Adriknows - Life in Budapest
Latest Blog Posts »
- Fresh New "Canteen" Opens Near Szena Ter 4 years ago Good news, because good food is hard to find in the Szell Kalman ter (aka Moszkva ter) neighborhood. This one’s called Finomito Kantin – finomito means “refinery” and kantin is “canteen,” implying a cool industrial edge but also referring to a commitment to more refined cuisine than the...
- Winter in Budapest - Top 5 Outdoor Ideas! 4 years ago You’ve seen the Christmas markets, warmed up with mulled wine, and now you’re ready for more Budapestian adventures. I’m sure you’ve seen my list of skating rinks (http://wp.me/p1Mrmn-9V), but how about a sledding party? Cross-country ski lessons? Downhilling or snowboarding? For the...
- Budapest's Top 5 Skating Rinks 4 years ago The holidays and winter wouldn’t be complete with a few rounds around a scenic skating rink, and warming up afterward with a cup of hot chocolate or mulled wine! Budapest has some great places for a skate, all with skate rental, lessons, opportunities to rent rinks for parties, and a good time to...
- Remembering Extraordinary Hungarians 4 years ago November is a time to remember those who have gone before. In Hungary, families visit cemeteries, leave wreaths and flowers, light candles and talk about loved ones they’ve lost. For me, it’s a time to think about Hungarians whose lives were lived in the shadow of war, fascism, communism or...
- Live It. Love It. Budapest! 4 years ago I’m back in Budapest and ready to help you get the best out of life here. That’s why I now offer a Live and Love Budapest seminar, an informal two-hour introduction to the ins and outs of the city, from how to ride the metro to urban legends and culture-clash solutions. If you like my blog,...
ExpatsBlog.com Expat Blog Awards 2012: Hungary Gold Award!
This blog won the Gold Award for best expat blog in Hungary!Copy and paste code to display the Gold Award Badge:
Website Reviews » There are 13 reviews on Adriknows - Life in Budapest
10:19 AM November 14, 2012
I LOVE this blog. Adri writes in a way that makes me feel like I'm actually living in Budapest, exploring the unbeaten paths, navigating the latest trends, juggling a hectic bicultural family life. I appreciate how she caters to those who are actually living in (or traveling to) Budapest by offering coupon codes, discounts, and other gems. Adriknows is like the Lonely Planet-Budapest travel book, Working Mother magazine, Family Fun magazine, and Travel & Leisure magazine all rolled into one!
11:23 AM November 27, 2012
I wish we had one of her in Prague... :-)
11:50 AM November 27, 2012
Adri definitely knows! I rely on Adri's advice for local food, shopping and off-the-beaten path suggestions. As an expat who only speaks English, her blog and advice is invaluable to me. Sometimes this country feels impossible to navigate but Adri definitely makes it easier.
13:51 PM November 27, 2012
The energy in Adri's blogs are only matched by the energy with which she lives. Her writing is interesting and even, dare I say it, exciting! She doesn't wander around Budapest, she lives as fully as one possibly can and then shares the experiences she lives with all of us. Budapest is truly blessed!
17:23 PM November 29, 2012
As a Hungarian expat living abroad I keep coming back to Adri's blog whenever I feel homesick a bit. It's interesting to see the country I haven't lived in for so many years through fresh eyes.
10:25 AM December 10, 2012
Adrie really DOES know Budapest/Hungary. She has a ton of experience, not just from living there and living with/like a local :) but also from having worked as a reporter for an English language magazine focused on people wanting to get to know Budapest. I love reading what she shares. She is a great guide, a wonderful writer and shares so much valuable information for both visitors and expats!
10:30 AM December 10, 2012
Love Adriknows. Lots of useful information and I really enjoy reading about her experiences living in Hungary.
10:47 AM December 10, 2012
Adriknows is the first choice I recommend to anyone who'd like to know what's really going on in the city. It is fun, with tons of cool stories and information. This blog is definitely a gem for expats.
12:46 PM December 10, 2012
I totally love Adri knows. Adri writes about the Hungarian reality from a special angle, building from real experience, the result is really refreshing and surprising -- for a Hungarian as well! I am embarrassed to say *Adri knows* MUCH more about all the things going on in Hungary than me (a local)... thanks for making me explore my own country through expact glasses!
12:54 PM December 10, 2012
Love this blog! Love reading about this great city - whether just info about Budapest or Hungary or advice on food or suggestions on where to find something - it's all great. Thanks Adri for keeping us expats informed!
15:55 PM December 10, 2012
I have met and worked with Adri a number of years in the Netherlands. And I've come to know her as a very pleasant, modest, interested, and wise lady with the right amount of self-relativism, who knows what she is talking about without overdoing it. In short, the colleague of your dreams. The reason I like to read her blogs about Budapest, although I've never been there and I'm not going to in the near future, is the fact that all her characteristics come back in her stories. 5 stars.
16:34 PM December 10, 2012
I love reading Adriknows because she really knows! She writes interesting travel, fashion, culture and historical articles. Only being to Budapest once, it makes me want to return each time I read one. Love that she personalized her blog with her family so you get different family perspectives. It's always a fun read and I love the links she puts it. Thanks Adri!
14:20 PM December 11, 2012
Adri really knows all about living in Budapest. I'm an avid follower of her blog which brings to life all that Budapest has to offer, plus more...