Banana Skin Flip Flops
Latest Blog Posts »
- A really small thing 1 week ago The boy had one dream and one plan and three days after his twentieth birthday, he decided it was time to act. He said goodbye to his mother. She cried. He said goodbye to his girlfriend. She cried too, although a little less than his mother because she, at least, expected to see him again. […]
- Can you love a player? Can you love a fool? 2 weeks ago Anyone who has ever lived in Colombia will know that Colombians deal with paperwork the same way a drowning man deals with choppy water. You’re doing well if you keep your head above the waves. I have long accepted this and I accepted it the other day when a new client asked me for a […]
- 101 things to do in Bogotá 5 months ago Climb a tower at the Botanical Gardens and watch the hummingbirds fight in the sky. Make like a cachaco and get a bespoke hat designed in Calle San Miguel. Be the rebel who wears neon and rollerblades with a dog on the ciclovia. Read poetry on the TransMilenio on a rainy Sunday and remember Gabo...
- Gabo's Bogotá 7 months ago At that time Bogotá was a remote, lugubrious city where an insomniac rain had been falling since the beginning of the sixteenth century… In the streetcars and public urinals there was a melancholy sign. “If you don’t fear God, fear syphilis.” Gabriel García Márquez
- Our unenviable stamp of approval 7 months ago I got married recently and was lucky enough to receive many generous gifts from my family and friends but my favourite, if you’re allowed a favourite, was the seven shiny new dairy cows my husband and I received from my father-in-law. You cannot receive a cow as a gift, or seven, if you’re a...
ExpatsBlog.com Featured Expat Blog Badge:
Website Reviews » Banana Skin Flip Flops has no reviews just yet
Unfortunately, no-one has been kind enough to leave a quick positive comment on this expat blog. Be the first!