Banana Skin Flip Flops
Latest Blog Posts »
- Bogotá vs La Costa: Is change in the hair? 1 week ago I have a new boyfriend. He is from a part of Colombia so famous for producing macho, chauvinistic young men that at first I didn’t want to go out with him. And when I did, I thought I knew what to expect. I would have to teach the “How to date a blonde girl 101” […]
- Colombia: Is it something in the jeans? 1 week ago I’m a tall woman and, depending on the proximity of chocolate cake and opportunities for wine consumption, a slim one. In fact, I was so skinny as a teenager they used to call me “sticky” instead of Vicki and wondered if I would ever grow curves. Politer people still asked if I wanted to be...
- Do dreams have an expiry date? 1 month ago One of the best things about travelling is the excuse it gives you to pre-read. Off to Colombia? Read García Márquez. Off to Chile? Read Allende. Off to India? Read Shantaram. Off to Cuba, read bloody everything. It is a bit like being in a book club – it forces you to make time for […]
- You love your country but does it love you? 1 month ago Every time I am on a plane and I feel that little bump which means the wheels have touched down at El Dorado airport, I feel so relieved. It’s always good to be home; returning to a place that you love and understand, where you feel loved and wanted, where you have hopes and dreams […]
- Alright. How are you supposed to love yourself more? 1 month ago I was lucky enough to visit Burma recently – a dream of mine for some years – and in superb clichéd fashion, my friend and I met a young Buddhist monk out taking his morning stroll on the U Bein Bridge, just outside Mandalay. I confessed to the monk – I am wont to confess […]
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Banana Skin Flip Flops has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!