Latest Blog Posts »
- Martinez de Rozas feria report, with bonus injuries and apartment insults 1 week ago More than just a feria report. Snarky signs, culinary background, broken bones (or not) and everyone's favorite, plumbing issues.
- The Best Souvenir, part II, Madrid 4 weeks ago It took me a long time to find it, the best souvenir of a trip to Madrid. I don’t eat ham, and I don’t believe it travels particularly well. I couldn’t possibly contain the energy and giganticness and overtouristed and hot and sweaty and perfect glass of gazpacho at any time of the day, and...
- Hiking in a dreamed-of place on the Azores 3 months ago Always. That’s how long I’ve wanted to go to the Azores for. Well, for as long as I can remember. What brought you here is a common enough question whenever you go someplace slightly off the beaten path, but go to the Azores if you never get tired of that question. Also, be warned that […]
- A non-ode to sopaipillas pasadas, tales of failed expat experimentation in Chilean food 4 months ago Every rainy day in winter, Chileans coo, “que rico,” and head to the closest supermarket, casino (cafeteria) or grandmother’s house to get their sopaipillas pasadas on. Sopaipillas, which you might know from other Latin American cuisines, are round disks of dough, deep fried. In Chile,...
- Feria Report, Montreal Version (Sami Fruits), with bonus text 4 months ago Some dear friends of mine moved to Montreal last year. It was a big loss for me, they were some of my closest neighbors, and good friends, one of them someone who I often refer to as my cousin. We’ve lived in a bunch of the same places, had many same experiences, but it wasn’t until […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Chile Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Chile!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Bearshapedsphere has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!