Latest Blog Posts »
- Where to buy Asian food products in Santiago, Chile 5 days ago In addition to the where do I buy hazelnuts/brown sugar/dried ginger questions of yore, many of which I have answered here, in this post about tostadurias, is the ongoing question of where to buy Asian food products. Maybe you’re looking for rice noodles, because you are celiac, or a gallon of...
- Three ways to eat an empanada, and from the middle ain't one (Los 33) 2 weeks ago I went to see Los 33 over the weekend, the movie about the Chilean miners who were pulled out of the mine, alive, in one of the world’s most spectacular (and quite honestly, unexpected) mine rescues. There were 33 of them, and they lived in the area of the mine called the refuge for months, […]
- Be the dog in the red coat. Eyes open in Santiago's Bio Bio flea market 2 months ago Where guidebooks will never send you, there are still always treasures to be found. Sometimes surgical supplies, or coffee and a cinnamon roll. You never know, so you just have to keep your eyes open.
- Martinez de Rozas feria report, with bonus injuries and apartment insults 3 months ago More than just a feria report. Snarky signs, culinary background, broken bones (or not) and everyone's favorite, plumbing issues.
- The Best Souvenir, part II, Madrid 3 months ago It took me a long time to find it, the best souvenir of a trip to Madrid. I don’t eat ham, and I don’t believe it travels particularly well. I couldn’t possibly contain the energy and giganticness and overtouristed and hot and sweaty and perfect glass of gazpacho at any time of the day, and...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Chile Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Chile!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Bearshapedsphere has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!