Latest Blog Posts »
- Walking in the Wind 1 week ago The wind can push you back, hold you in place, or escort you along. This is a piece I wrote about a windy day in the Falkland Islands that did a little bit of all of those. Bronze place winner in the 8th Annual Solas Awards. Category: Travel Memoir. Something that’s always bothered me about […]
- Valparaíso Cerro Abajo 2014 Report 1 week ago Before even leaving for Valparaíso this past Sunday to take pics at this thoroughly, completely insane downhill race, I did a little research. Okay, research might be putting it strongly. I read the press communique. Which in Spanish is called a comunicado de prensa. Press release? Something like...
- Dear those who are traveling, and (perhaps moreso) those that are staying put 3 weeks ago I am so happy for you that you are traveling the world and blogging/instagramming/tweeting it. That every day you wake up and see something new, something photogenic. And that you take pictures of it, and describe it with your pretty words, both of which bring one thing into focus while leaving the...
- Recipe for a Coastal Weekend Relajo, El Quisco Norte 1 month ago One of the things that I find so hard to capture about what I love about Chile is this. Also, forgive me, but I have been in recipe development land, and old habits die hard. You’re lucky I didn’t take all the photos with a shallow depth of field, heavy bokeh and strange items in […]
- Hit or Miss, more things to drink, all in Providencia 1 month ago Back by popular demand (okay, one person asked for it), I’ve got a hit or miss for you. First, a miss, with a qualifier. I was on the fifth comuna of a 5-comuna tour, with meetings and visits and such all over town, so I needed this to be good. I needed it to be […]
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Chile Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Chile!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » Bearshapedsphere has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!