core group of folks that I would make coffee-machine conversation with. One of these...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Chile Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Chile!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Bearshapedsphere has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!