Latest Blog Posts »
- Me importa un comino (I couldn't care less) 6 days ago Me importa un comino means, literally “it is as important to me as/ I don’t give a cumin seed.” Cumin seeds, as you may well be aware, are quite small. And yes, I really did set up the light box (made out of materials purchased at Sodimac (like Home Depot) and a local stationary store, […]
- For the love of a sweet potato, AKA, me querido camote 1 week ago There was a time when getting sweet potatoes in Chile required a trip to the very back of the Vega, to the Galpón de Chacareros, and even then, they’d mainly only have them in season (fall), or mayyyybe a little later if they’d been hand-harvested so they didn’t get bruised and rot. This...
- Availability of goods in Chile re: workarounds, or yes, I really did make pomegranate molasses 2 weeks ago At the risk of pulling rank, I will not entertain you with tales of times of yore, or as we like to call them antaño, from when you couldn’t get cheddar cheese in Chile to save your life, tortilla chips were something special, and you had to eat local junk food like Tu y Yo […]
- Button, Button, Who's Got the Button in Santiago? 4 weeks ago I recently stepped on a sweater of mine. And by me telling you this, you now know two things about me. 1. sometimes my clothes are on the floor and 2. I don’t even pretend that that’s not the case, and then proceed to step on them. There’s a specific place in my house where […]
- A semi-unconventional feria report, Huellas Verdes version 1 month ago Winter. Seriously. I went sledding the other day. The snow came up to my mid-thigh. I am of relatively short legs, but still, that’s a lot of snow. It was up in the mountains, true, but still, winter. Winter is not a season that is kind to growing, so do not judge what I am […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Chile Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Chile!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Bearshapedsphere has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!